• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday's NHL Trends and Indexes - 6/14

Trends and Indexes

Monday, June 14

Good Luck on day #165 of 2021!

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo: Monday's six-pack

Best records in the major leagues:
    42-24— Tampa Bay
    41-24— Chicago White Sox
    40-25— San Francisco
    39-26— LA Dodgers
    40-27— A’s
    38-27— Chicago Cubs/Milwaukee

Armadillo: Monday's Den: Hard to believe its been 20 years already. Happy Armadillo Day

Hard to believe, but 20 years ago today, this website got its start; time flies when you’re having fun, and this has (mostly) been fun.

I’d like to thank all of you for reading this space (I’m hoping someone is out there reading)

I’ve had the pleasure of learning from a lot of smart people over the years; hopefully I’ve passed some of that knowledge on to you. Lot of what is posted here is trivial, but trivia can be fun. If it makes you smile or makes you think, then it is useful trivia.

— Random joke from comedian Rip Taylor: “The economy is so bad, even the price of down is up”

— A coach rips into one of his players, who dislikes the coach: “You’re playing lousy because you’re ignorant and apathetic!!!!” Kid looks at the coach, shrugs and says, “I don’t know and I don’t care.”

Someday I’ll do a big thing thanking everyone who has helped me, but right now it is really late and I would leave someone out and that would make me sick, so I’ll do it another day. Just know that I appreciate what I’ve learned from those of you who I’ve met.

One of the things I believe is that certain people come into our lives for a reason; we may not know it at the time, but eventually we do. They may even be cruddy people, but we learn from them too and we use that knowledge to make ourselves better.

I’ve made several new friends because of this site; you never have enough good friends.

So much has happened since 2001; now isn’t the time to look back, its time to look ahead, to try and figure out what’s going to be happening in the coming months.

— Baseball is going to look a lot different next year. Will be lot of new rules; eventually, they will add two expansion teams, maybe the A’s/Rays will also move.

Hopefully, everyone will use the DH next year, and 7-inning doubleheaders will go away; I’m not too opinionated on the other potential rule changes— oh yeah, no robot umps either.

— NFL teams will play 17 games this season for the first time; eventually, they’ll play 18, with the Super Bowl on Presidents Day weekend.

— College football will expand to an 8-team or 12-team playoff; too much money involved for them to say no to that.

— College basketball is undergoing a huge change right now, not necessarily for the better. I am hoping that soon kids can go right from high school to the NBA, which might reduce the amount of roster-hopping that is happening at a ridiculously high pace right now.

Random odd stat: NFL went to the 16-game schedule in 1978. Since, the QB who has started all 16 games for his team and thrown the fewest TD passes?

In 1995, Trent Dilfer started 16 games for Tampa Bay, but threw only four TD passes all season for the 7-9 Buccaneers, who were 5-2 in games decided by 7 or fewer points. Five years later, Dilfer won the Super Bowl starting for the Baltimore Ravens. Go figure.

Suns 125, Nuggets 118— Phoenix is in playoffs for first time in a decade; they sweep Denver here, advance to the Western Conference final.

Bucks 107, Nets 96— Kyrie Irving hurt his ankle, Bucks evened series 2-2.

— Guy named Garrick Higgo (played college golf at UNLV) was six shots down when he began play Sunday, but the leaders stumbled, and Higgo won his first PGA Tour event, in only his second try. He’s also won twice on the European Tour in the Canary Islands. Higgo is only 22 years old; he is a lefty golfer from South Africa.

— Former Colorado QB Sam Noyer, a 2nd-team Pac-12 guy last year, is transferring to Oregon State, because every QB who doesn’t start seems to transfer to somewhere where he will start. Unusual for a QB to transfer within the conference, though.

Toronto 18, Boston 4— Blue Jays hit eight home runs.

If the playoffs started today (they don’t):
    NL: Mets/Cubs or Brewers/Giants. Wild Card: Chi/Mil @ Dodgers
    AL: Rays, White Sox, A’s. Wild Card: Houston @ Boston

Today we start the next 20 years, hopefully filled with laughter and good health for everyone. Thanks again for reading.

Happy Armadillo Day, and happy birthday to my friend Big Dawg, who celebrates a birthday today. He is a smart, funny man; don’t believe me?

Before my ill-fated marriage way back in 1992, Big Dawg comes up to me at work, and in front of several other people says: “Don’t spend too much time with her. Remember, she’s only your first wife.”

Then he walks away. Oy. Happy birthday, Big Dawg!!!!

Comment

Comment

1MONTREAL -2 VEGAS
        MONTREAL is 8-3 ATS (4.7 Units) as a # 4 seed in the playoffs in the current season.

NHL
        Dunkel

Monday, June 14

NHL

Monday, June 14

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Trend Report
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Montreal @ Vegas
        Montreal
        Montreal is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
        The total has gone OVER in 5 of Montreal's last 5 games when playing Vegas
        Vegas
        Vegas is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
        The total has gone OVER in 5 of Vegas's last 5 games when playing Montreal

Comment

MONTREAL (32-24-0-11, 75 pts.) at VEGAS (48-17-0-4, 100 pts.) - 6/14/2021, 9:00 PM
          Top Trends for this game.
          MONTREAL is 68-80 ATS (-22.0 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.
          MONTREAL is 40-50 ATS (-16.6 Units) after a division game over the last 2 seasons.
          VEGAS is 48-21 ATS (+77.6 Units) in all games this season.
          VEGAS is 48-21 ATS (+9.0 Units) second half of the season this season.
          VEGAS is 47-21 ATS (+8.8 Units) after a division game this season.
          VEGAS is 28-6 ATS (+16.2 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
          MONTREAL is 23-21 ATS (+52.0 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
          Head-to-Head Series History
          MONTREAL is 4-0 (+5.8 Units) against the spread versus VEGAS over the last 3 seasons
          MONTREAL is 4-0-0 straight up against VEGAS over the last 3 seasons
          4 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+4.0 Units)

Comment

Working...
          X