Saturday 7/22 Spot Plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 7/22 Spot Plays

YTD: +$84 (based on a mere $10 to win and place on all selections)
    I like three plays a lot and these will be my rated best bets of the day. I'll throw out two longshot flyers for small money but will not count those in my record (win or lose).

As always, I recommend playing each of the top three plays at equal amounts to win and place.

Monmouth Race 5 Play #5 Idol Gina
    This horse has been running against claimers at Philly Park and now faces fellow New Jersey-breds (softer competition) for the second time. She broke slowly last out and finished a non-threatening third. This one has the looks of a "sneak" horse as a new trainer is named who has no starts on the year (he's actually the former boss of the old trainer) and they bring in a rider from Philly.

Arlington Park Race 7 Play #5 Dyna Slam
    This Illinois-bred broke her maiden at Churchill last year, raced once this year again versus open company and then finished fourth in an Illinois-bred stakes. She now drops down to meet fellow Illinois breds in a 1X allowance. Short price but she towers over this field.

Arlington Park Race 8 Gr. II American Derby Play #3 Can't Beat It
    Big field of 14 in this stakes for three year olds on the grass. The field size will inflate the odds here and we can nail down a solid price. This horse won back to back grass races at Gulfstream this winter and ran credibly last out in the Million-dollar Colonial Cup against much tougher. Eddie Castro into ride for top Florida trainer Marty Wolfson. Irish ship-in Golden Arrow the only one to worry about.

Opinions only:
    Two longshot to take stabs at:

Arlington Race 6 Gr. III Modesty Play #9 Cursora
    Del Mar 6 Gr. I John Mabee Hcp. Play #5 Island Fashion

GL Gris
    MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

Comment

gris good luck!!
      1*=$50

Crusader MM starting qb at Oregon

Comment

Good Luck today
        Good Luck to everyone
        Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
        Clark: What's steroids?
        Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
        Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Good Luck
          THE ART OF BEING WISE IS THE ART OF KNOWING WHAT TO OVERLOOK...

Comment

Recap

Slight loss on the day of $5 (based on $10 to win and place)

The Monmouth horse was a bad pick who ran off the board. Dyna Slam finished second at short odds, paying 2.40 to place. Can't Beat It, at 6-1, was blocked around the turn and into the stretch and still got up for second, paying 8.60 to place.

Total wagered: $60
            Cashed: $55

So far this year, in 23 posts 18 have finished first or second. Unfortunately, eleven of those 18 were second. Still +$79 on the year.

Comment

Working...
            X