A few Friday Gulfstream ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few Friday Gulfstream ideas

I plan on posting some rated plays again soon but these are a few mild opinions to look at for the Friday Gulfstream card.

Race 1 #8 Seventhavenuegolda
    Price will be crap---maybe 7-5---but seems like a stickout first off the claim. Trained by Peter Walder, a name that will pop up a few more times in this post.

Race 2 #1 Aileen's Pride
    Drops in class in third start of career in this maiden claimer. Velazquez rides. May be fast enough to get lead and last race wasn't as bad as it looked. May get 5-1

Race 5 #1A Thrillin Discovery
    Make sure this horse runs as he is part of any entry and is stuck on the also-eligible list. I hate betting horses over nine years old and this one's now 10 but is first off the claim and stays at the same level. Sneaky trainer shenanigans here as the horse runs in the name of the wife of trainer Peter Walder. They've pulled this maneuver in the past to get a price. In fact, the wife won with 6 of her 12 runners in 04. Best Bet of the day.

Race 6 #2 Stormy Act
    Bomb of the day. May get 15-1. Closer in a $30,000 grass race. Others have better speed figures and we're stuck with an apprentice rider but the trainer's sharp and the horse had a very fast workout Sunday for this race.

Race 10 #11 Groomeroma
    I'm stuck on the Walder family today. This guy also trains my pick in race #1 and his wife is the listed trainer of the pick in race 5. This horse finished second at this exact level and distance last out but chased a winner who was loose on an easy lead. More pace today and that sets it up for this one.

If I hit two of these, I'll resume regular posting. If I get skunked I'll skulk away for a little longer.
    Last edited by griswold; 01-28-2005, 01:04 AM.

Nothing Wrong Gris.

Stormy Just Missed At Bid Odds-i Put Him With 3 Other Horses I Liked And Got Anice Tri-keep On Postin Bro.-bignutt
    DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Working...
    X