Preakness tip sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preakness tip sheet

Seofred I cant find the other one I posted for the Kentucky Derby. Here is one I found. Good luck.

When Jon White talks racing, people listen. So should you.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pimlico Spring Meeting 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PREAKNESS DAY
    The Baltimore City Turf Sprint (Saturday, May 19)

1. TACIRRING is 6 for 9 in turf sprints. He earned a 103 Beyer Speed Figure when victorious in a $50,000 turf sprint at Penn National last Aug. 5. Earlier this year, Tacirring finished second (at 19-1) behind one of the top sprinter's in the country, Bordonaro, in the Sunshine Millions Sprint at Gulfstream Park on Jan. 28.

2. UNBRIDLED SIDNEY also is the even-money morning line favorite for Friday's The Very One Stakes against fillies and mares. Unbridled Sidney would be competing against males in this race, but that wouldn't be anything new for her. In her only 2007 start, she led early and finished sixth as the 2-1 favorite in a Grade III turf sprint against males at Churchill Downs. In her 2006 finale, she won a turf sprint at Churchill vs. males.

3. SALUTE THE COUNT won a 5-furlong turf sprint at Atlantic City in his 2007 debut on April 26. He is 4 for 4 in grass sprints. That in itself shows that Salute the Count should be taken very seriously in this race.
    The Grade III Hirsch Jacobs (Saturday, May 19)

1. SOUTHWESTERN HEAT raised eyebrows in his initial Maryland start when he streaked to a 13-length victory at Laurel on April 11. As an encore, he won a turf sprint at Pimlico on April 28. His dam, Xtra Heat, was voted the Eclipse Award as the nation's champion 3-year-old filly of 2001. Her 25 stakes wins is the modern American record for a female Thoroughbred. Xtra Heat's son, Southwestern Heat, might get another stakes win himself by taking the 2007 Hirsch Jacobs.

2. STREET MAGICIAN ran a huge race when he earned his maiden diploma by 8 lengths in a 6-furlong race at Gulfstream Park on Feb. 10 while earning a serious Beyer Speed Figure (99). That was followed by a victory in Gulfstream's Aventura Stakes at 7 furlongs on March 31. He then ran fifth in Aqueduct's Grade III Withers Stakes at one mile on April 28. Street Magician (a son of Street Cry, sire of Kentucky Derby winner and 7-5 Preakness morning line favorite Street Sense) looks like he will appreciate a return to the sprint game in the Hirsch Jacobs. Sports Town is entered in this race, but is not expected to start after winning Wednesday's Ogygian Stakes at Belmont Park.

3. LIKE MOM LIKE SONS makes his U.S. debut after winning all 4 of his starts in Canada. The son of Carson City also will be running on a conventional dirt track for the first time in the Hirsch Jacobs after competing on the Polytrack at Woodbine. With his perfect record and the presence of Garrett Gomez in the saddle, Like Mom Like Sons certainly has the look of a major player.

The Grade III Gallorette Handicap (Saturday, May 19)

1. PRECIOUS KITTEN, a half-sister to Kitten's Joy (an Eclipse Award winner in 2004 as the nation's outstanding turf male performer), usually gives it a good try. She's finished in the exacta in 9 of 12 career starts. Precious Kitten has finished second in both starts this year. She was the runner-up to one of the nation's leading female turf runners, Wait a While, in the Grade III Honey Fox Handicap at Gulfstream Park on March 4. Precious Kitten then narrowly lost the Grade II Jenny Wily Stakes to My Typhoon on Keeneland's Polytrack on April 14.

2. AUNT HENNY finished fourth (behind Precious Kitten) while making her 2007 debut in the Grade III Honey Fox Handicap at Gulfstream Park on March 4. She then ran second to the undefeated Vacare in the Magna Distaff Stakes at Gulfstream on April 1. Aunt Henny has finished first or second in 5 of 6 turf starts. She's certainly a candidate to finish first or second in the Gallorette.

3. GRIGORIEVA is very dangerous. In France last year, she ran third in a Group III race and lost by 3 1/4 lengths in a Group I event. Making her U.S. debut in Laurel's Dahlia Handicap on April 14, she walked out of the gate and closed strongly from 15 lengths back to finish second. She has a right to move forward with that April 14 race under her belt. The longer distance of this race could help, too. If the Gallorette is switched to a wet main track, look out for A True Prospect.

