Help From The Racing Gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help From The Racing Gods

As I sit and wait for jeane to come blow me I took the time to handicap yesturday's form from Calder (my home track). A trend or angle that seemed to be very effective was to take the highest Beyer figure the horses had in last three races and play on the the horse with the highest figure:

r1: Jean de Actress high fig won $6.80
    r2won by first time starter)
    r3:Bolele's Billy and Accomplish both had high #, 52
    B. Billy won $8.00
    Accomplish $2.20 to place $13.60 ex.
    r4:Plum wonder highest fig. won $12.40
    r5:Royal Admiral highest fig @77 won $16.60
    r6:Irish class highest @49 won $5.40
    r7:Mystical Beauty had the high fig finished out of the $
    Dinner Sweets had the 2nd high #won $8.20
    r:8 Cadet Nurse had the high fig won$4.80
    r:9 Najibes Acre had the highest fig (83) and finshed $
    Alix M had the 2nd high @81 & won $5.60
    r:10 Song hunter had the high @ 44 and showed
    Survita had the 2nd high @42 & won $5.00

What I would like to know is if anybody has old DRF's and can back handicap this track and use the "angle" to see if it as effective as it was on Sat.
    FAST / FIRM only
    Remember the three R's:
    Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

rwall,

Can't really help you here, I don't use the DRF and have no access to the old files for Calder. I do remember someone from another board that tried this idea using Beyers. They found that it will get you a horse in the money a fairly consistent amount of the times, and when using one of the top 3 Beyers it generally got you the contenders most of the time. It seemed to be better using the top pick in routes (dirt) than in sprints (dirt); while you would generally get the winner in the TOP 4 selections made this way (something like 78% of the time).

You may want to track how this angle does in different classes, distances, and surfaces.

I hope this helps!

-smooth

Comment

thank you
      smooth
      I try to handicap old forms to see what works and what doesn't using different approaches speed, training angles etc... to see whats working.
      I will go back after today and check todays
      I don,t have time cleaning up /post storm
      Remember the three R's:
      Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Comment

rwall,

I track many different angles (some I still track, some I have given up on, others I have refined into winners). If you need any help with tracking or want some ideas on how to make a specific angle work a little better, let me know, I am more than happy to share some of my experiences with you!

Good luck and I hope the storm didn't hit you too hard!

-smooth

Comment

Working...
        X