• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday's NHL Trends and Indexes - 11/17

Trends and Indexes

Friday, November 17

Good Luck on day #320 of 2017!

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

NHL Matchups

NHL Injuries

NHL Hot and Not

NASCAR Schedule

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo: Friday's six-pack

More NFL trends with Week 11 upon us……

— New Orleans covered nine of its last 12 games.

— Bengals are 1-6-1 in last eight games as a road underdog.

— Atlanta is 8-2 vs spread in last ten games as a road underdog.

— Seahawks are 3-7-1 vs spread in their last 11 games.

— Falcons covered eight of last ten games as a road underdog.

— Ravens covered seven of their last nine post-bye games.

Armadillo: Friday's List of 13: Random stuff with weekend here……..

13) UCLA is on the hook for a lot of money, regarding the housing/feeding for a week of the three nitwits who stole stuff in China- they also have to check with the NCAA to make sure that paying for all of that won’t be a violation of NCAA rules, as far as the special benefits rules are concerned.

Next year’s China game is Yale vs Cal; you think those kids will get sick of hearing lectures about how they represent their families, school and country while overseas?

12) If it was my choice, I’d cap Roger Goodell’s salary at $32M a year, $1M from each team. If he can’t live on that and buy health insurance for his family, then go find another bleeping job.

11) Joel Embiid went off Wednesday night— 46 points, 14 rebounds, 7 assists, 7 blocked shots. Quite a performance; 76ers are fun to watch on the NBA League Pass.

10) Speaking of the 76ers, Robert Covington got a 4-year, $62M extension this week; not bad for a guy who playing in the D-League four years ago.

9) Mets said they may restrict most of their starting pitchers to two trips thru the lineup next year, the exceptions being deGrom/Syndegaard.

Two times thru the order is obviously 18 hitters; average pitches per at bat is around 3.9, we’ll round up to 4.0, so that is only 72 pitches per start for starting pitchers 3-5, which is going to put a huge amount of stress on bullpens. Will be an interesting experiment, if they try it.

8) Roy Williams is the first college basketball coach to win 400+ games at two different schools, Kansas and North Carolina.

7) Charleston junior F Jarrell Brantley is out 4-6 weeks wth a knee injury, bad mews for a Cougar squad that was picked to win the CAA this year. Brantley was a first-team CAA pick, so this is a big deal for them……….Rhode Island loses EC Matthews for 4-6 weeks with a broken wrist. This poor guy missed the whole season two years ago with an injury, too.

6) Arkansas fired AD Jeff Long, meaning that football coach Bret Bielema is just about out the door. Boosters want to go after Auburn coach Gus Malzahn, but why would Malzahn leave a better job in the same league?

5) Titans’ tackle Taylor Lewan, on Tennessee’s powder blue uniforms for Thursday’s game:

“When you look at us, it’s pretty self-explanatory – we look like Smurfs. But the Smurf look is solid. I don’t mind it. I think it is a pretty rad deal. Hey, it’s fun to switch it up every once in a while and have those funky uniforms. I think it’s pretty cool, I really do. I think you’ll find some guys love them, and other guys hate them. Personally, I don’t really care too much about what I am wearing during the game, but I do think it’s fun.”

4) Every time I see Grayson Allen play for Duke, I think he is somehow related to Ted Cruz, the guy who ran for President last year. They could easily be father/son, they look that much alike.

3) Celtics 92, Warriors 88- Boston is 14-0 since an 0-2 start, despite Gordon Hayward blowing his ankle out 5:00 into the season. NBA season is a marathon, but this is a remarkable streak Celtics are on, seeing how Kyrie Irving was also hurt during part of the streak.

2) Steelers 40, Titans 17— Mariota threw four INT’s, Steelers had five sacks, outscoring Titans 17-0 in 4th quarter. 19 of Pittsburgh’s 25 first downs came thru the air.

1) So Kevin Durant is upset because the Oklahoma City Thunder gave his old #35 jersey to undrafted rookie P.J. Dozier last month. Let him explain:

“I didn’t have that perspective at first. I didn’t have it when I went back to OKC. I was like, ‘F— all of them. I didn’t have it when they gave my number away. I was, ‘F— all of them.’ My best friend works for the team, I told him, ‘F— all y’all. That’s f—ed up.’ Then I had to get out of my head, tell myself, ‘It’s not that serious, it is what it is.’