The Grade III Emirates Airline Maryland Breeders' Cup Sprint Handicap (Saturday, May 19)

1. DIABOLICAL heads this field. He gave a good account of himself to finish second behind Met Mile candidate Silver Wagon in the Grade I Carter Handicap at Aqueduct on April 7. That makes the son of Eclipse Award-winning sprinter Artax the one to beat in this 6-furlong affair.

2. FLEET VALID obviously takes the first part of his name seriously. He zipped 6 furlongs in 1:08.48 to win an allowance/optional claiming race at Delaware Park on April 28. It was his third win in a row. In his lone start on the Pimlico main track, he won a 6-furlong race with speed to spare on May 20, 2006.

3. SEMAPHORE MAN ran second to the crack sprinter Bordonaro in Oaklawn Park's Grade III Count Fleet Sprint Handicap on April 13. He certainly belongs on the list of contenders for this race.

The Barbaro (Saturday, May 19)

1. CHELOKEE finished a troubled third in the Grade I Florida Derby at Gulfstream Park on March 31. Based on that performance, some felt he might have a shot in the Run for the Roses. However, he lacked sufficient graded earnings to get into the Kentucky Derby. His trainer, Michael Matz, has elected to run Chelokee in this race rather than in the Preakness. Matz, of course, saddled Barbaro to take the 2006 Kentucky Derby before the colt was injured during the Preakness. How wonderfully fitting it would be for Matz to win the Barbaro Stakes with Chelokee. It looks like there's a good chance that will happen. By the way, last fall, while talking with Matz the morning after the Breeders' Cup at Churchill Downs, I asked him if he had any 2-year-olds he liked. "Yes. I am pretty excited about Chelokee," Matz said. "Of course, he's no Barbaro. And he's by Cherokee Run, so I'm not sure how far he'll run. But I like him quite a bit."

2. SOARING BY looked good winning an allowance race at Gulfstream park on March 31, then ran seventh in Keeneland's Grade II Lexington Stakes on April 21. Slew's Tizzy, the Lexington winner, subsequently took last Saturday's Grade III Lone Star Derby.

3. STONEHOUSE finished second in Hawthorne's Land of Lincoln Stakes on April 28, a race restricted to Illinois-breds. The Land of Lincoln winner, Caruso, has won 5 of 6 career starts. Stonehouse earned a fine Beyer Speed Figure of 91 in that April 28 race.

The Grade II Dixie (Saturday, May 19)

1. COSMONAUT has hinted at having considerable ability. For instance, in last year's Grade I Arlington Million, he lost by only 2 1/2 lengths. Perhaps Cosmonaut's sparkling performance to win an allowance affair at Keeneland on April 21 is a sign that he's ready for a big 2007.

2. EINSTEIN comes back 14 days after finishing seventh as the 2-1 favorite in the Grade I Woodford Reserve Turf Classic at Churchill Downs on Derby Day. It wasn't a horrible effort by Einstein, though, as he lost by just 3 lengths. Trainer Helen Pitts told the Daily Racing Form that Einstein came out of his last race with a mile case of pharyngitis but was being treated with antibiotics and would not miss any training. "The Dixie is an outside possibility," Pitts was quoted as saying. "He's going to be fine, I think." Prior to his May 5 loss at Churchill Downs, Einstein took the Grade II Mervin Muniz Jr. Handicap in New Orleans.

3. SILVER TREE merits contender status. He finished fifth as the 4-5 favorite in the John B. Connally Breeders' Cup Turf Handicap, but he's shown he can do much better than that. He won Gulfstream Park's Grade III Appleton Handicap on March 4 in his first start of 2007.

The Grade III William Donald Schaefer Handicap (Saturday, May 19)

1. HESANOLDSALT ran second to 2006 Horse of the Year Invasor in the Grade I Donn Handicap at Gulfstream Park on Feb. 3, then also finished second to the talented Corinthian in the Grade II Gulfstream Park on March 3. It looks like Hall of Fame trainer Nick Zito has put Hesanoldsalt in a good spot to succeed.
    2. FLASHY BULL seeks his third straight victory. He got the job done in an allowance race at Gulfstream Park on March 4, then recorded a career-best 105 Beyer Speed Figure when a 4-length winner in an allowance/optional claiming contest at Aqueduct on April 18.

3. SUNRIVER finished third at Aqueduct on April 19. He's eligible to improve on that performance due to it being his first start following a layoff. He had the class to take the Grade II Peter Pan Stakes at Belmont Park in 2006.

