Saturday 7/14 spot plays plus huge play for Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 7/14 spot plays plus huge play for Sunday

YTD: -$25 (based on a rating of $10 to win and place on all selections)
    38 plays
    16 winners
    5 seconds
    2 thirds
    15 off board

I went one-for-two last Saturday (plus a scratch).

Play both Saturday plays at equal amounts to win and place and play Sunday's play at three times the size of the other two (again to both win and place).

SATURDAY:
    Delaware Park Race 8 Gr.II Delaware Oaks Play #8 Tough Tiz's Sis
    Trainer Bob Baffert has been ice cold on the Hollywood Park cushion track but this horse romped over that surface in winning the Hollywood Oaks. In a sign of real confidence, Baffert ships this horse across the country to go for the big money in a race that came up rather soft. The horse has decent tactical speed and that'll help because there is very little pace here. Garrett Gomez in from New York to ride.

Monmouth Park Race 9 Long Branch Stakes Play #6 First Defence
    I posted this horse seven weeks ago when he made his first three year old start and romped in a Belmont allowance. I posted him July 4 only to see him scratch out of the Tom Fool at Belmont. I'm posting him again today. Trainer Frankel skipped the Tom Fool for this easier spot as he prepares this horse for the Haskell in four weeks. There'll be a short price but this horse is the real deal as I expect him to beat Curlin in the Haskell and maybe beat Street Sense in the Travers. If I'm right, he shouldn't have any trouble with this mediocre field.

MAJOR PLAY FOR SUNDAY:
    Delaware Park Race 11 Gr. II Delaware Handicap TRIPLE Play #6 Indian Vale
    I'm not sure I'll have time to post again this weekend so I want to get this up now. Indian Vale is, I believe, the best older filly or mare racing on dirt in America right now. She towers over this field in this $1,000,000 race. It is my strongest play of the year so far and I will be rating at three times the size as my regular plays

Good Luck
    Good Luck to everyone
    Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
    Clark: What's steroids?
    Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
    Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Thanks

and good luk GRIZ

Comment

This is not a full play but is a longshot worth a few bucks so I'll call it an "opinion only:"

I like #10 Eres Magica in Delaware's Race 6, the $300,000 Robert Dick Handicap. This is a filly who beat males to win the Gr. I Chilean Derby, Chile's version of the Kentucky Derby, last fall at a long distance and should relish the stretch out today for a great team in Matz and Gomez. 10-1 is possible.

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

Good Luck Gris
            THE ART OF BEING WISE IS THE ART OF KNOWING WHAT TO OVERLOOK...

Comment

good luck this weekend, Griz!

Comment

Delaware 8th

tough tisz sis is scratched

Comment

First Defence

Easy winner with First Defence, just didnt pay anything.

2.60 to win.

Comment

Kind of a nothing day. Both Tough Tiz's Sister and Eres Magica scratched at Delaware. First Defence romped as expected, paying only 2.60 and 2.10.

Profit of a measly 3.50 on the day, based on my $10 rating system.

I still love the Sunday play.

Comment

good luck on the big play tomorrow gris
                      dave
                      jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Working...
                      X