Saturday 1/27 Spot Plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 1/27 Spot Plays

YTD: -$12.50 (based on $10 to win and place on all selections)
    3 plays this year with one winner and two off the board
    2006: +$198

I posted two plays last week but one of the races came off the turf so it was a no play. Alas, that horse won. I'm focusing today on two price plays in the Sunshine Millions races, which always seem to produce two or three bombers.

Play both at equal amounts to win or place

Santa Anita Race 2 $ 250,000 Sunshine Million Oaks Play #7 A.V. Flynn
    While this is supposed to be a stakes race for three year old fillies bred in Florida and California, it's really just a non-winners of two for Cal-breds. Not a single horse shipped in from Florida and no horse has won more than twice. The soft field can be upset by my selection, making only her third career start. She was two-for-two as a young two year old and the six month layoff is more than enough time for a young horse to show great improvement.

Gulfstream Park Race 10 $1,000,000 Sunshine Millions Classic Play #2 Get Funky
    This horse has run five times in a row on the grass including a win last year in the Del Mar Derby. But his breeding is fine for the dirt, he draws a favorable post position and has the tactical speed to sit on or near the lead. The trainer has been hot for a year. Anything close to the morning line of 20-1 is a gift. Likely favorite Sweetnorthernsaint is vulnerable because of a lousy outside post. Dutrow's Silver Wagon is the only one I fear.
    Last edited by griswold; 01-27-2007, 01:48 AM.

Good Luck, Shit man I am gonna have to relook at A.V. Flynn, No place to be found in my supr and tri tickets.

Haven't gotten to the Gulfstream Races yet but that 20-1 would be nice. At 1st glanze I like the 7 (Papi Chullo) or the 11 (Armenian Summer) in this race, but Get Funky is diffently gonna be in there.
    Good Luck to everyone
    Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
    Clark: What's steroids?
    Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
    Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

gris good luck!!
      1*=$50

Crusader MM starting qb at Oregon

Comment

Working...
      X