• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday's NHL Trends and Indexes - 4/13

Trends and Indexes

Thursday, April 13

Good Luck on day #102 of 2017!

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

NHL Matchups

NHL Injuries

NHL Hot and Not

NASCAR Schedule

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo: Thursday's six-pack

Odds to win the US Open in June in Wisconsin

8-1— Dustin Johnson

9-1— Rory McIlroy

10-1— Jordan Spieth

12-1— Jason Day

15-1— Hideki Matsuyama, Justin Rose

20-1— Jon Rahm

Armadillo: Thursday's List of 13: Some of my favorite movie quotes……

13) “Who’s the u-boat commander?” From Risky Business, when the kid’s father’s Porsche winds up in Lake Michigan, and then in a repair shop to be cleaned up.

12) “I believe in the Church of Baseball. I’ve tried all the major religions, and most of the minor ones. I’ve worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms, and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I learned that, I gave Jesus a chance. But it just didn’t work out between us. The Lord laid too much guilt on me. I prefer metaphysics to theology. You see, there’s no guilt in baseball, and it’s never boring.”
    Susan Sarandon, from Bull Durham

11) “He’s a great player, but I don’t think we can get him in academically.”
    Jerry Tarkanian, playing himself in Blue Chips

10) “In ‘Confessions of a Winning Poker Player,’ Jack King said, ‘Few players recall big pots they have won, strange as it seems, but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career.’ It seems true to me, ‘cause walking in here, I can hardly remember how I built my bankroll, but I can’t stop thinking of how I lost it.”
    Matt Damon in Rounders

9) “I guess it comes down to a simple choice; get busy living, or get busy dying.”
    Tim Robbins from Shawshank Redemption

8) “……Who cares? I’ll tell you. Me. I’m not your best friend. I’m your only friend. I don’t make anything? I’m making you money. And lest we forget, that’s the only reason any of you became stockholders in the first place. You want to make money! You don’t care if they manufacture wire and cable, fried chicken, or grow tangerines!

You want to make money! I’m the only friend you’ve got. I’m making you money. Take the money. Invest it somewhere else. Maybe, maybe you’ll get lucky and it’ll be used productively. And if it is, you’ll create new jobs and provide a service for the economy and, God forbid, even make a few bucks for yourselves.

And if anybody asks, tell ’em ya gave at the plant. And by the way, it pleases me that I am called “Larry the Liquidator.” You know why, fellow stockholders? Because at my funeral, you’ll leave with a smile on your face and a few bucks in your pocket. Now that’s a funeral worth having!”
    Danny DeVito, in Other People’s Money

7) “It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. The hard… is what makes it great.” Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own

6) “You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to.” Jack Nicholson, from A Few Good Men

5) “Being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It’s not about winning. It’s about you and your relationship with yourself, your family and your friends. Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didn’t let them down because you told them the truth. And that truth is you did everything you could. There wasn’t one more thing you could’ve done. Can you live in that moment as best you can, with clear eyes, and love in your heart, with joy in your heart? If you can do that gentleman – you’re perfect!”
    Billy Bob Thornton in Friday Night Lights

4) “And you know Steve you get the feeling that Billy Chapel isn’t pitching against left handers, he isn’t pitching against pinch hitters, he isn’t pitching against the Yankees. He’s pitching against time. He’s pitching against the future, against age, and even when you think about his career, against ending. And tonight I think he might be able to use that aching old arm one more time to push the sun back up in the sky and give us one more day of summer.”
    The great Vin Scully, from For Love of the Game

3) “GOD LIKES ME! HE REALLY, REALLY, LIKES ME! WHAT A DAY! WHAT A FABULOUS DAY!”
    Richard Dreyfuss in Let It Ride

2) “You’re a goddamn quarterback! You know what that means? It’s the top spot, kid. It’s the guy who takes the fall. It’s the guy everybody’s looking at first – the leader of a team – who will support you when they understand you. Who will break their ribs and their noses and their necks for you, because they believe. ‘Cause you make them believe. That’s a quarterback.”
    Al Pacino, from Any Given Sunday

1) “Do whats in your heart, son. You’ll be fine.”
    Robin Williams, from Good Will Hunting

Comment

NHL
      Dunkel

Thursday, April 13

Calgary @ Anaheim

Game 15-16
      April 13, 2017 @ 10:30 pm

Dunkel Rating:
      Calgary
      Anaheim
      Dunkel Team:
      Dunkel Line:
      Dunkel Total:
      Calgary
      by 1
      Vegas Team:
      Vegas Line:
      Vegas Total:
      Anaheim
      Dunkel Pick:
      Calgary
      (+135); Under

Nashville @ Chicago

Game 13-14
      April 13, 2017 @ 8:00 pm

Dunkel Rating:
      Nashville
      Chicago
      Dunkel Team:
      Dunkel Line:
      Dunkel Total:
      Chicago
      by 2
      Vegas Team:
      Vegas Line:
      Vegas Total:
      Chicago
      5 1/2
      Dunkel Pick:
      Chicago
      (-170); Under

