• Saturday 6/2 Spot Plays

YTD -$110.50
    based on $10 to win and place on each selection

27 plays
    9 winners
    3 seconds
    2 thirds
    13 otb

1-for-2 last week. A motley set of selections today.

Pimlico Race 9 Play #6 Thumbin' a Ride
    This horse romped in its career debut and now stretches from six furlongs to a mile. She's bred to handle the extra distance and meets a beatable field. Top trainer.

Churchill Downs Race 10 Gr.III Aristides BC Handicap Play #5 Fabulous Strike
    Thi is a DOUBLE PLAY and should be played at twice the size of the bets of the other two and is my strongest play so far this year. Believe it or not, this horse has the fastest Beyer figures of any sprinter in years. Yet, because his recent wins have all come against much weaker competition at Mountaineer, some will think he won't be able to replicate them here. That will not only help give us an acceptable price but is illogical because he has done it three times in a row. He has won his last three by a combined 26 lengths.

Charles Town Race 2 Play #5 White Rose Way
    This is a weird track as they have very high purses for very low claiming races. For that reason, many horses run below their levels to knock down the purse. My selection romped at this exact 4,000 claiming level last out and runs back here where he should romp again. He's never been worse than second in three races at the seven furlong distance, which, at this track is actually a two-turn race! NOTE: This is a night track and the race goes off a little after 7:30 eastern.

Opinion only: #7 Valiant King has an upset chance at about 10-1 in the 5th at Belmont.
    Last edited by griswold; 06-02-2007, 01:38 AM.

good luck, Gris!

Comment

my horse plays sucked lately-RIDING ON YOU GUYS SHOULDERS-MAY THE FORCE BE WITH US !!
      DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Nice Calls

Nice Calls Gris!!!! They just didnt pay much. Profit of 17 total on both races.

Comment

The Charles Town horse scratched.

The other two won. The Pimlico horse paid 3.00 and 2.60 while my double play horse at Churchill ran as advertised, missing the six furlong track record by only one-fifth of a second. He paid 3.60 and 3.40.

Wagered (based on $10 to win and place and $20 to win and place on the doube play): $60

Cashed: $98

Profit: +$38

YTD: -$72.50. I hope to be in the black by the end of the month after my slow start.

Comment

Well done

GRIZ

Comment

nice capping gris-really thought we would get a decent price on your double play but they scratched several horses-a winner is a winner though brother-an ole timer told me if your a good capper never look at the odds-will cause you to get off a winner sometimes !! !! ps-in conjunction with that-i usually make my bets that morning,then go do something else and watch them on race replays later on when i get home...
              Last edited by WayneChung; 06-05-2007, 05:29 PM.
              DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Working...
              X