Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 5/26 Spot Plays

.YTD: -$100.50
    (based on 410 to win and place on all plays)
    25 plays

8 winners
    3 seconds
    2 thirds
    12 otb

I had a very good Saturday last week, hitting two winners and cutting my loss for the year by a third. I still hope to be in the black soon. Two plays today, both from Belmont. I recommend equal bets to win and place on both.

Belmont Park Race 2 Play #2 El Medwar
    NOTE: This horse is part of a two-horse entry. It is a play only if El Medwar runs. This horse took a lot of betting action in his career debut at Keeneland last month but faded badly after chasing a fairly hot pace, something that was almost impossible to do at that track. He makes his second career start here for a trainer who is very hot and whose horses always seem to run big in their second lifetime start. May get 5-1 or better.

Belmont Park Race 7 Play #4 First Defence
    Everyone is looking forward to this year's Travers if Street Sense, Curliin and Hard Spun stay healthy. But the winner may be racing in this 1x allowance. This horse is brilliantly bred, out of a mare who almost beat the boys in the Breeders Cup Sprint a few years back. He's making his first start at age three after a couple of very good looking races as a two year old last year. He has been working bullets for six weeks and seems fully cranked up for his return. Trainer Frankel has big plans for this one and they won't be wasting a race as they want to get him into stakes company ASAP.

I also like #1 Makeithapencaptain in the 4th at Churchill, #12 Embossed in Churchill's 10th and #4 Rivoltella in Hollywood's 4th but the two Belmont plays are the only ones strong enough for big bets and the only ones I'll count in my record.
    Last edited by griswold; 05-26-2007, 12:41 AM.

First Defence won like a superstar in the making. Unfortunately, FOUR horses scratched as they were evidently ducking him for a softer spot, driving down the price. He paid 3.30 to win and 2.70 to place. The other horse faded off the board after setting the pace.

Loss of $10 on the day based on $10 to win and place on both.

Comment

Working...
    X