San Carlos Handicap SANTA ANITA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Carlos Handicap SANTA ANITA

Haven't handicapped since last fall......bt it's like riding a bike they say.

Let's take a stab at this race

Looking over the card it looks like there will be alot of early speed. #1 Hasty Kris will go to the front and will have the #3 Sinister G right there with him. I can see now why Mullins entered Sinsiter G. Mullins also has the #2 horse Choctaw Nation ( A beast of a horse winning 5 of 6 starts). Choctaw Nation is a late runner and likes to run from behind then surge to the line. Mullins plan of attack is to put #3 out front to make Douglas use up #1 Hasty Kris and let Choctaw come from behind to get the win. Only problem with a win ticket is that Choctaw is Stale....hasn't ran since last August.

The #8 horse OCEANUS a Brazilian horse has my attention also. Last race out here at Santa Anita He broke dead last and was behind the leader by 13 lengths. At the turn he gained 5 lengths...but the most impressive move was the stretch run gaining 8 full lengths and just missing the win ticket by a 1/2 a length. Is this horse outclassed? YES. But I have to believe that Berrio will be more comfortable shortening up the distance and turning this horse loose a little earlier.

The #5 is interseting adding blinkers. I think Oneill will find that this horse will run better on turf.

#7 Del Mar Show. This horse ...or trainer has my attention moreso than any other. D Wayne Lukas takes over this horse 2 races back. Does Lukas see something that Mott didn't? switching this horse over from turf to dirt? If he did why not try a few lower level races to test it out? I also think this horse will give a good effort as Espinoza weakened this horse last race out to finish dead lastion a field of 5. who wants to bet on a horse that ran dead last race before? I don't usually bet suface switch horses...but I have a feeling Lukas has something up his sleeve today.

Here is what I will do:

#7 Del Mar Show WPS
    #7, 8, 2 EBX
    #7, 8, 2 TBX

Good Luck today!!
Working...
X