• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday's NHL Trends and Indexes - 4/24

Trends and Indexes

Saturday, April 24

Good Luck on day #114 of 2021!

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

NHL SAGARIN RATINGS

NHL Matchups

NHL Database

NHL Hot and Not

SPORTS MATCHUPS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The people who influence you are the people who believe in you.

Comment

Armadillo: Saturday's six-pack

Major league leaders in batting average (minimum 30 AB’s):
      .429— Yermin Mercedes, CWS
      .408— Brandon Nimmo, NYM
      .394— Ronald Acuna Jr, Atl
      .393— Mike Trout, LAA
      .382— Jesse Winker, Cin
      .381— Vladimir Guerrero Jr, Tor

Americans who have died from COVID-19: 570,987
      PLEASE wear a mask (over your nose/mouth) when you go out.

Armadillo: Saturday's Den: Clearing out a cluttered mind…….

— Got my first vaccine shot Friday morning. Allow me to preach for a few minutes:

Left my house at 9:15am; walked back in the house at 10:17am.

Drove to a ****, walked into the clearly marked area; military people were all over to guide me to the right place.

Gave the people my information, waited on line for a few minutes, got my shot, sat in a waiting area for 15 minutes and decompressed, then I went home.

Second shot is in three weeks; very simple process. Very well-organized site.

I encourage EVERYONE to get vaccinated, so our lives can get back to normal.

— One of the amusing things about being old(ER) is how young people sometimes talk to me.

I gave the guy my phone number to put in the computer; “Is that a landline or a cellphone?”
      “Sir, do you have E. MAIL?” Like it is a foreign language or something.

Oy.

— Over the last four seasons, Jacob deGrom has 33 no-decisions in 80 starts; his ERA in those 33 no-decisions is 1.74, which is pretty remarkable.

— Los Angeles Dodger pinch hitters are 0-18 this season, with two walks.

— Dodgers’ SS Corey Seager is 11-20 against Colorado this season.
      Corey Seager is 1-21 against San Diego this season.

— Dodgers have been favored to win their last 99 games, the longest-such streak in the last five years.

— Friday night. Tampa Bay P Tyler Glasnow became the first big league pitcher since 1902 (1902!!!) to give up 4+ runs in the first inning of a game, while also striking out four batters in that same inning.

— Thursday night, Seattle Mariners scored 7 runs on 3 hits; they’re the first team since 1994 to score 7+ runs on 3 or fewer hits.

— Houston Astros’ SS Carlos Correa is a free agent this winter; he’s already turned down a deal worth $125M over five years, figured he’ll make more than that in free agency.

Here’s the thing: Correa has played more than 110 games in a season ONCE in his career, and that was way back in 2016. One of the best abilities is availability; Correa has been productive in playoff games, but if you want to bank $30M a year, you need to be productive most every day.

— Kansas City Chiefs/Baltimore Ravens made a trade Friday:
      Chiefs get:
      — Pro Bowl tackle Orlando Brown
      — A 2021 2nd-round pick (# 58)
      — A 2022 6th-round pick.

Ravens get:
      — KC’s 2021 1st-round pick (#31 overall),
      — KC’s 3rd-round pick (#94)
      — KC’s 4th-round pick (#136)
      — A 2022 5th-round pick

— Memphis 130, Portland 128— These teams are playing each other three times in six days, which is very weird scheduling by the NBA.

— Random trivia: actor George Clooney is the nephew of the famous singer Rosemary Clooney; apparently, I’m the only person in America who didn’t know this.

— When I was a kid, people were always saying how you should aspire to be a doctor or a lawyer, jobs where you make a lot of money. Sound advice.

If I was advising a young person, I’d tell him to become a beer distributor; you still make a lot of money, and you ain’t ever going to run out of customers. Plus, it doesn’t require graduate school.

When I was a kid, two guys in my neighborhood drove Cadillacs:
      — Mr Reilly, who owned two funeral homes
      — Mr Oliver, the beer distributor

Comment

39NEW JERSEY -40 PITTSBURGH
        PITTSBURGH is 10-0 ATS (10 Units) in home games after playing 2 consecutive home games in the current season.

41COLORADO -42 ST LOUIS
        ST LOUIS are 1-8 ATS (-11.8 Units) in home games against excellent power play teams - scoring on > 19% of their chances in the current season.

