• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday's NHL Trends and Indexes - 2/26

Trends and Indexes

Wednesday, February 26

Good Luck on day # 57 of 2020!

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

NHL SAGARIN RATINGS

NHL Matchups

NHL Database

NHL Hot and Not

SPORTS MATCHUPS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo: Wednesday's six-pack

NBA trends submitted for your perusal……

— Orlando covered five of its last seven games with Atlanta.

— Clippers covered eight of their last ten games with Phoenix.

— 76ers won their last five games with Cleveland by an average of 19 points.

— Last three Charlotte-New York games stayed under the total.

— Dallas covered six of last nine games with San Antonio.

— Under is 7-3 in last ten Memphis-Houston games.

Armadillo: Wednesday's List of 13: Mid-week musings…….

13) Flash back to October 20, 1991—Rams lose a tough game 20-17 to the Raiders; I wasn’t happy about the loss, which dropped the Rams to 3-4 at the time.

I announce right then that I will not have another soda, piece of cake/pie or candy/chips until the Rams win again, which I assumed would be the next week. Wrong.

Rams lost their last 11 games of the season, finished 3-13, and didn’t win another game until September 13, 1992. Not my finest moment.

12) You have to realize; when I worked for New York State, I’d usually be good for three 16-ounce Cokes a day, plus lot of Doritos or Fritos; I freakin’ loved Doritos, but for 11 long months, I didn’t have any. Drank a lot of water, ate lot of pastries. No bueno.

11) I remember on Thanksgiving 1991, I’m at a family dinner with my future ex-wife’s family, and one of her nieces, a 5 or 6-year old girl, walks in the room and hands me a piece of pumpkin pie on a plate. It looked really good, but I explained to her how the Rams hadn’t won yet so she had to bring the pie back to the kitchen. She gave me a strange look.

10) When the Rams finally won the next year, I was 26 pounds lighter than I was 11 months earlier. Learned my lesson; no more stupid statements when I’m ticked off.

9) King McClure is a TV analyst on ESPN; he is only 23 years old, having quit basketball at Baylor because he has the same heart condition that wound up killing Hank Gathers 30 years ago. McClure is a good analyst no matter what his age, but for age 23, he is really, really good.

8) New baseball rule:
    — Disabled list is still 10 days for position players, but 15 days for pitchers.
    — Same thing with the minor leagues; a position player has to stay in the minors for 10 days, and pitchers have to stay down for 15.

7) Upsets:
    — Wake Forest (+10.5) 113, Duke 101, 2OT
    — Northern Illinois (+3.5) 73, Eastern Michigan 71
    — Oklahoma (+3) 65, Texas Tech 51

6) If the people who run college basketball really want more scoring, a simple way to do that would be to put the NBA’s continuation rule into play. Makes the game more exciting, creates more highlights, and there really isn’t a downside to it.

5) Bronx P Luis Severino needs Tommy John surgery, will miss all of 2020.

4) Wake Forest 113, Duke 101 2OT— Blue Devils led by 9 with 1:21 left, but blew the game, as Demon Deacons end an 11-game losing streak against Duke.

Wake Forest became first Division I team in 19 years to have all five starters score 15+ points and grab 5+ rebounds in the same game.

3) Steph Curry will be back on the court when Golden State plays Washington this Sunday; Curry has been out since October 30 with a hand injury.

2) New Jersey Giants are talking about trading down from the #4 slot in the NFL Draft; since 1967, they’ve traded down in the first round once, so not real likely.

1) ESPN suspended a radio host in Cleveland after the guy called Baker Mayfield a “bleeping midget” when he didn’t know his mike was live on the air.

Apparently “midget” is now an offensive term; not really sure which one got the guy some time off, dropping an f-bomb on the air or insulting a really short person, but he is suspended.

Comment

27BUFFALO -28 COLORADO
      BUFFALO is 2-14 ATS (-10.8 Units) against good teams - outscoring their opponents by 0.3+ goals/game in the current season.

29PITTSBURGH -30 LOS ANGELES
      PITTSBURGH is 9-2 ATS (6.8 Units) in road games in non-conference games in the current season.

31EDMONTON -32 VEGAS
      EDMONTON is 10-4 ATS (10.8 Units) in road games vs. winning teams in the current season.

NHL
      Long Sheet

Wednesday, February 26

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUFFALO (29-25-0-8, 66 pts.) at COLORADO (36-18-0-7, 79 pts.) - 2/26/2020, 8:08 PM
      Top Trends for this game.
      BUFFALO is 232-250 ATS (+541.7 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season since 1996.
      COLORADO is 4-12 ATS (-9.3 Units) when playing with 3 or more days rest over the last 2 seasons.

Head-to-Head Series History
      COLORADO is 4-1 (+2.7 Units) against the spread versus BUFFALO over the last 3 seasons
      COLORADO is 4-1-0 straight up against BUFFALO over the last 3 seasons
      4 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+3.1 Units)

PITTSBURGH (37-18-0-6, 80 pts.) at LOS ANGELES (22-35-0-6, 50 pts.) - 2/26/2020, 10:38 PM
      PITTSBURGH is 6-15 ATS (-11.8 Units) in road games after a division game over the last 2 seasons.
      LOS ANGELES is 10-5 ATS (+17.5 Units) when playing with 2 days rest this season.
      PITTSBURGH is 20-6 ATS (+12.3 Units) in non-conference games this season.
      LOS ANGELES is 22-32 ATS (-13.9 Units) in home games second half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
      LOS ANGELES is 16-42 ATS (+59.7 Units) in non-conference games over the last 2 seasons.
      LOS ANGELES is 36-74 ATS (+114.7 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons.

PITTSBURGH is 4-1 (+2.8 Units) against the spread versus LOS ANGELES over the last 3 seasons
      PITTSBURGH is 4-1-0 straight up against LOS ANGELES over the last 3 seasons
      3 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+0.6 Units)

EDMONTON (33-22-0-7, 73 pts.) at VEGAS (34-22-0-8, 76 pts.) - 2/26/2020, 10:38 PM
      EDMONTON is 14-10 ATS (+26.0 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
      VEGAS is 80-73 ATS (+178.7 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.

EDMONTON is 5-4 (+2.3 Units) against the spread versus VEGAS over the last 3 seasons
      EDMONTON is 5-4-0 straight up against VEGAS over the last 3 seasons
      5 of 9 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Under=+0.7 Units)

Comment

NHL
        Dunkel

Wednesday, February 26

Buffalo @ Colorado

Game 27-28
        February 26, 2020 @ 8:00 pm

Dunkel Rating:
        Buffalo
        Colorado
        Dunkel Team:
        Dunkel Line: