Online Books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Books?

What books do most of you use? Is there a consensus? Also, from my understanding, betting on horses online in the US is legal...unlike poker...is this correct? Any info would be great...thanks.

I used betcris, switched from bodog recently. I like betcris alot, early lines, good #'s. Customer service could be better, but they have gotten the job done.

Also, technically, playing online poker in the US is legal, but funding it is not. But you are correct, they carved out an exemption for horses either way.
    O..H.........I..O!

2010 NCAA Football: 4-3-1

2010 NFL: 0-0

2009-2010 NCAA Basketball: 30-23-1

Comment

How about books designed especially for the horses...such as winticket? These books are cool because they offer live video.

Comment

Bodog gives you money back every week on horse bets.

Comment

Originally posted by longnex
          Bodog gives you money back every week on horse bets.

So does BetCris...they do it every day.

Comment

TVG, HRTV (Xpressbet), WinTicket are all places in which you can LEGALLY place wagers for horseracing. They don't offer any rebates or anything though.

The money wagered at thease sites are also part of the paramutual pools unlike betting through bodog, betcris and others that also may have limits to which you can win.

Also, check the state you live with. Many local tracks or Off Track bettting places offer phone accounts.

What state you live in?
            Good Luck to everyone
            Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
            Clark: What's steroids?
            Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
            Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

I live in OK and am looking for a book that only does horses...such as winticket. Out of those type of books is there any that you reccommend. I also want the option of watching the live horse racing.

Comment

Originally posted by captcane
                I live in OK and am looking for a book that only does horses...such as winticket. Out of those type of books is there any that you reccommend. I also want the option of watching the live horse racing.

Most cable carriers have either TVG (Television Games) or HRTV (Horse Racing TV). IMHO TVG is better but you can't watch Santa Anita, Oaklawn, or Gulfstream. I have never wagered through any of them because they don't offer every track due to contracts, that's why you may want both.

Check out tvg.com or xpressbet.com you can watch and wager on both of them. But you would need both because one carries tracks the the other may not. I have never depostied money on either, but xpressbet lets none depositing costumoers to watch. TVG lets you for a certain period.

Unfortunatly after I typed this I just looked up that wagering is not available in the state of Oklahoma via TVG

I personally don't like winticket. Everytime I go there my computer locks up on me.

If you have local tracks or off track betting outlets you can open phone accounts through them.

I do my phone wagering through either Hinsdale (New Hamp Dog racing) or Autotote (CT OTB), mainly the Autotote becaus eto deposit and get my money is closer.

Hope I helped a little. I discourage playing horses through over seass accounts because many put caps o nthe max odds you can win because they are not part of the paramutual pools.

A few years ago I hit a superfecta in the Florida Derby that paid almost 10 grand and I got a lousy $500 because they had a max odds of 500-1 on exotics. I was pissed b/c I was too lazy to drive to the OTB. I'll never do it again.
                Good Luck to everyone
                Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
                Clark: What's steroids?
                Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
                Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Can you legally bet horses through expressbet or others like that if you live in Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by Topplayer
                    Can you legally bet horses through expressbet or others like that if you live in Texas?
                    Are those Texas based online books?

Comment

no

Comment

Originally posted by Topplayer
                        I think youbet.com offers wagering to Texas players. BoDog also takes horse wagers and they have a link at the top of BC.

Comment

Is it legal to do it through Bodog?

Comment

Most of these books ask for your social security number...what is that for and is it safe to give it to them???

Comment

Working...
                            X