“I understand it’s not my number anymore, they can do whatever they want with it, but you hand that number to a two-way player, you’ve got to be, like, ‘Nah, we’ve got too many good memories with this number, man.’ But at some point, that thing’s going to be in the rafters anyway; it’s all good. I did something they didn’t like. They did something I didn’t like. S— happens.”

Comment

NHL
      Long Sheet

Friday, November 17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NY RANGERS (9-8-0-2, 20 pts.) at COLUMBUS (11-7-0-1, 23 pts.) - 11/17/2017, 7:05 PM
      Top Trends for this game.
      NY RANGERS are 2-8 ATS (-7.9 Units) on Friday nights over the last 2 seasons.
      COLUMBUS is 37-17 ATS (+56.1 Units) first half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
      COLUMBUS is 14-4 ATS (+18.1 Units) on Friday nights over the last 2 seasons.
      COLUMBUS is 18-5 ATS (+12.7 Units) when playing with 2 days rest over the last 2 seasons.
      COLUMBUS is 27-17 ATS (+8.2 Units) revenging a loss versus opponent over the last 2 seasons.
      COLUMBUS is 19-7 ATS (+10.3 Units) when playing against a team with a losing record in the first half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
      NY RANGERS are 80-59 ATS (+139.5 Units) in road games in November games since 1996.
      NY RANGERS are 9-2 ATS (+7.0 Units) in road games after 3 or more consecutive overs over the last 2 seasons.
      NY RANGERS are 11-3 ATS (+14.2 Units) in road games after allowing 4 goals or more over the last 2 seasons.

Head-to-Head Series History
      NY RANGERS is 7-4 (+2.2 Units) against the spread versus COLUMBUS over the last 3 seasons
      NY RANGERS is 7-4-0 straight up against COLUMBUS over the last 3 seasons
      8 of 11 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+5.0 Units)

BUFFALO (5-9-0-4, 14 pts.) at DETROIT (9-8-0-2, 20 pts.) - 11/17/2017, 7:35 PM
      There are no Top Trends with records of significance that apply to this game.

Head-to-Head Series History
      BUFFALO is 5-5 (+0.9 Units) against the spread versus DETROIT over the last 3 seasons
      DETROIT is 5-5-0 straight up against BUFFALO over the last 3 seasons
      6 of 9 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Under=+3.1 Units)

NHL
      Armadillo's Write-Up

Friday, November 17

Rangers are 6-4 in their last ten games with Columbus; road teams won four of last six series games. Over is 6-2 in last eight series games. Rangers won three of last five visits to Ohio. New York won six of its last seven games; they split their last four road games. Eight of their last nine games went over total. Blue Jackets won last two games 2-1 in OT/SO; they lost last two home games. Last four Columbus games stayed under.

Buffalo won its last four games with Detroit; under is 5-1-1 in their last seven games. Sabres won three of last four visits to the Motor City. Buffalo lost six of its last eight games, last two in OT; they lost four of last five road games. Three of their last four games stayed under. Detroit is 5-3 in its last eight games, winning two of last three at home; under is 7-3 in their last 10 games.

NHL

Friday, November 17

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Trend Report
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NY RANGERS @ COLUMBUS
      The total has gone OVER in 5 of NY Rangers's last 5 games
      NY Rangers is 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games
      The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Columbus's last 5 games
      The total has gone OVER in 10 of Columbus's last 13 games when playing NY Rangers

BUFFALO @ DETROIT
      Buffalo is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Detroit
      Buffalo is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Detroit
      Detroit is 7-1 ATS in its last 8 games at home
      Detroit is 17-4 SU in its last 21 games when playing at home against Buffalo

Last edited by StarDust Bum; 11-17-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

NHL
        Dunkel

Friday, November 17

NY Rangers @ Columbus

Game 1-2
        November 17, 2017 @ 7:05 pm

Dunkel Rating:
        NY Rangers
        Columbus
        Dunkel Team:
        Dunkel Line: