Sea The Stars Retired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea The Stars Retired

Sea The Stars would have been even money in the Breeders Cup Classic but they decided Tuesday to retire him unbeaten after his win in the Arc. This makes the Classic wide open with no great American horses.

I like Rip Van Winkle and Gitano Hernando (the European that won the Goodwood Saturday).

i say it's gonna be hard to beat summer bird.

I still don't tjink mind that bird will win another stakes race.
    Good Luck to everyone
    Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
    Clark: What's steroids?
    Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
    Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Originally posted by meaiken View Post
      i say it's gonna be hard to beat summer bird.

I still don't tjink mind that bird will win another stakes race.
      Meaiken

The American horses were embarrassed again today in the Woodbine races. The Santa Anita pro-ride course is playing like a turf course and the European grass horses tower over our horses.
      Does anyone seriously think Zenyatta would be anymore than a Group 2 horse in Europe? Sea The Stars is six lengths better than Rachel Alexandra and Rip Van Winkle is only three lengths worse than Sea The Stars.

I do agree with you that Summer Bird is the best American but find it hard to belive any American horse will crack the top three in the Classic. the results in the grass races will be even worse for U.S. horses.

The fact that an ordinary horse like Presious Passion keeps winning turf races here is an indication of how badly American horses have deterioriated versus the rest of the world. Presious Passion would be lucky to win an allowance race in France or England. Our horses are bred for speed only and the Santa Aniota course punishes speed and rewards stamina.

Comment

Working...
      X