• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday's NHL Trends and Indexes - 6/15

Trends and Indexes

Tuesday, June 15

Good Luck on day #166 of 2021!

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo: Tuesday's six-pack

Worst records in the major leagues:
    20-47— Arizona
    22-43— Baltimore
    23-42— Pittsburgh
    26-40— Minnesota
    26-41— Colorado
    25-41— Texas

Armadillo: Tuesday's Den: Nobody asked me, but……..

13) An infielder in Korean pro baseball scratched the cornea in his eye last week, when he rubbed sweat out of his eye, only did it too vigorously.

I meant to mention this last year, after my cataract surgery; the surgeon had mentioned to me to be careful when washing around the eyes— you can do damage to a delicate area.

12) If I was a big league ballplayer and they told me they traded me, the first thing I’d want to know, other than where I was going, is who did you get for me?

11) Giants 5, Diamondbacks 2— Arizona has now lost 20 in a row on the road.

10) A’s 8, Angels 5:
    — Mitch Moreland got his 1,000th career hit in this game.
    — Mark Canha is 9th Oakland player ever to play LF-CF-RF, all in the same game.

9) Hawks 103, 76ers 100:
    — Atlanta wins after trailing by 18 at one point; series is 2-2.
    — Joel Embiid went 4-20 from floor, 0-12 in 2nd half. He is playing with torn meniscus in his knee.

8) Clippers 118, Utah 104:
    — LA led 30-13 after first quarter, never looked back.
    — Home side won all four series games.
    — Utah’s subs shot a combined 4-20 from the floor.

7) Do young actors get starstruck when they do scenes with really famous actors?

I’m thinking of one of the last scenes in Last Vegas; the young concierge is saying goodbye to the four older dudes he helped out during the movie, but not just any older dudes:

Robert DeNiro, Morgan Freeman, Michael Douglas, Kevin Kline.

Has to be the young guy’s career highlight, right?

6) Red Sox 2, Blue Jays 1— Toronto won 18-4 Sunday, then trailed 1-0 here with two outs in 9th, when Vladimir Guerrero tied the game with a dramatic homer. Rafael Devers walked it off in bottom of the 9th by hitting a ball off the Green Monster.

Coming into this game, Red Sox starting pitchers had allowed 40 runs in their previous 39 IP, so this had to be a relief for them.

5) Baseball injuries:
    — Cleveland P Shane Bieber (shoulder)
    — Royals OF Andrew Benitendi (ribs)
    — Rays P Tyler Glasnow (elbow)

4) A’s manager Bob Melvin got his 1,300th career win over the weekend, making him the 35th big league skipper to hit that milestone.

3) There is going to be a new NHL team in Seattle next fall; the expansion draft is next month, which should be interesting.

— How hard will the new team try to win quickly?
    — Which players will be left unprotected?
    — When is Seattle getting a new NBA team?

2) There is apparently a chicken wing shortage in Buffalo, which has raised prices.

“This time last year, an order of 20 from us came to $25 even [after tax]; right now it’s $31.53” s restaurant manager told the New York Post.

— Back in 2018, an oversupply in chicken wing production forced the process to slow.
    — During the pandemic last year, a shortage of workers and bursting demand for takeout worsened the crunch.
    — The big winter storm in Texas in February made supply-chain matters worse when farmers had to euthanize hundreds of thousands of chicks and destroy hundreds of thousands of eggs.

So far, no one is suggesting that fowl play is involved.

1) RIP to the great actor Ned Beatty, who passed away over the weekend, at age 83. One of our best character actors, Beatty has 228 movie credits, including Network, Superman, Deliverance and He Got Game. He was even a judge in Law & Order once. RIP, sir.

Comment

Comment

11NY ISLANDERS -12 TAMPA BAY
        NY ISLANDERS are 25-10 ATS (17.8 Units) against good offensive teams - >=29 shots on goal, convert >=17% pp in the current season.

NHL

Tuesday, June 15

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Trend Report
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NY Islanders @ Tampa Bay
        NY Islanders
        NY Islanders is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
        NY Islanders is 7-1 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
        Tampa Bay
        The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Tampa Bay's last 8 games
        The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Tampa Bay's last 5 games when playing at home against NY Islanders

Comment

NHL
          Dunkel

Tuesday, June 15

Comment

Working...
          X