*** Derby Ticket ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** Derby Ticket ***

I am subject to change this as the days go by , but for now it looks like I will play these numbers for the 130th run for the roses.

Exacta : $2 - #18 #15 #3 Over #11 #14 #10 #16 #8

Cost = $42.00$

Trifecta : $2 - 18/15/3 Over 11/14/10/16/8 Over 11/14/10/16/8

Cost = $252.00$

Superfecta : $2 - 18/15/3 Over 11/14/10/16/8 Over 11/14/10/16/8 Over 11/14/10/16/8

Cost = $1,260.00$

Total Out-lay = $1554.00$

#18 : Tapit @ 8:1
    #15 : Smarty Jones @ 9:2
    # 3 : Lion Heart @ 10:1
    #11 : Cliffs Edge @ 4:1
    #14 : Read the Footnotes @ 12:1
    #10 : Imperialism @ 15:1
    #16 : Castledale @ 15:1
    #8 : Master David @ 12:1

G.L.

***MMM***

" The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

MM,

I agree with your selections however I might add Borrego to the mix. Even though his closing style goes against the Churchill track bias, I believe with all the heat up front, the race may set up for a closer.

GL

Comment

MMM

Lady m, sorry to hear about your hand. Hope it's doing better now. Let me aska stupid question to see if I've learned anything from follwing this thread. Are you saying that either 8-15 or 3 will win the race. They will either win or come in 5th or later. Also the 11-14-10-16-8 will not win but come in 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Are the above bets to be boxed? Please help me out. It's a lot of $$ for me for a horse race but don't mind doing it as long as I know what I'm doing and what horses to root for. :confused:

Comment

?????? Please look at my previous post and let me know how to place those bets.

Comment

Cabomike :

As it draws nearer to race time , and Wimbelton ( #5 ) was scratched I have to rethink this race . It seems to me that Lion Heart # 3 might benifit from this and get the rail and maybe a clean run .

I will be back later to set it in stone , with a better detail on what I am doing and how

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:

ps - thanks for the well wishes also , it was nice of you !

Comment

Originally posted by bobt
            MM,

I agree with your selections however I might add Borrego to the mix. Even though his closing style goes against the Churchill track bias, I believe with all the heat up front, the race may set up for a closer.

GL
            Point Well Taken :

And I am in agreement , thanks

G.L.

***MMM***

Comment

Thanks lady M. All your hard work is much appreciated. Hope to make some nice $$$ tomorrow. Im going to play exactly what you do so pretty please bear in mind my ignorance on the subject when posting your plays. Act like i'm just your student. Thanks in advance.
              Actually, I am your student. I'm learning.

Comment

play the pa. horse

SMARTY almost lost his brain,but even in the rain he will win the derby by 6 lenghts,peace and out biaggio

Comment

Last Post :

From home as I will be heading to the airport in a short - short .

I like the comfort of having my computers and all the info they contain , but after talking to Gary a hour ago its going to be a rough day weather wise tomorrow and throw in the two scratches (which will shift all the horses inside , out one box) so in essence the 1 & 2 posts will be empty . Loading will take place in pairs ( 1 & 11 ) ( 2 & 12 ) ( 3 & 13 ) and so on . That leaves me to wonder about Cliffs Edge #11 being in the box so long before the break . Of the 18 horses left I see only 8 that in my opinion have a legitmate shot at it .

And the Derby favors the outs for several reasons ( 5 of the last 9 & 4 of the last 5 ) came from there and couple that with the heavy bottom leg ( closers ) saddled up out there I am left with the following ponies to figure out .

In no particular order I see these :

#18 Tapit
                  #15 Smarty Jones
                  #12 Borrego
                  #11 Cliffs Edge
                  #10 Imperialism
                  #3 Lion Heart ( my lone insider )
                  #8 Master David
                  #16 Castledale

I will log-on tomorrow from Mint Julip land and expose my selections and thier order on my tickets .

G.L.

***MMM***

ps - a $2 to win ticket on Birdstone because Edgar Prado`s riding him and his odds . Sidenote : Prado ran six races at the Oaks (Churchill Downs) today ...... Results = 2 - 1st , 2nd , 3rd , 4th
                  Last edited by MemphisMafia; 04-30-2004, 06:46 PM.

Comment

MMM

Have a safe trip and see you when you get back
                    1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Love Ya :

And I hope we knockem dead tonite :D

G.L.

***MMM***

Comment

Any further insight??

Comment

Welcome MMM

MMM,

Welcome to Louisville and I hope you enjoy your stay (hopefully the rain can hold off) but more importantly cash in lots and lots of winning tickets today.

Comment

This is what I was looking for.

Comment

M/M

U out there? Have a Mint for me. GL hc

Comment

Working...
                              X