The Plight Of Big Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Plight Of Big Brown

What will the connections do here? If they run the horse, and he breaks down. It will be much more than a black eye for the sport. Especially with the recent breakdowns of barbaro in the preakness and eight belles in this years derby.The vets looked him over carefully on memorial day and deemed him fit to return to training.Theres already a lot of controversey around the trainer dutrow,due to his admittance that the horse gets winstrol, a steroid made for horses every month.Un fortunately the average horse fan doesnt realize that theres a lot worse these horses put up with. The fact reamains it is legal in most states to inject steroids into these animals.I sure would like to know when i plunk my cash down which ones get a regular shot and which ones dont.Dutrow the trainer of Big brown has faced a troubled life,having had drug problems and also sleeping in the stalls,having been homeless for awhile.I just hope that his arrogance doesnt get in the way of his morals, if this horse has any chance of breaking down,he should not run in the belmont stakes.The fact that there has not been a triple crown winner in 30 years should have no bearing on the decision. Especially since his breeding rights are already worth millions.Mr dutrow must do whats best for the horse and the game while factoring in his decision.Remember this is the bemont stakes everyone will be watching. golden contender-

Are you PETA or a handicapper?

Comment

lmfoa

Comment

no im not PETA but that is funny. kb its just my 2 cents on the matter. i have no problems with those who disagree. i just think knowing how arrogant and cocky dutrow is,that it would take enourmous pressure for the connections to not run. bol gc-

Comment

Running the horse is best for the game.

The sport needs a triple crown winner.

If big brown sits out then it would damper the belmont stakes. However, If he does get hurt that would damper the sport as well.

I think Kent Desormouex is a well trainged rider and would pull up big brown if he feels something wrong.

Prado did that would barbaro. Had a younger jockey been on him, it could have been worst and death could have been sooner.

I also feel that Barbaro should have been scatch before the race. My buddy disagrees with me. Any other race the horse is scratched when he/she breaks throught the gate early the way barbaro did.

Bottom Line: Big Brown should run.
          Good Luck to everyone
          Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
          Clark: What's steroids?
          Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
          Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Working...
          X