Toronto @ Washington

Game 11-12
      April 13, 2017 @ 7:00 pm

Dunkel Rating:
      Toronto
      Washington
      Dunkel Team:
      Dunkel Line:
      Dunkel Total:
      Washington
      by 1 1/2
      Vegas Team:
      Vegas Line:
      Vegas Total:
      Washington
      5 1/2
      Dunkel Pick:
      Washington
      (-200); Over

NHL
      Long Sheet

Thursday, April 13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TORONTO (40-27-0-15, 95 pts.) at WASHINGTON (55-19-0-8, 118 pts.) - 4/13/2017, 7:05 PM
      Top Trends for this game.
      TORONTO is 48-89 ATS (+153.6 Units) second half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
      TORONTO is 4-11 ATS (-8.4 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season this season.
      WASHINGTON is 55-27 ATS (+24.7 Units) in all games this season.
      WASHINGTON is 34-13 ATS (+13.7 Units) second half of the season this season.
      WASHINGTON is 0-6 ATS (-10.6 Units) when playing with 3 or more days rest this season.

Head-to-Head Series History
      WASHINGTON is 7-2 (+4.9 Units) against the spread versus TORONTO over the last 3 seasons
      WASHINGTON is 7-2-0 straight up against TORONTO over the last 3 seasons
      5 of 9 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+1.1 Units)

NASHVILLE (41-29-0-12, 94 pts.) at CHICAGO (50-23-0-9, 109 pts.) - 4/13/2017, 8:05 PM
      NASHVILLE is 41-41 ATS (-11.7 Units) in all games this season.
      NASHVILLE is 0-6 ATS (-6.8 Units) when playing with 3 or more days rest this season.
      NASHVILLE is 9-19 ATS (-15.1 Units) after a division game this season.
      CHICAGO is 50-32 ATS (+82.2 Units) in all games this season.
      NASHVILLE is 235-193 ATS (+26.4 Units) revenging a loss versus opponent since 1996.
      NASHVILLE is 195-170 ATS (+370.4 Units) after scoring 1 goal or less in their previous game since 1996.
      CHICAGO is 1-6 ATS (-9.8 Units) in home games when playing with 3 or more days rest over the last 2 seasons.

CHICAGO is 14-6 (+7.6 Units) against the spread versus NASHVILLE over the last 3 seasons
      CHICAGO is 14-6-0 straight up against NASHVILLE over the last 3 seasons
      10 of 14 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+5.5 Units)

CALGARY (45-33-0-4, 94 pts.) at ANAHEIM (46-23-0-13, 105 pts.) - 4/13/2017, 10:35 PM
      ANAHEIM is 53-24 ATS (+19.9 Units) in a home game where where the total is 5 or less over the last 3 seasons.
      ANAHEIM is 19-6 ATS (+10.3 Units) in home games second half of the season this season.
      ANAHEIM is 15-4 ATS (+8.5 Units) in home games after a division game this season.
      ANAHEIM is 410-410 ATS (-103.2 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record since 1996.
      ANAHEIM is 24-14 ATS (+7.6 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
      CALGARY is 45-37 ATS (+5.2 Units) in all games this season.
      CALGARY is 25-14 ATS (+11.0 Units) revenging a loss versus opponent this season.
      CALGARY is 43-33 ATS (+79.3 Units) after a loss by 2 goals or more in their previous game over the last 3 seasons.
      CALGARY is 16-5 ATS (+10.9 Units) after scoring 1 goal or less in their previous game this season.

ANAHEIM is 16-4 (+11.3 Units) against the spread versus CALGARY over the last 3 seasons
      ANAHEIM is 16-4-0 straight up against CALGARY over the last 3 seasons
      13 of 20 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+6.6 Units)

NHL
      Short Sheet

Thursday, April 13

Toronto at Washington, 7:05 PM ET
      Toronto: 18-23 SU after 1 or more consecutive unders
      Washington: 32-9 SU in home games

Nashville at Chicago, 8:05 PM ET
      Nashville: 0-6 SU when playing with 3 or more days rest
      Chicago: 10-0 SU after scoring 2 goals or less in 2 straight games

Calgary at Anaheim, 10:35 PM ET
      Calgary: 25-14 SU revenging a loss versus opponent as a favorite
      Anaheim: 21-24 SU off a win or tie in their previous game

NHL
      Armadillo's Write-Up

Thursday, April 13

Washington won seven of last eight games with Toronto; Maple Leafs lost their last five games in this building (under 3-1 in last four). Toronto won its last three road games; under is 3-1 in their last four games overall. Capitals won eight of their last ten games, four of last five at home. Last four Maple Leaf games stayed under the total. Toronto is in playoffs for first time since 2014, second time since ’04. Washington won four of its last five first round series- they’re in playoffs for ninth time in last 10 years.

Chicago won its last three games with Nashville (over 3-0-1); Predators lost four of last five games in Windy City. Nashville lost five of last seven games, three of last four on road. Under is 6-1-1 in their last eight games. Blackhawks lost their last four games, with two OT losses; they split last four home games. Under is 3-1-1 in their last five games. Nashville won three of last four first round series, after losing first five. Chicago won Stanley Cup three times in last seven years; they lost their first round series three of other four years.

