Longshot Keeneland winner and 4 other best bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longshot Keeneland winner and 4 other best bets

All plays rated at $10 to win and place except one double play (only my third of the year)

Belmont Park Race 6 Play #5 Acanthus
    Makes only third start of his life in this turf race. Just missed showing big improvement in first turf race last out at Delaware. Sensational breeding for the distance.

Belmont Park Race 7 DOUBLE PLAY #7 Rosie's Big Boy
    Closer just missed at this class level last out at Saratoga. Trainer Levine is red hot and won three yesterday. Cuts back slightly in distance after leading and getting nailed at wire in last. Migliore, riding all of the barn's live ones right now, stays aboard. 2-1 is possible and that's a steal. This horse should be played at double the amount of the other selections.

Keeneland Race 7 Gr. III Phoenix Breeders Cup Play #2 Hosco
    Here's a chance to get top Southern California trainer Doug O'Neill at a big price! Was shipped to New York for Grade I King's Bishop at Saratoga last out and faded badly but that's misleading. He was part of a torrid pace and couldn't handle seven furlongs. Cuts back to six in this race---a major prep for the Breeders Cup Sprint---and will benefit from Keeneland's notorious inside speed bias. Aggresive SoCal jok Corey Nakatani in to ride. Already a graded stakes winner sprinting and just missed against Kentucky Derby horse Imperialism this spring. Live longshot.

Keeneland Race 10 Play #10 Tikkanita
    This one isn't a long shot but she's still good value. Trainer specializes in marathon turf races like this mile and a half allowance. Romped versus lesser in first start of year last out at Pimlico. Ran in graded stakes last year in France as a three year old.

Louisiana Downs Race 2 Play #2 Royal Blend
    I hate maiden claimers but this one's irresistible. Two year old was eased in career debut last out but gets switch to a top rider for a trainer whose horses win 33 percent of the time second out. Meets an awful field. Trainer has hit 34 percent at this meet. May get 6-1 because of lousy debut race.

YTD: -$136
Working...
X