The Grade I Preakness (Saturday, May 19)
    1. HARD SPUN ran a terrific race in defeat when he finished second in the Kentucky Derby. After Street Sense opened up a 2 1/2-length lead in the final furlong, Hard Spun did not quit. Hard Spun kept trying and actually was coming back on a bit at the end, then galloped out past Street Sense following the finish. Hard Spun earned a 107 Beyer Speed Figure in the Derby, matching Smarty Jones' Beyer when he won the roses in 2004. Smarty then won the Preakness by a record 11 1/2 lengths. The only time Hard Spun has finished worse than second was when he ran fourth in the Southwest Stakes at Oaklawn Park on Feb. 19. Not only did Hard Spun have a wide trip, but he did not like the track, according to trainer Larry Jones. Still, Hard Spun earned a 95 Beyer in the Southwest, a good number under the circumstances. Jones then sent Hard Spun to Kentucky instead of keeping in Arkansas for the Rebel Stakes and/or Arkansas Derby. That move by Jones proved to be a good one when Hard Spun took the Grade II Lane's End Stakes at Turfway Park on March 24. In the Lane's End, the colt showed he can rate nicely off the early pace under Mario Pino and still win. Look for Pino to probably just pretty much ride his own race in the Preakness without much regard to anyone else. I expect Pino to let Hard Spun roll along at his high cruising speed early. If that means Hard Spun is in front early in the Preakness, that will be fine with Pino, since he will not be putting the pedal to the medal to be in that position. If Flying First Class and/or Exchanger are intent on getting the early lead in the Preakness, Pino then will simply stalk early with Hard Spun, as was the case at Turfway. Generally, the Preakness winner comes out of the Kentucky Derby. Bernardini was an exception to that rule last year. So was Red Bullet in 2000. Other than that pair, you have to go all the way back to Deputed Testamony in 1983 to find a Preakness winner who did not compete in the Derby. Hard Spun is a son of Danzig, whose sire, Northern Dancer, won the 1964 Preakness. Hard Spun is out of a Turkoman mare. Point Given, winner of the 2001 Preakness, is out of a Turkoman mare. The feeling here is Hard Spun is going to win the 2007 Preakness. Yes, he's coming back in 14 days after a hard race in the Derby. But Street Sense, Curlin and Circular Quay are coming back in 14 days, too. So they're all in the same boat with regard to that. And keep in mind that Hard Spun went into the Derby off a six-week layoff. That should help Hard Spun considerably in terms of still having a good energy level for the Preakness.

2. STREET SENSE merits the utmost respect. He's won 4 straight when running on a conventional dirt track rated fast. His 110 Beyer Speed Figure in the Kentucky Derby nearly matched Barbaro's 111 when he won the roses in 2006. Street Sense's modus operandi is to come from well off the pace, yet he manages to put him in a position to win with a furlong to go. This was a key to his Derby victory. Despite being 19th early, he rallied to get the lead with a furlong left to run. He came the 43rd Derby winner in the last 45 years to be first or second with a furlong remaining. In 8 career starts, Street Sense has not been first or second with a furlong to go only once. That was in the weird Blue Grass Stakes when he was fourth at the eighth pole. And he still almost won the Blue Grass, losing by only a nose. Calvin Borel's ride on Street Sense was a masterpiece. The colt also has a great trainer in Carl Nafzger. But while Nafzger is a remarkable 2 for 3 in the Kentucky Derby, he is 0 for 2 in the Preakness. After Unbridled won the roses in 1990, he finished second to Summer Squall. Nafzger's only other Preakness starter was Vicar, who ran 10th in 1999. Street Sense's two best performances have come at Churchill Downs following rainy weather. Now he must show that he can win at Pimlico on a track he's never raced over.

3. CURLIN was so scintillating while winning his initial 3 races that many thought he was going to also win the Kentucky Derby despite not having raced at 2 (only Apollo in 1882 has ever won the roses without having competed at 2) and despite having only 3 career starts (the great filly Regret in 1915 was the last Derby winner with fewer than 4 career starts). But it didn't happen. After failing to break alertly, Curlin found himself 13th early after getting shuffled back. But instead of throwing in the towel, he managed to improve his position in the final half-mile. He finished third (though he never threatened and he did lose by 8 lengths). However, despite all that Curlin has already accomplished this year, I can't help but continue to be a bit troubled by his 103 Beyer in the Arkansas Derby. Sure, earning a triple-digit Beyer is good. But going into the Kentucky Derby, some thought Curlin might be a great horse. However, because his Arkansas Derby figure wasn't higher, I was somewhat skeptical that he's a great horse. I would have regarded Curlin more as a potential great horse if his Arkansas Derby figure had been at least 110. In any event, even if it does turn out that Curlin isn't a great horse, it is obvious he's a very good horse at the very least. And it certainly would not be surprising to see such colt with so much talent win the Preakness.

