• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday's NHL Trends and Indexes - 4/21

Trends and Indexes

Wednesday, April 21

Good Luck on day #111 of 2021!

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

NHL SAGARIN RATINGS

NHL Matchups

NHL Database

NHL Hot and Not

SPORTS MATCHUPS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.

Comment

Armadillo: Wednesday's six-pack

Odds to win the PGA’s Zurich Open (team event) this weekend:
      7-1— Rahm/Palmer, Schauffele/Cantlay
      9-1— Smith/Leishman
      14-1— Finau/Champ, Morikawa/Wolff, Watson/Scheffler
      20-1— Horschel/Burns, Kirk/Todd
      27-1— Willett/Hatton
      29-1— Bradley/Steele, Grace/Varner III

Americans who have died from COVID-19: 567,557
      PLEASE wear a mask (over your nose/mouth) when you go out.

Armadillo: Wednesday's Den: Mid-week musings……..

13) Now that transferring is all the rage in college basketball, I’m curious; how does it work?
      — Does the player reach out to the school, or the school to the player?
      — Is it legal for a coach to call a player at another school and try to poach him?
      — Are third parties involved?
      — Do players call other guys they know and try to get them to bolt to their school?

Last time I heard, there were over 1,300 names in the transfer portal for next year. Chaotic times in college basketball; would be a good Hard Knocks-type show to see how it all works.

12) Some of the more impactful basketball transfers this spring:
      — Kid from Davidson jumped to Kentucky; he is a shooter
      — Utah to Texas (Chris Beard is good at poaching)
      — Georgetown to Maryland (lot of people bolting from the Hoyas)
      — North Carolina to Auburn
      — Rutgers to UCLA

11) Penguins 7, Devils 6:
      — Pittsburgh led this game 6-0 after two periods.
      — If you took the Devils +1.5 goals, hope you didn’t rip the ticket up.
      — Penguins are first NHL team EVER to win a game, when they were outscored by 5+ goals in the third period. NHL teams are now 1-279 when outscored by 5+ goals in third period.

10) New York Knicks have won seven games in a row, covered ten in a row; Tom Thibodeau may be Coach of the Year in the NBA this year, as the Knicks figure to make the playoffs for the first time since 2013.

9) Last year, Atlanta Braves were 24-6 when they scored first; this year, they’re 3-5.

8) Guy named Brad Spielberger posted info on whether NFL GM’s tend to trade up or down in NFL Drafts. Some interesting stuff……..
      — Bill Belichick, Patriots 13 Up, 23 Down
      — Les Snead, Rams 9 Up, 15 Down
      — Rick Spielman, Vikings 9 Up, 24 Down

— Mickey Loomis, Saints 10 Up, 0 Down
      — Thomas Dimitroff, Falcons 12 Up, 3 Down
      — Dave Gettleman, Giants 5 Up, 0 Down

7) NFL schedule is usually out by now; think it isn’t being released for a couple more weeks, at least. Three things have to happen before I schedule my next vacation:
      — get my two vaccine shots
      — get my enhanced drivers’ license, so I can fly after October 1
      — see the NFL schedule, so I can pick the right weekend to go.

Halloween is a Sunday this year; that weekend is the early favorite for a visit.

6) NBA teams that go over the total the most:
      64.3%— Pelicans
      59.6%— Pacers, Nets, Bucks
      58.9%— Nuggets
      55.4%— Kings

5) Last four times Giants’ backup catcher Curt Casali started, San Francisco pitchers tossed a shutout. Maybe he should play more.

4) This is Austin Barnes’ 7th year on the Los Angeles Dodgers; he has a secure job as the backup catcher- he also plays some other positions. Barnes has never batted more than 262 times in a season, but LA made the playoffs in all six of his major league seasons, so could be they see him as a good luck charm.

3) Weird fact of the day: Remember the old TV series Columbo, with Peter Falk? He wore a scruffy overcoat all the time, and didn’t seem all that smart, until the last 20 minutes of the show, when he solved the crime every week.

Anyway, in Budapest, Romania, there is a statue of Falk’s Columbo character on a street corner. No idea why, but saw a picture of it yesterday.

2) Washington DC has more people living there than live in either Vermont or Wyoming.

1) Got a message the other day that I’ve been on Twitter for 12 years; time flies when you’re having fun. I spend a ridiculous amount of time scrolling thru Twitter, but I’ve learned a lot there and much like this site, it is free. You can’t beat free.

Comment

1NASHVILLE -2 CHICAGO
        NASHVILLE is 10-0 ATS (10.2 Units) against poor possession teams-averaging 3+ less shots on goal than opp in the current season.

5MINNESOTA -6 ARIZONA
        ARIZONA is 8-1 ATS (6.9 Units) in home games after allowing 4 goals or more in the current season.

7SAN JOSE -8 VEGAS
        VEGAS are 20-3 ATS (15.3 Units) against poor defensive teams - allowing 2.85+ goals/game in the current season.

77MONTREAL -78 EDMONTON
        EDMONTON is 10-0 ATS (10 Units) in home games against poor defensive teams - allowing 2.85+ goals/game in the current season.

NHL

Wednesday, April 21

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Trend Report
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nashville @ Chicago
        Nashville
        Nashville is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Chicago
        The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Nashville's last 7 games when playing Chicago
        Chicago
        The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Chicago's last 7 games when playing Nashville
        The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Chicago's last 8 games when playing at home against Nashville

Minnesota @ Arizona
        Minnesota
        The total has gone OVER in 5 of Minnesota's last 5 games when playing on the road against Arizona
        Minnesota is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Arizona
        Arizona
        The total has gone OVER in 5 of Arizona's last 5 games when playing at home against Minnesota
        Arizona is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home

San Jose @ Vegas
        San Jose
        The total has gone UNDER in 6 of San Jose's last 7 games when playing on the road against Vegas
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Jose's last 6 games on the road
        Vegas
        Vegas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing San Jose
        Vegas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games

Montreal @ Edmonton
        Montreal
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Montreal's last 5 games when playing Edmonton
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Montreal's last 6 games
        Edmonton
        The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Edmonton's last 5 games
        Edmonton is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home

Comment

NHL
          Dunkel

Wednesday, April 21

Comment

Working...
          X