2 Maiden Claiming $100,000; 5 1/2 Furlongs; 8 runners; purse $41000
    3 3 Oly's Oak Smith Gutierrez F 4
    8 8 Beau John Harrington F 4
    1 1 General Principle Nakatani Baffert - 7/2

3 Claiming $32,000; 1 Mile; fillies and mares; 8 runners; purse $39000
    5 5 Clickety Cat Baze Spawr R 5/2
    6 6 My Honey Bunny Espinoza Eurton E 9/2
    1 1 Vegas Folly Santiago Bacorn M 12

4 Optional Claiming $62,500; 6 Furlongs; fillies and mares; 8 runners; purse $59000
    4 4 Goldy Rock Baze O'neill F 3
    6 6 Sunshine Dreamer Smith Paasch M 10
    3 3 Lucky In Love Solis Headley E 5

5 Maiden Claiming $50,000; 6 Furlongs; 8 runners; purse $28000
    6 6 Coronado's Pride Nakatani Baffert F 2
    2 2 Smuggler's Run Flores Cerin E 3
    1 1 Pale One Pedroza Knapp F 4

6 Allowance; 7 Furlongs; fillies and mares; 8 runners; purse $65000
    4 4 Cyber Slew Nakatani O'neill M 4
    3 3 Pocketfullofpesos Baze Mitchell E 3
    2 2 Chapeau Espinoza McAnally M 6

7 California Thoroughbred Breeders' Association Stakes; 5 1/2 Furlongs; filles; 7 runners; purse $125000
    4 3 Western Blondy Court O'neill E 5
    2 1 Miss January Pedroza Ward F 4
    7 6 Sterling Cat Baze Bonde F 7/2

8 Claiming $50,000; 1 Mile; turf; 10 runners; purse $49000
    9 9 Expresso Bay Martinez O'neill F 5
    6 6 Cappucino Kid Baze Eurton E 6
    3 3 More Modern Ruis Becerra M 10
    " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

The Kings Look :

1st Serra Lee Trail, Aizarunner, Tellmeitsnotso
    2nd Oly's Oak, Beau, General Principle
    3rd Bella Nunzi, Golden K K, Clickety Cat
    4th Dirty Diana, Goldy Rock, The Dempsey Look
    5th Coronado's Pride, Smuggler's Run, Pale One
    6th Pocketfullofpesos, Chapeau, Cyber Slew
    7th Artabegood, Sterling Cat, Western Blondy
    8th More Modern, Expresso Bay, Cappucino Kid

Longshots

1st Joe On The Aisle
    2nd Hurricane Harry
    3rd Vegas Folly
    4th Sunshine Dreamer
    5th Dandy Dane
    6th Bartok's Blithe
    7th Swiss Please
    8th Imperial Measure

The Shadow Shots

1st Serra Lee Trail
    2nd Coastal Strike
    3rd My Honey Bunny
    4th Lucky In Love
    5th Future Grace
    6th Diamond Tiara
    7th Proposed
    8th Marine

No alterations today , I made my point ~

Comment

Iago on the go :

for Friday, July 23, 2004

Race 1)

JOE ON THE AISLE: Meadowbrook Farms has been breeding win-early types for years, and it appears as though either half of their entry in here could spring a mild surprise in the opener. Of the two, ‘JOE appears to have the slightly stronger work tab.
      AIZARUNNER: Decent 4th after breaking slowly from the inside last start. Should go better with this draw.
      SERRA LEE TRAIL: Looks to have the best early lick of those who have raced, and gets the hustling apprentice today.
      Race 2)

COASTAL STRIKE: I like this pedigree a lot. Everyone knows that Meadowlake is a solid win-early stallion, but Smart Strike is also quite good. Works are sharp, and beautifully spaced for the debut, and don’t underestimate the solid local move on July 17.
      OLY’S OAK: Debut run was promising, but the gap in workout activity from May 31 to July 13 is troubling.
      GENERAL PRINCIPLE: Baffert is in quest of an unprecedented 8th consecutive Del Mar training title; must assume that everything he sends out is well-meant.
      Race 3)

GOLDEN K K: Ran three super races here last year, including two wins, and Alex was aloft for both of those. Can history repeat? Let’s find out.
      CLICKETY CAT: Spawr has given this mare a little time to re-group after the claim. The works aren’t impressive, but she’s a late-running sort, and probably didn’t need any speed work. Hey, this guy hits over 30% first off the claim; far be it from me to second-guess his tactics.
      MY HONEY BUNNY: Her three most recent two-turn dirt tries vs. claimers are all excellent. If she can shake loose of stretch-out sprinter AMA RAY immediately to her outside, she may prove tough to overhaul.
      Race 4)