The Murmur Farm Starter Handicap (Saturday, May 19)

1. CREVE COEUR could prove a good $18,000 claim. He appears the one to beat. As a 2-year-old, Creve Coeur won the Maryland Million Nursery through disqualification. Also at 2, he finished ninth in the Laurel Futurity. That race was won by Barbaro.

2. SKIP THE CROWD comes off a 3 1/2-length victory despite stumbling at the start for a $25,000 claiming tag at Pimlico on April 20. He should be tough right back.

3. GIRL'S BEST FRIEND rallied to win at 10-1 at Pimlico on May 10 when claimed for $14,000. His new trainer, Phil Schoenthal, does well in the first start after a claim category.

BLACK-EYED SUSAN DAY

The Whimsical (Friday, May 18)

1. WAYTOTHELEFT is a sharp Aqueduct shipper. She's bidding for her fourth straight win. It's a plus that she is to be ridden again by Ramon Dominguez, who has guided the New York-bred daughter of Abaginone to her 2 most recent victories in New York.

2. JUST STARTING also has been racing in sharp form at Aqueduct, with 2 wins from her last 3 starts for the high-percentage Anthony Dutrow barn. Just Starting is a daughter of Northern Afleet, sire of 2005 Preakness winner Afleet Alex.

3. HOMESTEADER ran fifth in a stakes race at Delaware Park on April 28. Prior to that, she was the runner-up in the Primonetta Stakes at Laurel on April 7 despite getting shuffled back early.

The "The Very One" (Friday, May 18)

1. UNBRIDLED SIDNEY looks formidable. In her only 2007 start, she led early and finished sixth as the 2-1 favorite in a Grade III turf sprint against males at Churchill Downs. In her 2006 finale, she won a turf sprint at Churchill vs. males. Calvin Borel, whose ride on Street Sense to win the Kentucky Derby was a masterpiece, is scheduled to be Unbridled Sidney's pilot in The Very One.

2. SMART AND FANCY is a contender, especially if this race is switched to the main track. A wet main track would probably help her a lot. Smart and Fancy won a stakes race on a muddy track at Aqueduct on March 23, then posted a 3 1/4-length victory in another stakes race at the Big A on April 19 when the track was fast.

3. SOUTH NECKING won an allowance/optional claiming sprint on the dirt March 4 at Bay Meadows, then ran third at 11-1 in a stakes race on the turf April 21 at Keeneland. She had an exceptional workout at Churchill Downs on May 11 (4 furlongs in :46 3/5) and hails from the powerful Todd Pletcher barn.

The Adena Stallions' Miss Preakness (Friday, May 18)

1. YOUR FLAME IN ME comes into this race undefeated and untested in 3 career starts. In her 2007 debut, she cruised to a 9-length victory in the Xtra Heat Stakes at Pimlico on April 28. The fleet Boundary filly drew the inside post for this race. It's nothing new for her. She broke from the inside post in both of her starts last year. Look for her to pop right to the front and prove hard to catch.

2. SILVER KNOCKERS drops in class after finishing seventh in the Grade I Ashland Stakes on the Polytrack at Keeneland on April 7. The 6-furlong distance of this race probably suits her better than the 1 1/16 miles of the Ashland. Silver Knockers ran second in Gulfstream Park's Grade II Forward Gal Stakes at 7 furlongs on March 10. The daughter of Silver Deputy (sire of 1999 Black-Eyed Susan winner Silverbulletday) merits respect.

3. YOU ASKED has defeated an Eclipse Award winner. She did that when finishing second to the talented Dream Rush in the Grade III Old Hat Stakes at Gulfstream Park on Feb. 10, with last year's Eclipse Award-winning 2-year-old filly Dreaming of Anna third. In her only start since the Old Hat, You Asked ran third in the Grade II Forward Gal Stakes at Gulfstream (Silver Knockers was second).

