delmar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delmar

little bit long winded but early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEL MAR -- Race #4 -- GLOW OF LOVE (#7)
    __________________________________________________ __________________

The 4th race is a maiden claiming $25,000 sprint for fillies and mares at 6-1/2 furlongs. Par is a 94. This race doesn't look like it has much early speed in it. GLOW OF LOVE looks like she could be tough on this group in the early and middle parts of the race which is usually all you need to discourage the others and get to the winner's circle. She'll be making her 3rd lifetime start and now it looks like she's all set to earn a new top figure. She raced once as a 2 year old last year and earned a 92-89 while fighting hard every step of the way to lose by less than 2 lengths. Following that she was off for a year until the opening week this meet and had the tough task of returning at the 7 furlong distance. She dueled early with a dropping filly who ran a big race but still outran all other speed and finished a clear 2nd while earning a 93-89. I liked the way she kept plugging even after the winner opened up and put her away. That was the same gritty quality she showed in her 2 year old race.

I like the way she has broken quickly from the gate in both of her starts and she should be right up on the pace again today. Trainer Craig Lewis does not have a great record at winning with comeback horses, so I've always preferred to play his horses the 2nd start off a layoff. GLOW OF LOVE is now making her 2nd start of the season and should be much sharper, especially since she gets to shorten up a bit to 6-1/2 furlongs. The 89 figure sounds low for this level but actually fits nicely with the others because she gets extra credit for a couple of things. First, the figure was at 7 furlongs and maiden claimers often run a few points slower at 7 furlongs then they do 6 or 6-1/2, especially maiden claimers with speed because they just get a little more tired at the slightly longer distance and they don't have the class to overcome that.

Also, when a horse loses to a runaway winner they often get a little depressed and don't show the figure that they would have earned if they were still in contention until the end of the race. In this case I do a little creative math. I look at the fact that she was only beaten about 5 lengths when they got to the 7 furlong stretch call, so I disregard the extra lengths she lost late in the race. If I subtract 5 beaten lengths from the final winning figure of 98+, I get a 93+ and bingo, that's a nice figure for this level. I believe GLOW OF LOVE has the ability to earn a pace and final figure in the low 90's today, and that will be hard to beat. She'll spurt up to the lead, put her ears back and fight hard down the stretch which will make it tough for one of the others to get by.

I really see GLOW OF LOVE easily taking down one of the top 2 spots in here. I recommend her as the spot play win bet and would key her to 3 others in a backup quinella (instead of a place bet). A GIRL NAMED PHIL (8-1) has a sneaky 96-91 from a race up North and is dropping to this level for the first time. She's a solid danger to GLOW OF LOVE. LUCID and DA SVEDONYA have multiple losses at this bottom level and are less of a win chance but consistently close in for the minor awards. Those seem like the best 3 to use with GLOW OF LOVE. Good luck.

pick 3

Luther looks like a good pace play in the speed-laden 3rd race. We'll key him on top of a Pick 3 that has two wide open Maiden races following it.
    3rd Race $2 Pick 3
    3rd - Luther
    4th - Table Of Contents, Silver Miracle, Glow Of Love, Da Svedonya
    5th - It's a Perfect Day, Vennys Public, Manothehour, Rubiano's Wish, Sharp Marc

Comment

Very Solid :

And I like it myself alot , I have say that I give a chance for Table of Contents to sneek in this one somewhere but your tops are solid as they come .

Longies in this appear to be Ursulita & Glitter Slinky

Best of Luck Today

***MMM***
      " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

best bet of day

7th race --3-leprechauan kid----wire to wire

Comment

Re: best bet of day

Originally posted by mary
          Cant bring myself to argue with that one , and bottom out Sarafan & Pellagrino with a longie Outta Here with it

G.L.

***MMM***
          " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

Re: best bet of day

Originally posted by mary

I'm in again pred.!

mary the 7th race @ Pinnacle has that horse #3 but post 2. The Horse choices are 1-6. Should i choose 2 or 3? Little confused here.

Comment

Working...
            X