• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday's NHL Trends and Indexes - 5/21

Trends and Indexes

Friday, May 21

Good Luck on day #141 of 2021!

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

NHL SAGARIN RATINGS

NHL Matchups

NHL Database

NHL Hot and Not

SPORTS MATCHUPS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo: Friday's six-pack

Teams who have been no-hit twice at home, in the same season:
    1923- Philadelphia A’s
    1971- Cincinnati Reds
    1973- Detroit Tigers
    2001- San Diego Padres
    2015- New York Mets
    2021- Seattle Mariners, Texas Rangers

Armadillo: Friday's Den: Random stuff with the weekend here……..

13) Kyle Gibson is pitching for the Texas Rangers tonight; he is 3-0, 1.67 in his last eight starts, and seems like a shoo-in to make the All-Star team this summer. Not bad for a who got KO’d from his first start this season in the first inning, giving up five runs to Kansas City.

Did he suddenly make adjustments? Did he just have a bad day Opening Day?

12) Seattle Mariners are hitting .198 as a team; the whole team. Some of these over-educated fools who get hired to run big league squads put together bad rosters, simple as that.

The people in Texas decided that having Joey Gallo/Khris Davis back/back in the same was somehow a good idea— why? They’re both all or nothing guys, mostly nothing.

11) There are several reasons why scoring in baseball is down:
    — The baseball is a little less lively.
    — Guys try too hard to hit home runs.
    — Not enough guys take hits by going against the shift.

But to me, the biggest reason is that only the best pitchers are allowed to face hitters a third time thru the order. If a hitter faces a different pitcher every time, up, its a lot harder to hit.

Tampa Bay’s Josh Fleming has been taken out of two games this season, when he was throwing a shutout in the 6th inning— he had thrown 65-53 pitches, but faced 18-16 hitters.

10) Dodgers 3, Arizona 2— Albert Pujols hit his first home run as a Dodger.

9) Wizards 142, Pacers 115— Washington scored 48 points in the third quarter; how does an NBA team that is playing to extend its season give up 48 points in 12:00? Seriously?

8) Atlanta Hawks’ coach Nate McMillan said “the NBA wants the Knicks in the playoffs, they need the Knicks in the playoffs” somehow that spouting of truth cost him $25,000. How do you fine someone for saying something that is true?

7) Rough week for the Minnesota Twins:
    — Monday-Wednesday, lost two of three at home to the White Sox.
    — Flew to California, split a makeup twinbill with the Angels Thursday
    — Open a weekend series in Cleveland tonight.

6) if the baseball playoffs started today (they don’t):
    NL— Mets, Cardinals, Giants. Wild Card: Dodgers @ Padres
    AL— Red Sox, White Sox, Astros. Wild Card: Rays vs A’s

5) If someone asked me which NFL team had the highest-paid center, I would’ve been wrong with my guesses. Very wrong.

Detroit Lions gave C Frank Ragnow a four year, $54M deal; he is the NFL’s highest-paid center.

4) Corey Conners is the 8th player since 1983 to lead the PGA Championship by multiple strokes after Round 1. None of the previous seven went on to win that tournament; last player who did?

Raymond Floyd (led by 3) in 1982 at Southern Hills.

3) When Drew Pearson gets inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in July, his presenter will be Roger Staubach, his QB with the Cowboys.

When you get inducted, you get to choose who introduces you; it is filmed now instead of live, because Steve Young’s father wouldn’t shut up when he was introducing his son a few years ago, but it is still a great honor.

I’m convinced that if Roger Staubach had wanted to enter politics after he played football, he would’ve eventually been elected President, that’s how highly respected he is, having gone to the Naval Academy and then serving four years in the Navy before his NFL days.

2) Happy 94th birthday to Bud Grant, former Vikings’ coach who also played in the NBA; he played in the lowest-scoring NBA game ever, for the Minneapolis Lakers.

Bud Grant’s Vikings made my teenage years a less happy place; the Rams never could beat his teams in the playoffs, except once in the late 70’s. But then they’d lose in the Super Bowl and I’d laugh- they were a 17-point favorite when they lost Super Bowl IV to the Chiefs.

Anyway, happy birthday coach, even though you ruined my 10th birthday (23-20, Vikings)

1) People pay $49 a month for that Peloton exercise bike, so the lady can yell at you while you pedal away; this is a good thing? I drink Cherry Coke while I ride my exercise bike, no one yells at me, and I save $49 a month. Advantage, me.

Comment

Comment

41WASHINGTON -42 BOSTON
        WASHINGTON is 7-0 ATS (7 Units) in road games after failing to cover 2 of their last 3 against the spread in the current season.

43CAROLINA -44 NASHVILLE
        NASHVILLE is 7-1 ATS (5.9 Units) in home games after allowing 2 goals or more in the third period last game in the current season.

45WINNIPEG -46 EDMONTON
        WINNIPEG is 10-2 ATS (7.8 Units) at home when the total is 5.5 in the current season.

47COLORADO -48 ST LOUIS
        ST LOUIS are 10-15 ATS (-12.7 Units) in home games against mistake free teams - opponents average <=4 power plays/game in the current season.

NHL
        Dunkel

Friday, May 21

NHL

Friday, May 21

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Trend Report
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Washington @ Boston
        Washington
        Washington is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Washington's last 6 games
        Boston
        Boston is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games at home
        Boston is 14-6 SU in its last 20 games

Carolina @ Nashville
        Carolina
        Carolina is 15-3 SU in its last 18 games when playing Nashville
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Carolina's last 6 games when playing Nashville
        Nashville
        Nashville is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games at home
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Nashville's last 6 games when playing Carolina

Winnipeg @ Edmonton
        Winnipeg
        Winnipeg is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Edmonton
        Winnipeg is 18-7 ATS in its last 25 games on the road
        Edmonton
        Edmonton is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing Winnipeg
        Edmonton is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Winnipeg

Colorado @ St. Louis
        Colorado
        Colorado is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
        Colorado is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
        St. Louis
        St. Louis is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games at home
        St. Louis is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games at home

Comment

Working...
        X