delmar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delmar

DEL MAR -- Race #4 -- GOLD WAY WEST (#2)
    __________________________________________________ __________________

The 4th race is a starter allowance turf route for three year olds and upward. Par for this level is a 101. For today's analysis, I will focus my attention on the two turf races run on August 7th and the 13th. The August 7th turf route has three contenders returning to try and finally clear this starter allowance level. SALT WELLS (4-1), THAUMATURGE (3-1) and SHARPEN UP VICTOR (7-2) raced on August 7th where the winning figures were 109-111-101+ for this same 101 level. Only the winner broke par that day, so the "also rans" might need to step up their figures a bit in order to win today's race.

The other race to focus on is the turf route from August 13th. GOLD WAY WEST (5-1) comes out of a very solid race for the level where the winning figures were 108-109-104+ for the 104 level. GOLD WAY WEST was racing in a $50,000 claiming race that day. Today's race is actually a drop in class from a 104 par to a 101. The connections don't have to worry about losing GOLD WAY WEST via the claim under these conditions. GOLD WAY WEST's most recent figures of 105-106-99+ were "better than looked" as he had traffic trouble at the quarter pole. That effort was also the first start for GOLD WAY WEST here in California. Shipping from Florida to Del Mar can take its toll on some horses. The sharp 59 and change bullet work (since raced) tells me that GOLD WAY WEST should be ready for a new top performance.

GOLD WAY WEST will be today's spot play and key horse in the exotics. I will use SALT WELLS, THAUMATURGE and SHARPEN UP VICTOR in the exotics mix. I will give SHARPEN UP VICTOR most of the exacta attention since he gets a significant jockey upgrade to Gary Stevens. Good luck!

Delmar

Pred...thank you for the $40 exacta! Nice Work.

Comment

Great job predator My brother ask for your picks every day!

Comment

Nice one!

Thanks, Predator!

Comment

good deal

glad to know that others read my post......delmar has been a very good track to us this year....

Comment

Hi!
            I just found this forum recently and have made money so far on your picks!
            Thanks a lot!

You are not wasting your time.... Keep 'em coming!

:D

Comment

Working...
            X