Rival Owner Will Make Sure Superstar Filly Is Kept Out Of Preakness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rival Owner Will Make Sure Superstar Filly Is Kept Out Of Preakness

Rachel Alexandra, the superstar filly, who would be the heavy betting favorite if she runs in Saturday's Preakness, likely will be blocked from running because of the tactics of the owner of the Kentucky Derby second place finisher, Pioneerof the Nile.

Ahmed Zayat, owner of Pioneerof the Nile, says he will enter as many horses as it takes to prevent Rachel Alexandra from cracking the field of 14.

Under Preakness rules, any nominated horse gets preference over one who wasn't nominated. Rachel Alexandra's previous owner, who doesn't believe fillies should run against males, never nominated her. She would have to be supplemented. So, if 14 other horses are entered, no matter how bad they are, Rachel Alexandra won't be able to run.

With her out, Zayat's horse, Pioneerof the Nile, will probably be favored to win the Preakness with Derby winner Mine That Bird a likely second choice.

Look for overwhelming industry pressure on Zayat to get him to back down.

Rachel Alexandra is being called the best filly since Ruffian and her appearance in the Preakness, combined with the hype over Mine That Bird's huge Derby upset, will create more interest than the Preakness has seen in years.

Zayat will no doubt say it's his jobn to try to win the Preakness, not pump the race up.

People wonder horse racing has hit rock bottom. Greed and cheaters.
    MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

Comment

Cheaters I agree with. Slime trainers like Dutrow and Mullins.

But this one is a hard call. If you had the likely favorite in a classic race, wouldn't you try to keep out the horse who would probably beat you. The reason they seek nominations is to fund the Triple Crown races. The fact is the previous owner didn't nominate the horse.

On the other hand, it will be a GREAT RACE if Rachel Alexandra and Mine That Bird both run. I hope Zayat backs down

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
        if you had the likely favorite in a classic race, wouldn't you try to keep out the horse who would probably beat you.
        no

Comment

guys,another blotch on horse racing and people wonder why this sport keeps declining-TOO FUCKING MUCH !!
          DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

GUYS IF RACHEL IS SHUT OUT,i will go to the track for the preakness,belmont,travers,and breeders cup,other than that i will give all my action to locals,and i usually go to the track at least a 100x a year !! ps-and for you idiots who keep screwing up racing,locals do not turn their bets in to the OTBS-GET A FUCKING LIFE !!

Comment

Originally posted by WayneChung View Post
              GUYS IF RACHEL IS SHUT OUT,i will go to the track for the preakness,belmont,travers,and breeders cup,other than that i will give all my action to locals,and i usually go to the track at least a 100x a year !! ps-and for you idiots who keep screwing up racing,locals do not turn their bets in to the OTBS-GET A FUCKING LIFE !!
              fuck all you greedy ass owners,what about for once in your life doing something for the good of horse-racing,in this economy it will not take a lot to really hurt your industry,i guess you retards have noticed that gambling has not exactly been booming in this recession-IDIOTS !! !!

Comment

fuck all you greedy ass owners,what about for once in your life doing something for the good of horse-racing,in this economy it will not take a lot to really hurt your industry,i guess you retards have noticed that gambling has not exactly been booming in this recession-IDIOTS !! !!
                AND BY THE WAY,DID I MENTION,"I AM HIGHLY SKILLED WITH THE BOWSTAFF","you wanna play me" ????

Comment

Boston!!!!!
                  "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Did Mine That Bird run a special Derby time?

He was burning fast.

Comment

Looks like she'll run

Massive backlash all day has paid off!

Owners of Mine That Bird and Pioneerof the Nile back down on plot to keep Rachel out:

[url=http://www.drf.com/news/

Comment

Originally posted by weazel079 View Post
                        People wonder horse racing has hit rock bottom. Greed and cheaters.
                        You hit the greed bonanza weazel.

A 3 year old wins a graded stakes race and all of a sudden he is sold to the highest bidder of rich fucks who want to say they owned a horse who ran in the Triple Crown. If the horse hits the board or even wins, its out to stud to the highest bidder. Its all about breeding a horse than it is about racing anymore. Look at The Green Monkey. These assholes paid 16 million because he ran a blazing 1/8 of a mile. How did that turn out for them?? I think he is in Alpo cans right now.

Many tracks look like shit. Nobody is going except on special days. I wouldnt be surprised if you went to some tracks and there were just bones in some seats from guys who were back there in the 50's & 60's.

You have these enormous takeouts that reduces payouts to the bettors. Instead of lowering the takeouts to get bettors to their tracks, they jack them up because they are greedy and many players have walked away.

How about the qulaity of horse racing?? IMO, it sucks. Years ago, there wouldnt be less than 10-12 horses racing in a race at Belmont. Now, you're lucky to get 5 horses in a field. Week after week, its the same 5 horses running against each other. Tracks are running $2000 claiming races with horses that are 10-12 years old. So old that you can see dust come off of them as they run out of the starting gate.

These are just my opinions:

Look at many of the Maiden Races. Fucking horses are 0 for 20 lifetime - 0 for 12 lifetime!! If a horse cant win by the 5th race, they shouldnt run anymore, period.

2 year olds SHOULD NOT be able to race

The Triple Crown should ONLY BE RUN by horses THAT ARE ACTUALLY 3 years old

The Triple Crown should be spaced out more through the months to give the horses ample time to recover

If you didnt own and race the horse before the Triple Crown started, you CANNOT enter said horse into any Triple Crown race

All races shall be run WITHOUT Steriods and WITHOUT whips
                        He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
                          Boston!!!!!
                          mk,did the decision come out of boston ?? i am lost ??

Comment

mk,did the decision come out of boston ?? i am lost ??
                            Had a big play on the Red Sox last night and I thought I was in the "in-game thread." Turned out I was in this thread, just an honest mistake.

On a relative note, LET HER RUN!!!!!!
                            "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
                              Had a big play on the Red Sox last night and I thought I was in the "in-game thread." Turned out I was in this thread, just an honest mistake.

On a relative note, LET HER RUN!!!!!!
                              i have done the same thing,the other day i thought i was at a service play forum and posted some plays from shawmi i bought,i was in bc,had to gto back erase the whole thgread-LOL !!

Comment

Working...
                              X