Saturday 7/8 Spot Plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 7/8 Spot Plays

Since beginning this program I've posted 13 plays, with an amazing record of six wins, six seconds and only one off the board. The wagering strategy is to bet equal amounts to win and place on all selections. Based on $10 per bet, $100 was wagered last week for a profit of $34. Profit on the year is now up to $124. Obviously, the $ figures increase if the wagers are higher.

Hollywood Park Race 3 Gr. II Swaps Breeders Cup Play #4 Arson Squad
    Only four horses are running but the price will be right as I'm taking the likely third choice in the wagering. A.P. Warrior nosed out Point Determined three weeks ago with Arson Squad third. I believe A.P Warrior will more aggressively try to steal the race on the front end, prompting a faster pace that will aid Arson Squad. The stretchout from 1 1/16 to 1 1/8 helps. Huge workout ten days ago.

Monmouth Park Race 9 Gr. I United Nations Hcp. Play #3 Relaxed Gesture
    This race may be cancelled if the New Jersey legislature doesn't approve the tax increase deal to end the budget fight that shuttered the track all week. As I write this early Saturday morning, they haven't voted yet but it's predicted it will be passed in time for Monmouth to open. I sure hope so, because I love Relaxed Gesture here. There will be a very hot pace for a race this long (1 3/8 miles) and that will benefit this closer. Should have won the Manhattan on Belmont Day but had a bad trip and then Desormeaux dropped his whip. Price will be decent because of presence of the top four grass horses in the country: English Channel, Better Talk Now, Cacique and my selection.

Churchill Downs Race 8 Gr. III Debutante Play #7 Chagall
    This is the big stakes for two year old fillies at Churchill. My pick won her career debut in very fast time June 16. Todd Pletcher-trained horses virtually always improve second time out. Pletcher and jockey Bejarano have hit at a 42 percent clip when paired together at the meet. We get four pounds from an Asmussen-trained horse who has already won a stakes at Hollywood Park but got only a modest speed figure in doing so. NOTE: This race goes off at almost the exact same time as the Monmouth race.

Arlington Park Race 8 Play #3 Iosilver
    This horse had a great year last season but clunked badly in its only start this season. The trainer gave him another two months off and the horse is showing outstanding workouts. This horse likes to run near the pace, which should be a lot more reasonable than the pace that burned him out in his last start.
    Last edited by griswold; 07-08-2006, 02:08 AM.

Good Luck Gris
    "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

BOL Grissy
      Remember the three R's:
      Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Comment

New Jersey tax increase approved in the wee hours. Monmouth will open today and the big race will go on as scheduled.

Comment

gris good luck!!
          1*=$50

Crusader MM starting qb at Oregon

Comment

gl gris!

NCAA Hoops 14-14-1 -2.35 units NFL 2-1 +1 unit
            NBA 6-7-1 -2.32 units NHL 10-4-1 +3.95 units
            MLB 6-7-1 -2.95u WNBA 1-0 +1u. NCAAF 3-1 +1.5 u

Comment

like "relaxed gesture" // i have liked this horse a long time-wish prado or gomez was riding him !!
              DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

1 in buddy. nice job!

Comment

Results:

1 winner
                  2 second placers
                  1 third place

Slight loss on the day.

Arson Squad paid 6.80 and 3.00 to win and place
                  Chagall paid 2.40 to place
                  Iosilver paid 3.00 to place
                  Wagered: $80 (based on $10 to win and place)
                  Cashed: $76

Result: -$4

Comment

Originally posted by griswold
                    Results:

1 winner
                    2 second placers
                    1 third place

Slight loss on the day.

Arson Squad paid 6.80 and 3.00 to win and place
                    Chagall paid 2.40 to place
                    Iosilver paid 3.00 to place
                    Wagered: $80 (based on $10 to win and place)
                    Cashed: $76

Result: -$4
                    nothing wrong with that gris-we had fun at the races and nobody got hurt-we did not get the super hot pace for relaxed gesture-i thought they would be smoking up front also-thanks for posting for us brother !!
                    DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Working...
                    X