• Show
Clear All

• Saturday 7/15 Spot plays

Since the start of this program, 17 plays have been posted with:
    7 winners
    8 seconds
    1 third
    1 off the board.

All plays are to be bet to win AND place. Despite a small loss last week the YTD profit (based on a mere $10 to win and place) is $120. Lots of racing and many major race cards today but I could only find three races I like enough to recommend.

Churchill Downs Race 1 Play #9 Moonlit Romance
    Huge drop in class here. The horse was claimed for $30,000 two races back and ran iffy for 50K. So, this aggressive trainer drops her all the way down to 15K. The only time this horse ran lower in her career was for $25,000 and that was a win. Outclasses this field.

Colonial Downs Race 9 Gr. II Virginia Derby Play #7 Proudinsky
    This is the richest race of the day in America. $1 million for three year olds on the grass. This is only the fourth career start for Proudinsky. He ran twice in Germany, breaking his maiden by 15 lengths. Despite his lack of experience, he was sent to America to run in the Grade III Arlington Classic three weeks ago and closed with a rush despite a bad trip and just missed. The stretchout to 1-1/4 miles will help. Victor Espinoza in from California to ride. Should get at least 4-1 given the depth of this field.

Calder Race 13 Play #9 Cherokee Belle
    Calder has all of its big sprint stakes today but my favorite play is a race for two year old maidens. Cherokee Belle got a poor speed figure running third in her career debut but she broke slowly. First time Lasix. Northern California leading rider Russell Baze (in to ride Lost In The Fog in one of the stakes) sticks around to take the mount.

gris good luck
    1*=$50

Crusader MM starting qb at Oregon

Comment

Good Luck, I played the Colonial (which I think is a good bet, race is wide open) and Calder race
      Good Luck to everyone
      Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
      Clark: What's steroids?
      Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
      Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

A rather lousy day. The Colonial and Churchill horses finished off the board. Cherokee Belle ran as I expected at nice odds of 9-2 but was beaten by a first time starter that looks real good. She paid $4.80 to place.

Loss on the day (based on $10 to win and place): $36

Comment

Working...
        X