Horse Watch List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse Watch List

Heading into the summer months is my horse season. That is for several reasons but mostly because it is the easiest time for me to get to the track and Vegas.
    During this "season" I read alot of result charts and look for future betting nuggets, as I believe this becomes very valuable because (in my opinion) 95% of bettors don't.
    Anyway it gets to be alot of work so I am going to limit this to the Gulfstream / Calder circuit and with time permitting Tampa Downs. Last year I did pretty well with it (NY Circuit).
    I am going to post what I come up with.
    Please remember nothing is a guarantee and you still need to handicap. If anyone else does anything like this or even sees a horse they believe for some reason or another may be a good bet in an upcoming race, I encourage you to post the horse.
    If you find a horse you can enter it in a free horse watch list on drf.com (sign up is free) or there are other sites that provide this service. You will recieve info when the horse gets entered in a race.

Let's see if it flies, and who knows if a horse appears on the list and Smooth, Philly, Gris or any other resident capper likes it in their 'capping, I think it would have a pretty good shot!!
    Remember the three R's:
    Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

My first entries..

Palique (Uru)- This horse last ran 2nd on 3/14 @ Gulfstream 1 1/8 m on the Turf. Allw Opt Cl $75,000. He was not up for a price. The rails were out 60 ft!!!. He closed very well from the 6F pole (approx, 3 lengths) into the fastest fractions of the race. The horse had been off since 11/10/04.

Honest Hash- Last raced on 3/16 @ gulfstream. 1 1/16 on the Turf. Mdn Clm $45,000. Again he closed well during the fastest fractions of the race (from 6f pole). What caught my attention was his 6 sec. final 1/16 along with the running line, "...advanced 3 wide around the far turn, was bumped along the rail into the stretch, then closed to be up for the place". The horse he bumped with has "bumped soundly" in his line. Nice line for a 3 yo Maiden.
    Remember the three R's:

Comment

rwall, do you enter these into a 'virtual stable' or other entry notification service as provided by DRF or equibase? I was going to say that if you would do that and then let us know when they will be running we could all take a look at the race and see what the consensus thinks.

-smooth

Comment

Originally posted by smooth53_98
        rwall, do you enter these into a 'virtual stable' or other entry notification service as provided by DRF or equibase? I was going to say that if you would do that and then let us know when they will be running we could all take a look at the race and see what the consensus thinks.

-smooth
        Yes, DRF has the watch list that sends you emails of when the horse is entered and they also have an option of sending you workout notifications. Some tracks also with this service call this a virtual stable. I get those from calder and DRF so I can only assume other Churchhill Downs tracks also have this available.
        I will do the best I can to let everyone know. I wish I could promise I will be 100%, but I can't, but i do promise to try real hard to. I haven't been able to enter them yet but I have been looking. I already missed one from my list that won (not these 2). The only problem I have is most time spent on the computer is at work, they have filters that limit what sites I can get to. At home it's not as easy to get to the computer, usually busy w/ the kids or wifey.
        Remember the three R's:

Comment

Thanks R wall keep us updated on these horses

Comment

Originally posted by rwall
            Yes, DRF has the watch list that sends you emails of when the horse is entered and they also have an option of sending you workout notifications. Some tracks also with this service call this a virtual stable. I get those from calder and DRF so I can only assume other Churchhill Downs tracks also have this available.
            I will do the best I can to let everyone know. I wish I could promise I will be 100%, but I can't, but i do promise to try real hard to. I haven't been able to enter them yet but I have been looking. I already missed one from my list that won (not these 2). The only problem I have is most time spent on the computer is at work, they have filters that limit what sites I can get to. At home it's not as easy to get to the computer, usually busy w/ the kids or wifey.
            rwall, if you let me know the day before they are going to run, I will certainly look at the PP's and maybe run some figures on it.

-smooth

Comment

Mystic's Fortune - Raced on 3/19 @ 1 1/8 Starter's Allw (< = 10,000). Raced against incredible fractions and held (early internal fractions of 23 3/5 & 22 4/5) before encountering trouble.."MYSTICS FORTUNE prompted the pace outside PRIVATE GOLD, made a run at the lead inside the eighth, then steadied in close quarters at the sixteenth pole and weakened." finished fourth 2 1/4 behind leader.
              Remember the three R's:

Comment

rwall, what we should do is get a couple of us as volunteers to each do a track/circuit and post out horses here in a dedicated thread... we could compare notes as to what we are looking for and cap each other's races as the horses reappear. (Time permitting of course).

I'd glady offer to do either Philly or Monmouth/Meadowlands (I basically save all the charts anyway (for ACRC/Mth/Med) and track key races for Monmouth/Meadowlands, Philly, and Delaware Park.

Any thoughts?

-smooth

Comment

I think it's a great idea Smooth
                  Remember the three R's:

Comment

It's raining like crazy here today... maybe I will use that time to go over some old Philly charts and see what looks like good.

-smooth

Comment

Beautiful here in SoFla.
                      Cool and breezy!!!! (haha)
                      Remember the three R's:

Comment

Nice news about Palique. The horse that beat him last out was Deputy Lad who got the show in the Pan American G2.
                        Remember the three R's:

Comment

Smooth,
                          If you get a chance, Honest Hash is entered into Race 3 on 4/6 at Gulfstream.
                          Remember the three R's:

Comment

Smooth,
                            Thanks rwall, I should be able to get those PP's tomorrow... I will certainly look at that card!

-smooth

Comment

Smooth,
                              ML is 3-1, I will analyze this race later and let you know what I think.... 6 horse field with the ML favorite at 5-2, and two horses at 3-1.

-smooth

Comment

Working...
                              X