The Grade II Allaire du Pont Breeders' Cup Distaff (Friday, May 18)

1. SUGAR SHAKE deserves top billing if she starts, but the Grade I winner is expected to run instead in Saturday's Grade II Shuvee Handicap at Belmont Park. If Sugar Shake does go in this race, she will be tough to beat. She's 2 for 2 in 2007. She won the Grade II El Encino Stakes at Santa Anita on Jan. 14, then took the Grade I Santa Maria Handicap at that California track on Feb. 10.

2. KETTLEONEUP comes off an impressive 3 3/4-length triumph in Hawthorne's Grade III Sixty Sails Handicap on April 21. In one of her earlier races, she finished second to Sugar Shake in an allowance race at the Churchill Downs fall meet. Kettleoneup certainly is a candidate to win this race, especially if Sugar Shake does opt for the Shuvee.

3. SWAP FLIPAROO ran second in Aqueduct's Grade II Bed o' Roses Handicap the same afternoon that Kettleoneup took the Sixty Sails in Illinois. Swap Fliparoo, conditioned by Hall of Famer Allen Jerkens, has finished at least third in 5 straight starts.

The Grade II Black-Eyed Susan (Friday, May 18)

1. BARONESS THATCHER looms the one to beat. She finished fifth in the Grade II Beaumont Stakes on Keeneland's Polytrack on April 12, a race taken by Street Sounds. Just last Saturday, Street Sounds registered a 5 1/4-length win in Pimlico's Hilltop Stakes on the turf for trainer Michael Matz. On Feb. 10, Baroness Thatcher looked good leaving the walking ring for Santa Anita's Grade I Las Virgenes Stakes. She ran to her looks, finishing second. Unfortunately for her, she faced an extremely talented filly in Rags to Riches, who won the Las Virgenes before also taking the Grade I Santa Anita Oaks and Grade I Kentucky Oaks. Prior to the Las Virgenes, Baroness Thatcher won Santa Anita's Grade III Santa Ysabel Stakes with Garrett Gomez in the irons. The daughter of Johannesburg (the Eclipse Award-winning 2-year-old male of 2001) is scheduled to be reunited with Gomez in the Black-Eyed Susan.

2. WINNING POINT could prove a tough customer. The daughter of Point Given (winner of the 2001 Preakness) is undefeated in Maryland. After winning three straight at Laurel, she finished second in Aqueduct's Grade II Comely Stakes on April 17 when 17-1. That was a particularly good performance by Winning Point considering she broke in the air before stumbling twice.

3. PANTY RAID comes off an allowance win on Keeneland's Polytrack on April 13. She has won on a conventional dirt track, though, having done so when unveiled at Saratoga last year. Panty Raid won that Sarartoga race by 7 3/4 emphatic lengths.

Bump for those who want this
    Questions, comments, complaints:
    [email protected]

Comment

thanks longnex,appreciate it buddy
      I AM A NITWIT

Comment

Linemaker's Comments
        Track Handicapper
        Frank Carulli's
        Focus on Favorites

Saturday, May 19
        Post Time: 10:30 PM (EDT)
        PREAKNESS DAY

RACE ONE (10:30 am)

10. BOND FIRE, second in fast Aqueduct allowance five weeks ago
        returns on shortest rest yet.

4. CHEROKEE SPIRIT led between calls in stretch in turf route, adds
        blinkers.

8. P V LIGHTENING won in debut for 46 percent sprint-to-route barn.

RACE TWO (10:59 am)
        4. COLONIAL SILVER is steady sprinter at this level and Pino was up for
        three wins.

9. MUNSON ROY E. dueled long way with stablemate, hit board for eighth
        time in short sprint, starts fresh.

7. MAGICAL GEM sat dream trip in 6F win, gets Prado.

RACE THREE (11:28 am)
        6. SARATOGA LULABY ran second in pair of 1M stakes for 3yos and
        finished ‘willingly’ in Tesio.

2. PAY OFF TIME shook duel but couldn’t last in game try off 2-year layoff.

5. EASY GRADES changed tactics, rallied too late in 3x allowance.

RACE FOUR (12:04 pm)
        7. SUAVE JAZZ won five 6F sprints in a row and ran top speed fig as
        streak ended.

8. KNOWN BACK HOME won four in a row before lone rival held him off.

2. MUSICIAN’S PRIDE finished full of in Charles Town sprint and returns to
        best distance.

RACE FIVE (12:43 pm) Baltimore City Turf Sprint
        3. UNBRIDLED SIDNEY, cross-entered in Friday’s Very One, beat boys to top $500k in turf earnings.