THE DEMPSEY LOOK: Has been grassing exclusively of late, but started her career with a couple of fine main track sprints. Draws perfectly in a field loaded with speed types, and should be mowing ‘em down late.
      MUIR BEACH: Another late-running sprinter who should benefit from the anticipated race shape here. Arizona-based owner Dennis Weir always has a few surprises in store for the locals during this meeting.
      DIRTY DIANA: Talented filly makes her 3YO debut here, and couldn’t possibly have picked a tougher spot. She’s stuck on the fence, and she’s speed facing a ton of other speed. She’ll have to be a real phenom to pass this test.
      Race 5)

SMUGGLER’S RUN: Improved a bunch in 2nd So. Cal. Start for V. Cerin, and wouldn’t need to improve much more to wire this group.
      CORONADO’S PRIDE: Takes the all-important drop from MSWs down to MCLs, and has run a couple of main track sprints that would make him a formidable foe in here.
      FUTURE GRACE: Homebred son of good win-early stallion Olympio makes his debut with some solid works showing on the tab.
      Race 6)

CYBER SLEW: Last time she was on the dirt, she was only beaten a couple of lengths by SUMMER WIND DANCER. That effort looks pretty good now, doesn’t it?
      WOODLASS: Been on the shelf for eight months since tremendous main track debut at Hollypark. Dollase the Younger is solid with comebackers, and this filly has already fired fresh on several occasions.
      FESTIVAL: I wouldn’t bet on her with your money, but I just had to say something about a mare who was sent off at 515-1 in a Grade I sprint in Japan.
      Race 7)

STERLING CAT: Breezed to victory as the 7-5 favorite in Pleasanton debut, and stopped the clock in a flashy :56.3. Pricey Event of the Year filly has every right to improve in her second start, and “Russell the Muscle” comes down for the return engagement.
      PROPOSED: It’s not as though Julio couldn’t have found a Cal-bred MSW field for this one’s debut. This is a full sister to the very talented SILENT SIGHS, and might be this good at first asking.
      KELLY’S PRINCESS: Whose the baddest Baze in the business, Tyler or Russell?
      Race 8)

DOMINGO JUAN: Came with a bust-out effort when returned to the grass in his second start off the Mullins claim. That effort was validated when ULTERIOR MOTIVES returned to beat $40K claimers next out in 1:35 flat. Repeat within reach.
      EXPRESSO BAY: If stretch-out sprinter MAGIC HORN doesn’t keep him honest early, he could be long gone. His win over DELL PLACE last August here at Del Mar was as game an effort as you’re ever likely to see.
      CAPPUCINO KID: Fires nearly every time out, and drops a notch in his second start off a four-month freshening.

GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Re: The Kings Look :

1st [ 4th- Serra Lee Trail, [ 1st- Aizarunner @ 8.80, [ 3rd- Tellmeitsnotso
        2nd [ 3rd- Oly's Oak, [ 2nd- Beau, [ 4th- General Principle
        3rd [ 4th- Bella Nunzi, [ 8th- Golden K K, [ 3rd- Clickety Cat
        4th [ 7th- Dirty Diana, [ 8th- Goldy Rock, [ 5th- The Dempsey Look
        5th [ 1st- Coronado's Pride, [ 7th- Smuggler's Run, [ 4th- Pale One
        6th [ 5th- Pocketfullofpesos, [ 3rd- Chapeau, [ 1st- Cyber Slew
        7th [ 7th- Artabegood, [ 1st- Sterling Cat, [ 4th- Western Blondy
        8th More Modern, Expresso Bay, Cappucino Kid

Longshots

1st Joe On The Aisle 6th
        2nd Hurricane Harry [Scratch
        3rd Vegas Folly 6th
        4th Sunshine Dreamer 6th
        5th Dandy Dane 5th
        6th Bartok's Blithe 2nd
        7th Swiss Please 5th
        8th Imperial Measure

The Shadow Shots

1st Serra Lee Trail 4th
        2nd Coastal Strike 1st @ 5.60
        3rd My Honey Bunny 2nd @ 5.80
        4th Lucky In Love 3rd
        5th Future Grace 6th
        6th Diamond Tiara 7th
        7th Proposed 3rd
        8th Marine

No alterations today , I made my point ~

R1- 634
        R2- 4831
        R3- 865
        R4- 8235
        R5- 6751
        R6- 4821
        R7- 725
        R8- 768
        Last edited by MemphisMafia; 07-23-2004, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X