43CAROLINA -44 FLORIDA
        CAROLINA is 8-0 ATS (8.7 Units) against good possession teams-averaging 3+ more shots on goal than opp in the current season.

45TORONTO -46 WINNIPEG
        TORONTO is 10-0 ATS (10 Units) in road games vs. winning teams in the current season.

47DALLAS -48 DETROIT
        DALLAS are 15-21 ATS (-12.9 Units) against poor power play killing teams - opp score on >17.5% of chances in the current season.

49MONTREAL -50 CALGARY
        CALGARY is 9-17 ATS (-13.9 Units) against poor defensive teams - allowing 2.85+ goals/game in the current season.

51WASHINGTON -52 NY ISLANDERS
        NY ISLANDERS are 14-3 ATS (10.1 Units) in home games against excellent power play teams- scoring on >17.5% of their chances in the current season.

53MINNESOTA -54 SAN JOSE
        SAN JOSE is 47-67 ATS (-26.7 Units) after one or more consecutive overs in the last 3 seasons.

55ARIZONA -56 LOS ANGELES
        LOS ANGELES are 14-7 ATS (10.7 Units) in home games against excellent power play teams - scoring on > 19% of their chances over the last 2 seasons.

55ARIZONA -56 LOS ANGELES
        TODD MCLELLAN is 14-7 ATS (6.3 Units) in home games against excellent power play teams - scoring on > 19% of their chances (Coach of LOS ANGELES)

Comment

NHL

Saturday, April 24

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Trend Report
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Jersey @ Pittsburgh
          New Jersey
          New Jersey is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
          The total has gone OVER in 8 of New Jersey's last 11 games
          Pittsburgh
          Pittsburgh is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games at home
          Pittsburgh is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing New Jersey

Colorado @ St. Louis
          Colorado
          Colorado is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
          Colorado is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing St. Louis
          St. Louis
          St. Louis is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
          St. Louis is 17-5 SU in its last 22 games when playing at home against Colorado

Carolina @ Florida
          Carolina
          Carolina is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Florida
          Carolina is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
          Florida
          Florida is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games at home
          Florida is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home

Washington @ NY Islanders
          Washington
          The total has gone OVER in 7 of Washington's last 8 games
          Washington is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing NY Islanders
          NY Islanders
          The total has gone UNDER in 6 of NY Islanders's last 7 games at home
          NY Islanders is 13-3 SU in its last 16 games at home

Montreal @ Calgary
          Montreal
          The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Montreal's last 6 games when playing Calgary
          Montreal is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Calgary
          Calgary
          Calgary is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Montreal
          Calgary is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Montreal

Dallas @ Detroit
          Dallas
          Dallas is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
          Dallas is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing Detroit
          Detroit
          Detroit is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Dallas
          Detroit is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Dallas

Toronto @ Winnipeg
          Toronto
          Toronto is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Winnipeg
          Toronto is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Winnipeg
          Winnipeg
          The total has gone OVER in 18 of Winnipeg's last 24 games when playing Toronto
          The total has gone OVER in 8 of Winnipeg's last 11 games when playing at home against Toronto

Minnesota @ San Jose
          Minnesota
          Minnesota is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
          Minnesota is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
          San Jose
          The total has gone OVER in 8 of San Jose's last 10 games when playing at home against Minnesota
          San Jose is 15-7 SU in its last 22 games when playing at home against Minnesota

Vegas @ Anaheim
          Vegas
          Vegas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
          Vegas is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games when playing Anaheim
          Anaheim
          The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Anaheim's last 7 games
          The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Anaheim's last 5 games at home

Arizona @ Los Angeles
          Arizona
          The total has gone OVER in 5 of Arizona's last 6 games on the road
          The total has gone OVER in 12 of Arizona's last 17 games
          Los Angeles
          The total has gone OVER in 7 of Los Angeles's last 8 games
          The total has gone OVER in 5 of Los Angeles's last 6 games at home

Ottawa @ Vancouver
          Ottawa
          The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Ottawa's last 5 games when playing Vancouver
          Ottawa is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
          Vancouver
          The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Vancouver's last 5 games when playing Ottawa
          Vancouver is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Ottawa

Comment

NHL
            Dunkel

Saturday, April 24

Comment

Working...
            X