2. SALUTE THE COUNT rallied to win in all four grass sprints.

8. TACIRRING has the class but has raced only twice in the last 16 months.

RACE SIX (1:24 pm) Hirsch Jacobs
        5. STREET MAGICIAN pressed Withers winner and tired after gritty stakes
        win.

8. LIKE MOM LIKE SONS led at every call but one in 4-4 start on Woodbine
        polytrack.

4. FINALLYMADEIT has arrived with Lasix and is stakes-placed versus
        elders.

RACE SEVEN (2:06 pm) Gallorette Hcp
        5. PRECIOUS KITTEN likes to pose for photo finish camera in whatever
        stakes she appears.

4. GRIGORIEVA rallied from clouds in U.S. debut to just miss in minor stake.

3. AUNT HENNY faced Grade 1 winners in her last two starts.

RACE EIGHT (2:49 pm) Maryland Breeders' Cup Sprint Hcp
        2. DIABOLICAL should sit dream trip in search of first graded stakes win.

7. TALENT SEARCH widened in speed-laden McKay Stakes in first start at
        Pimlico.

6. FLEET VALID has proven difficult to catch while maintaining light
        schedule.

RACE NINE (3:37 pm) Barbaro Stakes
        6. CHELOKEE’s connections considered Preakness after troubled third in Fla Derby.

4. SOARING BY pressed Lone Star Derby victor Slew’s Tizzy in Lexington before tiring.

3. SILVER EXPRESS broke slow, improved while 10-wide in stretch at 7F.

RACE TEN (4:22 pm) Dixie Stakes
        9. EINSTEIN overcame wider posts to win Grade 2 stake at distance and
        miss in G-1 photo.

12. REMARKABLE NEWS won four times en route to nine 100-plus Beyers
        in row.

3. COSMONAUT, unplaced in five G-1’s as 4yo, found soft spot in return.

RACE ELEVEN (5:10 pm) William Donald Schaefer Hcp
        7. HESANOLDSALT, second to Horse of Year Invasor, returns north in peak
        form.

9. FLASHY BULL, winless around two turns, appears ready for breakthrough
        as 4yo.

8. SUNRIVER worked 5-furlong bullet since sub-par return, fits well on best.

RACE TWELVE (6:15 pm) Preakness Stakes
        8. STREET SENSE parlayed dream rail run into Kentucky Derby win on
        same track that he won Breeders’ Cup Juvenile.

7. HARD SPUN silenced critics with brave front-end try in Derby five days
        after blazing workout.

4. CURLIN had worst trip from among the Derby favorites as perfect record
        was blemished.

RACE THIRTEEN (7:15 pm)
        7. GIRL’S BEST FRIEND sprung upset in $14k open claimer and was
        supplemented into race.

11. CREVE COEUR, unproven at distance, couldn’t gain on dueling leaders
        at 7F.

6. SKIP THE CROWD continues to improve, winning last two dirt routes.

(Be sure to check out the daily Scratches and Changes.
        CLICK HERE)

TODAY'S BEST

Outperformance (10th race)

CHEF'S CHOICE

Roshani (7th race)

GIMMICK GUY

Trifecta (2nd race): Key #10 over 2, 3, 4, 7, 9

Early PICK 4 [$250k guaranteed pool]

4th race: 8, 9

5th race: 1, 2, 3

6th race: 4, 5

7th race: 3, 4, 5, 10

Cost for $1 ticket: $48

Late PICK 4 ($1 million guaranteed pool)

9th race: 4, 6

10th race: 10

11th race: 7, 9

12th race: 2, 3, 4, 7, 8

Cost for $ ticket: $20

PICK 6

7th race: 3, 4, 5

8th race: 2, 7

9th race: 4, 6

10th race: 10

11th race: 7, 9

12th race: 2, 3, 4, 7, 8

Cost for 50-cent ticket: $60

Horses to watch

GAY -- Maiden held surprisingly well for third after saddle slipped.

BIANCA LOVE – Rapidly improving 4yo had bumpy start on turf.

CARYCITA – Willing finish on rail in first try for tag off layoff.

PEDIGREE SPOTLIGHT

Sunriver (11th race) is a full brother to multiple graded stakes winner Ashado ($3.9 million) and to Grade 3 winner Saint Stephen ($300k).
        I AM A NITWIT

Comment

Working...
        X