Saturday's Best Bet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday's Best Bet

YTD: -$94.50 (based on $10 to win and place)

Only one play today that I like enough to recommend.

Arlington Race 7 Play #6 Intelligent Male
    Runs in a non-winners of three allowance race after winning the $145,000 Claiming Crown Jewel (the top race in the Claiming Crown) last out in a big upset. Trainer has since entered and scratched the horse twice looking for the right spot. Has won three in a row since switched to current trainer Wayne Catalano. Flexible running style allows him to be placed wherever he needs to be and that's likely to be close to the lead in this paceless race. Could get 2-1 or 5-2 a some may be unconvinced of his recent improvement and skeptical of his big win last out at 19-1.

Opinions only: Ghostzapper should easily win the Iselin Handicap at Monmouth but the likely tiny odds (may be as low as 2-5) prevent me from making him a best bet. Also, Society Selection is a possible upsetter in the Alabama at Saratoga but is not a best bet because, while she represents the best value in the race, I don't consider her the likeliest winner.

Recap!

Not only did my best bet win, but both of the horses I gave out as opinions won---Ghostzapper as the obvious 2-5 choice in the Iselin and Society Selection shocking Ashado in the Alabama at 6-1. As for my best bet, Intelligent Male won at Arlington at 5-2, paying $7.00 to win and $4.00 to place.

Wagered: $20 (based on $10 to win and place)
    Cashed: $55.00

Profit: +$35.00

YTD: -$59.50 as the recovery from the early August black hole continues.

Next report Sunday, including a likely very big play at Saratoga.

Comment

Gris

Nice job Gris!!!!!! hc

Comment

Working...
      X