X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delmar

DEL MAR -- Race #8 -- MATT'S MEMO (#12)
    __________________________________________________ __________________

Today's final race is a $40,000 maiden claiming sprint for two year olds. This seven furlong event has a par level of 97. We won't have to worry about any of these colts running par today. Today's distance is simply too demanding for these young two year olds (especially in the maiden claiming ranks). Take a look at the seven furlong race where QUICK LAD (6-1) ran second. The WINNING figures were 89-88+ for the 96 level. This race looks just slightly stronger than that August 18th start.

As I tried to sort through this mess, only a few contenders made my final cut. I would only look at those colts capable of running a sub 24 second turn time. Based on that criteria alone, we're left with MONARCHIAN (7-2), QUICK LAD and MATT'S MEMO (6-1). I already mentioned how slow QUICK LAD's last race was on figures. A distant third place finish may be his best scenario. With the final two contenders, I decided to let odds and a "hunch" sway my decision.

I looked through today's entire report and decided to settle on the final horse in the final race. To honor my long time handicapping partner Matt, MATT'S MEMO will get the call as today's spot play. This colt had a very useful debut in a rather strong race for the level. The winning figures from August 12th were 102-98+ for the 96 level. MATT'S MEMO drew the eleven post for that 5 1/2 furlong race and had no other choice than to race five wide around the turn. His opening quarter of 23.5 was followed by a very solid 23.6 move around the turn. MATT'S MEMO earned figures of 94-88+ for his debut run. Any improvement at all could land MATT into the winning circle.

I will first place my straight wager on MATT'S MEMO. To add a bit more value to today's play, I will play MONARCHIAN as my key exacta mate. QUICK LAD and first time starter OVERTON CRUISER (9-2) round out the mix. Good luck Matt!

bingo

another winner......this one is a nice payout!!!!!!!!!!!

8th race - Del Mar - September 03, 2004

Off at: 7:06 Race Type: Maiden Claiming
    Age Restriction: Two Year Old
    Value of Race: $26,800
    Distance: Seven Furlongs
    Surface Type: Dirt Track Condition: Fast
    Winning Time: 1:24.14
    Pgm Horse Jockey Win Place Show
    12 Matt's Memo Jon Kenton Court 8.80 4.00 3.60
    10 Monarchian Martin A. Pedroza 3.40 3.00
    6 Overton Cruiser Corey S. Nakatani 5.20
    Also ran: 7 - Meeting Ended , 9 - J. J. Maroun , 8 - Quest for Nirvana , 2 - Scofield Honour , 1 - Flagship Mission , 5 - Gold Cuff Links , 3 - Mariachi , 11 - River Treasures , 4 - Quick Lad

Comment

Sweet! You forgot to list the payouts on the exotics!

$1 Exacta 12-10 13.40
      $2 Quinella 10-12 13.20
      $1 Trifecta 12-10-6 110.20

I won on the exacta, wish I had boxed all 4 for that Tri!

Oh well, a win is a win is a win!

WTG!

Comment

Predator

Came home after being gone a few days to find this pleasant surprise!!! Thanks for the winners!!!! hc

Comment

Working...
        X