Saturday 8/23 Spot Plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 8/23 Spot Plays

YTD: +$145.50 (based on $50-100 per play)

Saratoga Race 6 Play #2 Hammock
    Bet $25 to win and place
    This is a 1X turfer and my horse, a three time winner dropping out of a stakes is eligible because his state-bred wins don't count. He's a stalker who will get a good pace to run at and is likely to be somewhat overlooked in the wagering in this big field.

Saratoga Race 7 Play #5 Baron Von Tap
    Bet $50 to win and place
    This horse loves Saratoga and blew up the board at big odds two years ago. To get in this race, his trainer is exposing him to an optional claiming tag of $50,000. This allows him to meet a bunch of 2X allowance horses, a condition he long ago cleared. His last race, a stakes at Monmouth three weeks ago, was clearly a prep for this. Even better: blinkers on. This horse has been running in only stakes races for ages and makes a huge class drop to get the win at a track he thrives at. Why expose him to the tag? They want to get a win and the purse is a whopping 80,000.

Monmouth Race 8 Play #4 Afleet Bob
    Bet $35 to win and place
    This horse should have cleared this 2X condition last out but got an awful trip (if you have access to calracing's website you ought to watch it; it's unbelievable). He should win easily today. Anything over even money is a gift.

Opinion only:
    In the Travers, I can't narrow it down to one horse. I'll be using #1 Tale of Ekati, #6 Cool Coal Man and #9 mambo In Seattle (all longshots) in attempt to get a big exacta and trifecta
    Last edited by griswold; 08-23-2008, 02:02 AM.

gris good luck!!

May all your photo finishes be winning ones!
    1*=$50

Crusader MM starting qb at Oregon

Comment

Adding

Upon further reflection, I'm mkaing a play on the Travers

Saratoga Race 11 Travers Play #1 Tale of Ekati
      Bet $15 to win and place
      His speed figures aren't great, but nobody else's in this field are either. The horse made a move before fading in the Jim Dandy and should be tigher. Remember, he beat 16 horses in the Derby. The price will be right.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold
        Upon further reflection, I'm mkaing a play on the Travers

Saratoga Race 11 Travers Play #1 Tale of Ekati
        Bet $15 to win and place
        His speed figures aren't great, but nobody else's in this field are either. The horse made a move before fading in the Jim Dandy and should be tigher. Remember, he beat 16 horses in the Derby. The price will be right.
        Absolutely agreee. Good Luck
        2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Bet $25 to win and place
          This is a 1X turfer and my horse, a three time winner dropping out of a stakes is eligible because his state-bred wins don't count. He's a stalker who will get a good pace to run at and is likely to be somewhat overlooked in the wagering in this big field.

Bet $50 to win and place
          This horse loves Saratoga and blew up the board at big odds two years ago. To get in this race, his trainer is exposing him to an optional claiming tag of $50,000. This allows him to meet a bunch of 2X allowance horses, a condition he long ago cleared. His last race, a stakes at Monmouth three weeks ago, was clearly a prep for this. Even better: blinkers on. This horse has been running in only stakes races for ages and makes a huge class drop to get the win at a track he thrives at. Why expose him to the tag? They want to get a win and the purse is a whopping 80,000.

Bet $35 to win and place
          This horse should have cleared this 2X condition last out but got an awful trip (if you have access to calracing's website you ought to watch it; it's unbelievable). He should win easily today. Anything over even money is a gift.

Opinion only:
          In the Travers, I can't narrow it down to one horse. I'll be using #1 Tale of Ekati, #6 Cool Coal Man and #9 mambo In Seattle (all longshots) in attempt to get a big exacta and trifecta

He can't get claimed, there's no tagg on him. It's an optional claim, so even if there was a tag as long as he wins he won't get claimed. I love thease races. They are usually like a stakes race at the claiming level. Trainers use thease races as a prep for better things and to try some new things (like blinkers) just hope you cn get close to that price.
          Good Luck to everyone
          Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
          Clark: What's steroids?
          Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
          Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

good luck gris!
            Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Bet $25 to win and place

Bet $50 to win and place

Bet $35 to win and place

Opinion only:
              jockey shaun rode baron von tapp terrible gris,put him on 5 furlong sprint fractions !! he is a terrible turf jockey IMO !!
              DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Originally posted by WayneChung
                jockey shaun rode baron von tapp terrible gris,put him on 5 furlong sprint fractions !! he is a terrible turf jockey IMO !!
                appreciate the picks my friend,we will get them next week !!

Comment

gris,didn't know if you saw it,wildbill caught "quiet mover" at toga in race#2 yesterday,double was huge,horse paid 55.00 bucks !!

Comment

gris,didn't know if you saw it,wildbill caught "quiet mover" at toga in race#2 yesterday,double was huge,horse paid 55.00 bucks !!
                    wish i had looked over his post,at those odds would have had to take a small shot !!

Comment

Chung

Stop drawing attention to this thread filled with total losing picks.

Meaiken,
                      Baron Von Tap was running for a tag. As WC pointed out, he was given an astonishingly awful ride, putting up suicide fractions.
                      I am still very pissed about the ride.

Comment

Chung

Meaiken,
                        Baron Von Tap was running for a tag. As WC pointed out, he was given an astonishingly awful ride, putting up suicide fractions.

I saw that when I was at the OTB before th race

That race was fucked anyway. I had the #13 in a pick 3 that ended in that race and my 20-1 gets beat by an 85-1 (who i should have had b/c I always play AE's on my tickets no matter odds, I thought the 14 was a scratch).
                        1.5 million dollar super. 10 cent super paid $76,000.00

I didn't even see that race I left the OTB with 10 mins to post and got home 5 mins after. My wife was giving me the play by play over the phone.
                        Last edited by meaiken; 08-25-2008, 06:21 PM.
                        Good Luck to everyone
                        Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
                        Clark: What's steroids?
                        Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
                        Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Chung

Meaiken,
                          SORRY GRIS,I THINK YOU ARE A GREAT CAPPER AND I AM SURE THE OTHER GUYS DO ALSO,WAS NOT TRYING TO PUT ANY HEAT ON YOU-APPRECIATE VERY MUCH WHAT YOU DO FOR US-JUST THOUGHT YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED TO SEE "QUIET MOVER" FINALLY SCORED BIG-LATER BROTHER !!

Comment

SORRY GRIS,I THINK YOU ARE A GREAT CAPPER AND I AM SURE THE OTHER GUYS DO ALSO,WAS NOT TRYING TO PUT ANY HEAT ON YOU-APPRECIATE VERY MUCH WHAT YOU DO FOR US-JUST THOUGHT YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED TO SEE "QUIET MOVER" FINALLY SCORED BIG-LATER BROTHER !!
                            thats from the heart gris,i am not pissing in your pocket and telling you its raining, i value your capping,feel really good when your on the same side i like !! !!

Comment

Working...
                            X