• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday's NHL Trends and Indexes - 5/16

Trends and Indexes

Sunday, May 16

Good Luck on day #136 of 2021!

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

NHL SAGARIN RATINGS

NHL Matchups

NHL Database

NHL Hot and Not

SPORTS MATCHUPS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo: Sunday's six-pack

MLB leaders in RBI:
    33— JD Martinez Bos, Jose Abreu CWS
    32— Jesus Aguilar, Mia
    31— Trey Mancini Blt, Rafael Devers Bos
    30— Mitch Haniger Sea, Yuli Gurriel Hst
    29— Jared Walsh, LAA
    28— Guerrero, Grichuk, Peralta

Armadillo: Sunday's Den: Wrapping up a sports Saturday

13) Tough day physically for some baseball stars:
    — Bryce Harper has a bad shoulder, is day-to-day.
    — JT Realmuto has a left wrist issue, is day-to-day.
    — Corey Seager broke his right hand, is done for a while.

In a related issue, we’re all day-to-day.

12) Phillies have scored at least one first inning run 10 of their last 13 games, but with their two biggest stars banged up, that seems less likely to happen for a while.

11) Takes a lot of players for a team to make the playoffs in baseball, more than the 26 on a roster at one time. The 2012 A’s made an unlikely run to the playoffs with a lot of late-inning wins, one of which was when a guy named Brandon Hicks hit a walk-off homer vs Texas.

Hicks hit one of the biggest homers of that season for the A’s, but he only batted for them 70 times that whole season— a very unlikely hero.

10) Underrated TV channel is AMC, #254 on DirecTV. Did my writing tonight while watching Moneyball and A Few Good Men, two excellent movies.

9) Eagles-Cowboys have played on Sunday Night Football once every year since 2010, but this year they won’t, they’ll meet on Monday Night Football instead, in Week 3.

Sunday night games have become higher profile than the Monday night matchups; both those teams had losing records last year, which is probably why they got shuffled to Monday.

8) Albert Pujols is going to sign a deal with the Dodgers, to provide a bat off the bench; will he be their DH next year, when the universal DH probably kicks in for every team?

7) Last six times I’ve been to a McDonald’s (two different ones) the milkshake machine only worked once. This is a problem; their milkshakes are very good.

6) The Jimmy John’s commercials with Brad Garrett have become annoying; they’re on a lot, and they’re not funny.

5) I’ve been a big Bill James fan since I was in college; have always bought his books and read them. Don’t always agree with what he says, but he’s had a great impact on baseball, which is pretty awesome for a guy who was a security guard at a pork and beans company when he started writing those books.

In 1983, I wrote Bill James a letter and he answered me back, a hand-written note that is still around here somewhere. I’m wondering if/when things in baseball will start swinging back towards more traditional baseball thinking.

Will bullpens get worn out later this summer? Do starting pitchers need to be trained to go deeper into games? Is so much shifting a good idea? (Hopefully, shifting will be banned or greatly reduced soon).

4) Pirates 8, Giants 6— San Francisco led 6-2 in 7th inning, but Jacob Stallings hit a walk-off homer to send everyone home happy. Stallings’ father Kevin used to be the basketball coach at Vanderbilt and Pitt.

3) Tigers 9, Cubs 8— Chicago is 5-12 on the road; they’re going to be an interesting team to follow in July. Will they have a fire sale? Bryant/Rizzo would bring back a pretty good haul.

2) Astros 6, Rangers 5— Houston has won eight of its last ten games.

1) Six years ago today, we lost my dad, a very sad night. He was a great friend, an honest guy who loved to play golf and root for the Mets. I miss him every day.

Comment

Comment

61CALGARY -62 VANCOUVER
        CALGARY is 8-14 ATS (-11.9 Units) against terrible defensive teams - allowing 3+ goals/game in the current season.

63NY ISLANDERS -64 PITTSBURGH
        PITTSBURGH is 12-1 ATS (10.9 Units) in home games after playing 2 consecutive home games in the current season.

65TAMPA BAY -66 FLORIDA
        FLORIDA is 34-17 ATS (13.8 Units) against mistake free teams - opponents average <=4 power plays/game in the current season.

67MINNESOTA -68 VEGAS
        VEGAS are 26-4 ATS (19 Units) against poor defensive teams - allowing 2.85+ goals/game in the current season.

NHL
        Dunkel

Sunday, May 16

NHL

Sunday, May 16

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Trend Report
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NY Islanders @ Pittsburgh
        NY Islanders
        NY Islanders is 9-3 ATS in its last 12 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Islanders's last 7 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
        Pittsburgh
        Pittsburgh is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games at home
        Pittsburgh is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing NY Islanders

Minnesota @ Vegas
        Minnesota
        Minnesota is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Vegas
        Minnesota is 7-1 ATS in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Vegas
        Vegas
        Vegas is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games at home
        Vegas is 15-3 SU in its last 18 games

Tampa Bay @ Florida
        Tampa Bay
        The total has gone OVER in 15 of Tampa Bay's last 20 games when playing Florida
        The total has gone OVER in 7 of Tampa Bay's last 10 games when playing on the road against Florida
        Florida
        Florida is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
        Florida is 11-1 SU in its last 12 games at home

Calgary @ Vancouver
        Calgary
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Calgary's last 5 games on the road
        Calgary is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
        Vancouver
        The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Vancouver's last 5 games
        The total has gone OVER in 6 of Vancouver's last 9 games when playing at home against Calgary

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X