hollywood 7-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hollywood 7-5

HOLLYWOOD PARK -- Race #4 -- SPENCER'S MAGIC (#4)
    __________________________________________________ __________________

Today's 4th race is a turf sprint for three year olds and upward. This allowance N1x level has a par of 105. Recent maiden winner SPENCER'S MAGIC (4-1) looks like the horse to beat based on the figures from our report. This three year old son of Unusual Heat earned winning figures of 98-104+ at the 102 maiden level. Today's jump to the 105 level seems well within his reach.

SPENCER'S MAGIC covered this turf course very well with an impressive late turn of foot. SPENCER'S half sister The Usual cleared her N1x conditions yesterday with a very professional victory over this same course. I have been very impressed with how well the Unusual Heat babies have been taking to the turf. SPENCER'S MAGIC could only run dirt figures of 90-90+ from last year. He looked like a completely different horse as he ran down Pittsburgh City (next out winner) in his most recent start. Trainer Barry Abrams has given SPENCER'S MAGIC three more drills since that maiden score which makes me feel confident that another strong effort is coming.

I think that the horse I will be trying to run down late could be PRAGMATICO (3-1) as he comes off figures of 107-101+ at this same level. This horse has the best pace figure and may improve a bit since that race was his first in about five months. I will play SPENCER'S MAGIC straight and use PRAGMATICO as my saver quinella mate. Good luck!
Working...
X