Belmont Day picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belmont Day picks

All picks will be rated at $10 to win and place.
    YTD: +$166.50

Belmont Park Race 8 Gr. II Just A Game Hcp. Play #1-1A Entry Intercontinental/Etoile Montante
    This selection is good even if one of the two horses scratch as they are my top selections in the race. Intercontinental is 2-for-2 in the U.S. after a solid season last year in France as a three year old. She exits a win in a Grade 3 stakesat Keeneland and keeps top jockey Jerry Bailey for trainer Bobby Frankel. The other horse just missed in a Grade 3 at Churchill Downs, is also trained by Frankel and will be ridden by Alex Solis. The one-mile distance is perfect for both and both have excellent post positions. Short price but should be easy win.

Belmont Park Race 10 Gr. I Manhattan Hcp. Play #10 Kicken Kris
    Race precedes Belmont Stakes. This is a classic American turf race at 1 1/4 miles. My pick was a top three year old last year and is making the third start of his four year old campaign. Is out of distance sire Kris S. and should have no trouble at the distance. May get 6-1.

Belmont Park Race 11 Gr. I Belmont Stakes Play #5 Rock Hard Ten
    Smarty Jones will be overbet to insane proportions. Smarty may well win the race but 1-5 or 2-5 on a vulnerable horse is preposterous. Smarty is being asked to run beyond his pedigree limitations and will be forced to try to go wire to wire, something that is rarely done in this race. Rock Hard Ten, on the other hand, should improve big off his Preakness effort which was the first off a six week layoff. Unlike Smarty, Rock---out of distance sire Kris S.---is bred to run forever. Rider Alex Solis won 03 Breeders Cup Classic and this year's Dubai World Cup and is used to pressure as opposed to Stewart Elliott who is way over due for a screw-up. Rock in an upset.

Arlington Park Race 1 Play #2 Forafewdollarsmore
    From the Triple Crown to miserable $5,000 claimers. This one drops down in class for the fifth consecutive race and finally finds a field he can beat. His trainer entered another horse (uncoupled) in order to make sure the six horse field race was a go. Hot apprentice jock rides.

Arlington Park Race 4 Play #2 Bold Passgae
    Field of two year old maidens, all but one of which is making its career debut. Taking a flyer here on a horse shipping in from Cincinnati's River Downs. An Ohio-bred who could have raced at home against lesser comes to Arlington for a shot at a bigger purse for a quality trainer. Bred unusually well for an Ohio-bred out of hot young sire Stormy Atlantic.

All plays rated at $10 to win and place. Criteria is best value for likely winners.

Belmont Stakes predicted order of finish
    1. Rock Hard Ten
    2. Smarty Jones
    3. Eddington
    4. Birdstone

And I wouldn't mind being wrong about Smarty. He's a great horse and if he wins he'll be deserving.
    Last edited by griswold; 06-05-2004, 01:07 AM.

6/5 Belmont R11 - kudos

Gris - Thanks for the help on Belmont... sorry to hear that you didn't take your own GOOD advice . After reading your post I decided that I had better have Birdstone some where in the mix ...couldn't really figure out where to use him , so we just ran him by himself for W/P/S . Some times you just get lucky thank you , thank you !
    Your 2/0 for me... keep up the good 'cappin'!

Dawgbert

Comment

Working...
    X