Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ironchung's"don't let rover hang out at michael vick's house"-SAT.HORSE PICK !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handicapping Angles

I have said it before, that horses are my favorite sport to handicap and wager on. Unfortunately as a result of my O.C.D. I read a shitload of useless handicapping books and articles.

I think it would be useful if I periodically posted some Angles and techniques that maybe some could use to handicap on their own. I would also hope some of the usual suspects in this forum would post some of their own. It's a great way to learn, especially if you don't know squat about the horses.

I think alot of people would enjoy betting the ponies but they just don't know how to handicap them.

Beyer 2-point method
    Simply put you take the average of the horses last two Beyer Speed Ratings and bet the one with at least 2 points higher than any other horse.
    - the book says the angle works best with higher priced claimers, allowance or stakes horses. This makes sense because these types of horses are more consistent then cheap claimers or maidens (never won).
    Remember the three R's:
    Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Comment

Hey CHUNG---
      I fucked up thinking I was starting a new thread ROOKIE MISTAKE (wish I could blame it on drinking)...anyway What do you think? is it a good idea?
      Remember the three R's:
      Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Comment

RWALL-i like to look at everyone's handicapping angles-there was a trainer from florida who would ship in to churchill about three horse's the week of the derby-it was usually the wed,thurs,or friday before the derby-always at least one of these beauties would win-usually at about 50 to 1,have not seen his name in the last four or five years and its one of those names i would have to see in the program to remember it,but everyone has little secrets like this that sometimes pay huge...
        DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Working...
        X