Derby action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derby action

I know nothing about capping horses, but one of my friends does and here is his thoughts for what it is worth....

Well, it is time to let it fly:

The odds have changed substantially and it is not to my liking not some of my other wagers. But we take what we can get so;

1. $1 Exacta Box - Average payout over 25 years $410 - Either horse can finish 1st or 2nd

4/5/6/8/9/15/18 - $42

2. $1 Exacta Box

2/8/9/10/16/18/19 - $42

3. 50 Cent Trifecta - Average Payout since 1995 - $3,200. 7 straight Trifectas have paid out over $600.

2/4/6/8/18 - $30

4. 50 Cent Trifecta

3/8/10/18/19 - $30

Total - $144
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

About 20,000 colts are born each year and only 20 get to run in the race - the cream of the crop. This year there are 2 big favorites - American Pharoah (#18) and Dortmond (#8) - they are stable mates. American Pharoah is supposed to be the next super horse - he does glide when he runs. He loves the ladies (filies). Dortmond is the bruiser - he is huge as he takes after his dad Big Brown. He is the boss.

And then there is the rest of the field such as; Carpe Diem - Firing Line - International Star - etc. None of these horses wlll end up at McDonalds.

This race is like no other because there are so many horses running (19 this year) and the odds are such that there is a possibility for a big hit. A bettor has to make a decision - to include to the favorites or take a flyer. As of now if Pharoah wins the payouts will be Ok but not sizable - Dortmand has some better odds (9-2).
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

Working...
    X