• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeders Cup Help - Moon, Inside, Weazel, Others

I rarely bet at SA.

Can someone provide me some of their thoughts on:

1) Track Biases
    2) The Poly Capping (translations from Grass to Poly success, closer favored?)
    3) The Turf (firmness, cut, etc.)
    4) Other thoughts

I ask because I like some bombs here and some are international shippers, others are grass to poly, others are pure E speed. Want to know some of the above before betting.

Thanks to anyone
    2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Sorry, meant Chung, not Moon. Also Longnex anything?
    2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Bill, I havent looked at SA at all. Here is a link to track bias. Hope it helps

Santa Anita - Handicappers' Edge

GL
      He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

I havent looked yet at any of it. I do know my cousin has a horse in a 2 million dollar race there on friday. I will probably look tomorrow.

Comment

Turf usually runs firm because it's dry and doesn't rain. I find closer do well.

I am very big on the turf to synth angle (That's why Gio Ponti is gonna be my #1 pick in the classic.
          Good Luck to everyone
          Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
          Clark: What's steroids?
          Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
          Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Originally posted by meaiken View Post
            Turf usually runs firm because it's dry and doesn't rain. I find closer do well.

I am very big on the turf to synth angle (That's why Gio Ponti is gonna be my #1 pick in the classic.

That is one I was really looking at as well!
            2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Closers definitely have an advantage unless a horse gets out on the lead alone. I know this is normal, but it seems especially the case there. This polytrack doesn't play quite as much like turf as others. Sometimes I lump truf and poly into the same when looking at the PPs, but here I keep everything in 3 categories. Obviously it's more like turf than dirt, but it's not as much as other places. If anyone is interested I'll post the Santa Anita programs for Friday and Saturday later tonight. Just let me know and I will.
              O..H.........I..O!

2010 NCAA Football: 4-3-1

2010 NFL: 0-0

2009-2010 NCAA Basketball: 30-23-1

Comment

Originally posted by ULikeApples View Post
                Closers definitely have an advantage unless a horse gets out on the lead alone. I know this is normal, but it seems especially the case there. This polytrack doesn't play quite as much like turf as others. Sometimes I lump truf and poly into the same when looking at the PPs, but here I keep everything in 3 categories. Obviously it's more like turf than dirt, but it's not as much as other places. If anyone is interested I'll post the Santa Anita programs for Friday and Saturday later tonight. Just let me know and I will.
                Im interested.

Thanks

Comment

like most poly,need something that can sit about midpack then close well,blazing speed usually only works on something that sits way over the field // on the turf-really plays fair,its a hard sandy turf similar to gulfstream,like meaik,i like closers on the turf,but front speed can hold here,especially,lone-front speed !!
                  DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

bill,go with your gut,its bomb city and these type races are all about getting lucky-one megablaster exacta can pay a dime easy !!
                    DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

In watching Santa Anita's main track (synthetic), I've learned to just pretend it's a turf course. Grass horses thrive on it and speed gets killed in sprints. For some reason, speed is OK in routes.

One other point: the stretch run is rather short at Santa Anita and deep closers can be compromised unless they start their move on the turn. Many of the closers get hung way wide and lose a lot of ground (particularly any ridden by Solis).

I'm going agaiznt Zensational in the Sprint specifically because of the track bias even though he is an incredibly fast horse.

Comment

bill playing these 20 across // yep,i have already capped a few for tomorrow-like quiet meadow-9th // sara louise-7th // connie and micheal-5th // pyre clan-6th // ps-hoping pure clan's race out here last year was a fluke-he sure ran bad on this track-should help with the odds though !!

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                          In watching Santa Anita's main track (synthetic), I've learned to just pretend it's a turf course. Grass horses thrive on it and speed gets killed in sprints. For some reason, speed is OK in routes.

One other point: the stretch run is rather short at Santa Anita and deep closers can be compromised unless they start their move on the turn. Many of the closers get hung way wide and lose a lot of ground (particularly any ridden by Solis).

I'm going agaiznt Zensational in the Sprint specifically because of the track bias even though he is an incredibly fast horse.
                          i think the sprint is one of 2 chalky races (the other is the F&M Sprint)

Zensational gets the lead and either holds or gets caught by gayego.
                          Good Luck to everyone
                          Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
                          Clark: What's steroids?
                          Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
                          Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Working...
                          X