• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday's NHL Trends and Indexes - 5/11

Trends and Indexes

Tuesday, May 11

Good Luck on day #131 of 2021!

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

NHL SAGARIN RATINGS

NHL Matchups

NHL Database

NHL Hot and Not

SPORTS MATCHUPS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo: Tuesday's six-pack

Thru Sunday’s games, most profitable baseball teams to bet on ($100/game):
    +$784- Red Sox
    +$724- Rangers
    +$686- Mariners
    Least profitable teams to bet on ($100/game):
    -$1,142- Twins
    -$808- Tigers
    -$773- Rockies
    Americans who have died from COVID-19: 581,756
    PLEASE
    wear a mask (over your nose/mouth) when you go out.

Armadillo: Tuesday's Den: Nobody asked me, but……...

— I’m sitting here in the middle of the night, about to turn the TV off and listen to music while I put this together, and what do I find but a spring football league on FS1.

It is called the Spring League, and it has eight teams in it. I think they played in the Alamodome in San Antonio last year- this game was at Rice Stadium in Houston, which once hosted a Super Bowl (Dolphins over Vikings maybe???)

FS1 had their best college football announcers calling the game, so I watched for a while.

— Watched some of this last year; there are guys in it who have played in the NFL, including QB Ryan Mallett, who hasn’t played pro football since 2017. He started eight games for Texans/Ravens in 2014-15, then kind of went away. Now he is trying to make a comeback.

— There was a kicker from the CFL with a very long name who kicked four field goals, including a 59-yarder; hard to believe he won’t get an invite to an NFL camp. You make 59-yard field goals and it doesn’t matter if you’re in the California Penal League, the NFL will find you.

— Kevin Gilbride was coaching one of the teams; the guy will be 70 in August, he hasn’t been in the NFL since 2013, but he’s still out there coaching, trying to get guys to the next level.

— One of the teams is called the Jousters, which is a tremendous nickname. Good logo, too.

— So the Jousters give up a 65-yard TD pass, but the receiver has to be a show-off and drops the ball right at the goal line, it was really hard to tell if he had crossed the line or not, they review the play and say it was a touchdown.

This is a pet peeve of mine; you’re playing in front of no fans, except on TV, busting your butt to make it to an NFL camp- after you make a great play to score a touchdown, you do something STUPID to risk that touchdown not counting.

Coaches who lose get fired; teams that fumble on the 1-yard line lose.

Anyway, sounds like The Spring League will be on the next few weeks, which is good.

— I’ve never had coffee, ever; am I the only person who has never had it?

My parents drank it, but to me, coffee grounds looked like mud, and why would you drink something that came from mud?

I worked for the Division of Criminal Justice in Albany for 34 years; had a boss once who always and I mean always, had a coffee mug in his hand. It was like it was permanently attached to his hand. He was a good guy, let us be us, but damn he drank a lot of coffee.

— I’m a big believer that they should re-do how basketball assists are measured.

If a pass leads to a 3-point basket, it should be 1.5 assists, since 3 points is more than 2.

If a pass leads to free throws, it should be 0.5 assists for every foul shot made; those points count just as much as baskets made.

I used to keep track of assist opportunities, how many assists guys would have had if all the shots had been made— some guys create easier shots with their passes.

5) Warriors 119, Jazz 116— Here is Golden State’s record, based on Steph Curry’s scoring:
    — 8-2 if he scores 40+
    — 16-9 if he scores 35+. He had 36 in this game.
    — 10-14 if he scores less than 30
    — 5-8 if he scores less than 25.

4) Only once in their last 13 games has the Padres’ starting pitcher finished the 6th inning; their bullpen is going to be worn out by August, unless they trade for new guys.

3) In their last 19 games, Dodgers are 0-6 in games where the winning run scores from the 7th inning on- they’ve lost 15 of last 20 games overall.

2) Celtics’ star Jaylen Brown tore a ligament in his wrist, is out for the year.

1) Las Vegas Raiders’ backup QB Marcus Mariota is from Hawai’i; he went to St Louis HS, where his backup was Ka’ai Tom, who last night played leftfield and batted 3rd for the Pirates.

Pretty good high school team, with two major league athletes on it.

Comment

23BOSTON -24 WASHINGTON
      BOSTON is 231-218 ATS (47.9 Units) in road games against good offensive teams - scoring 2.85+ goals/game since 1996.

25VANCOUVER -26 WINNIPEG
      WINNIPEG is 0-6 ATS (-7 Units) in home games against mistake free teams - opponents average <=4 power plays/game in the 2nd half of the year in the current season.

NHL
      Dunkel

Tuesday, May 11

NHL

Tuesday, May 11

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Trend Report
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boston @ Washington
      Boston
      Boston is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games
      The total has gone OVER in 5 of Boston's last 7 games when playing Washington
      Washington
      The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington's last 5 games at home
      Washington is 10-3 SU in its last 13 games when playing at home against Boston

Vancouver @ Winnipeg
      Vancouver
      The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Vancouver's last 8 games when playing on the road against Winnipeg
      The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Vancouver's last 11 games when playing Winnipeg
      Winnipeg
      The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Winnipeg's last 8 games when playing at home against Vancouver
      Winnipeg is 15-3 SU in its last 18 games when playing Vancouver

Comment

Working...
      X