X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Wednesday--Best Bets

YTD: -$91.50

Saratoga Race 2 Play #1-1A Entry of Made Man and Prime
    This play is only good if #1A Prime runs. Trainer Todd Pletcher has been cleaning up Saratoga's two year old maiden races and this one has three solid workouts and barn's go-to rider aboard. Meets a very soft field for Saratoga two year olds.

Saratoga Race 4 Play #6 Spring Stroll
    Pick is for TURF ONLY. Trainer Jonathon Sheppard won with a longshot Monday and is having a fine meet. This is a marathon 1 3/8 mile race for fillies and Sheppard's specialty is distance races. Horse makes third lifetime start after just missing at a shorter distance last out at Delaware. Two workouts since. Hot jockey.

Saratoga Race 8 Albany Stakes Play #8 Seven Come Eleven
    Wide open stakes level route for three year old New York breds has the smell of an upset. This horse just missed last out at Finger Lakes against similar competition in a $150,000 stakes in which several in here today ran poorly. Skipped the earlier New York-bred stakes at Saratoga and is primed for this one. Closer is only 1-for-7 lifetime but has shown ability. Gets stalking trip under Pat Day. Beware of another longshot, #7 Stevie Strosser who is my second choice in this race. Bombs away.

Arlington Race 3 Play #7 Wheaty
    Hot trainer uses obscure jockey in apparent attempt to boost horse's odds. Switches form open $30,000 claimer on grass to race at same claiming price but restricted to horses that have only won once. That's a big class drop. Others look better on paper but the trainer's hot and the price is right. Admittedly, this is a bit of a stab.

Arlington Race 6 Play #7 Smarty Me
    This one's not a stab at all. Three year old filly crushed field in career debut at Prairie Meadows before faltering last out at Arlington against an unusually tough field for this class level. Same level but much weaker field today. Three workouts since including fastest of 50 17 days ago. First time lasix to boot. While all of today's plays are rated the same, this one is the likeliest winner.

All plays rated at $10 to win and place.

recap

Just a mess. Prime was bet down to 2-5 (!) and finished second. Spring Strll closed late to finish third---which doesn't help me----and longshot Seven Come Eleven finished fourth, whcih again is worthless. Both Arlington picks sucked.
    Wagered: $100
    Cashed: $10.50 (good grief)

Loss: you do the math. it's too depressing for me.

Comment

Chin up gris :

ITs gonna happen , but to a capper like you " not often " !

Lotsa bad breaks went you way today and the ole Law-O-A`s caught up ..... thats all .

Lookin forward to much more of your stuff and I always gander atem

G.L. & B.D.`s Ahead

***MMM***
      " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

Working...
      X