Upset Winner in the Arkansas Derby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upset Winner in the Arkansas Derby

I like #3 Canteen (12-1 on the morning line). The whole field is suspect. Afleet Alex can't route, Greater Good has beaten lousy competition and has slow speed figures. Andromeda's Hero is Zito's fifth stringer. Flower Alley's win in the Lane's End stakes came despite a very slow final 1/8th of a mile. The main threat is another long shot, #7 Wild Desert, a McPeek horse that Pat Valenzuela comes in to ride.

But I love Canteen. Yes, he's still a maiden but actually won his last race at Santa Anita, only to be taken down on a DQ. He's trained by Neil Drysdale, who never overspots his horses. His Beyer speed figure of 86 is only okay but he didn't break well. Great breeding: Fusaichi Pegasus by Bottle Top----that's all distance breeding. This is only the fourth race of his life and he's sitting on a breakthrough at what should be a good price against the softest field I've seen in a $1 million race in ages. Victor Espinoza in from Cal to ride.

I'd play #3 to win and place and in a trifecta #3 with 2,5,7 with all. Also, exacta box 3-7.
    Last edited by griswold; 04-16-2005, 01:08 AM.

Two other plays I like

Both should go off around 2-1.

I like:
    #1 Unabashed Charm in the 6th race at Aqueduct
    and
    #3 Relaxed in the 7th race at Keeneland

Comment

what track

Originally posted by griswold
      I like #3 Canteen (12-1 on the morning line). The whole field is suspect. Afleet Alex can't route, Greater Good has beaten lousy competition and has slow speed figures. Andromeda's Hero is Zito's fifth stringer. Flower Alley's win in the Lane's End stakes came despite a very slow final 1/8th of a mile. The main threat is another long shot, #7 Wild Desert, a McPeek horse that Pat Valenzuela comes in to ride.

But I love Canteen. Yes, he's still a maiden but actually won his last race at Santa Anita, only to be taken down on a DQ. He's trained by Neil Drysdale, who never overspots his horses. His Beyer speed figure of 86 is only okay but he didn't break well. Great breeding: Fusaichi Pegasus by Bottle Top----that's all distance breeding. This is only the fourth race of his life and he's sitting on a breakthrough at what should be a good price against the softest field I've seen in a $1 million race in ages. Victor Espinoza in from Cal to ride.

I'd play #3 to win and place and in a trifecta #3 with 2,5,7 with all. Also, exacta box 3-7.
      which track is this race at?

Comment

Race 9 @ Oaklawn

-smooth

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by smooth53_98
          Race 9 @ Oaklawn

-smooth
          Thanks

Comment

Gl Bud

Comment

griswold, I'm listening to you----got him to win place and your exacta

Comment

Working...
              X