Anaheim won nine of last ten games vs Calgary, winning last five games in the Pond. Over is 5-3 in last eight series games. Flames lost three of last four games; they’re 2-4 in last six road tilts. Ducks won four in row, eight of last ten games; they won last six home games. Over is 4-2-2 in their last eight games. Calgary is in playoffs for only second time in last eight years; they’re 1-4 in first round series since losing ’04 Cup Finals. Anaheim is in playoffs for 10th time in last 12 years; they’re 2-3 in last five first round series.

NHL

Thursday, April 13

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Trend Report
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7:00 PM
      TORONTO vs. WASHINGTON
      The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Toronto's last 6 games when playing on the road against Washington
      Toronto is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Washington
      Washington is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games
      The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Washington's last 6 games at home

8:00 PM
      NASHVILLE vs. CHICAGO
      Nashville is 1-9 SU in its last 10 games when playing on the road against Chicago
      The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Nashville's last 8 games
      Chicago is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games when playing at home against Nashville
      Chicago is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Nashville

10:30 PM
      CALGARY vs. ANAHEIM
      Calgary is 1-11 SU in its last 12 games when playing Anaheim
      Calgary is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
      The total has gone OVER in 12 of Anaheim's last 18 games when playing Calgary
      Anaheim is 9-2 SU in its last 11 games

Last edited by StarDust Bum; 04-13-2017, 01:05 PM.

Comment

NHL

Thursday, April 13

Thursday's NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Betting Preview and Odds

The Flames have not won a game in Anaheim since Jan. 19, 2004. They'll need one in this series if they have any hope of moving on.

The puck drops on the three remaining first round series in the NHL playoffs Thursday, with two 1-vs-8 matchups and one team looking to win in a city for the first time in over 13 years. We break down all the matchups to help you 'cap the Stanley Cup Playoffs like a pro.

Toronto Maple Leafs at Washington Capitals (-240, 5.5)

ABOUT THE MAPLE LEAFS (40-27-15, 37-43-2 O/U): Auston Matthews, who became the first NHL rookie to score 40 goals in a season since, well, Alex Ovechkin, didn't go it alone on Toronto's fifth-ranked offense as William Nylander (22 goals, 39 assists) and Mitch Marner (19 goals, 42 assists) finished tied for third in points among rookies with 61. While the kids are alright, veteran goaltender Frederik Andersen is expected to return to the crease for the playoff opener after being scratched from the regular-season finale following a bump in the head by Pittsburgh's Tom Sestito. Tyler Bozak and defenseman Roman Polak (lower body) returned to practice on Wednesday but rookie blue-liner Nikita Zaitsev (upper body) was ruled out of the series opener, leading to Martin Marincin likely being inserted into the lineup.

ABOUT THE CAPITALS (55-19-8, 36-31-15 O/U): For all of the publicity received by its high-octane offense, Washington features arguably the best defensive corps in the league that has surrendered the league's fewest goals (177) and fourth-fewest shots (2,282). Trade deadline acquisition Kevin Shattenkirk has meshed nicely with John Carlson, Matt Niskanen, Karl Alzner and Dmitry Orlov in front of reigning Vezina Trophy winner Braden Holtby. "The playoffs to me is more blocking things out as opposed to trying to be a hero," said Holtby, who became the third netminder in NHL history to record three consecutive seasons of at least 40 wins. "You work on your game throughout the year so that you are at your top coming into the playoffs."

LINE HISTORY: Despite the fact the Captials opened this game as big -210 favorites, bettors didn't think that was enough and have pushed the line to -240. Oddsmakers pegged the total for Game 1 at 5.5.

INJURY REPORT:

Maple Leafs - D R. Polak (Probable Thursday), G F. Andersen (Probable Thursday, head), D N. Zaitsev (Out Thursday, upper body).

Capitals - D J. Carlson (Probable Thursday, lower body), RW B. Connolly (Probable Thursday, illness).

TRENDS:

* Maple Leafs are 1-7 in the last eight meetings.
        * Capitals are 0-7 in their last seven games playing on three or more days rest.
        * Over is 4-1 in Maple Leafs last five road games.
        * Under is 4-0-1 in Capitals last five games overall.

Nashville Predators vs. Chicago Blackhawks (-170, 5.5)

ABOUT THE PREDATORS (41-29-12, 41-35-6 O/U): Although Pekka Rinne has not enjoyed his best season, he needs to be on top of his game for this series and showed he's on the right track by allowing a combined 14 goals over his last nine starts. Viktor Arvidsson had a breakout season with 31 goals (three against Chicago) and his total was matched by Filip Forsberg, who ratched up his game in the second half of the campaign but scored only twice in last year's postseason and has three goals in 16 career games against the Blackhawks. Center Ryan Johansen has seven assists in the five matchups versus Chicago.

ABOUT THE BLACKHAWKS (50-23-9, 37-32-13 O/U): Chicago already features plenty of offensive firepower and will get another boost with the return of 22-goal scorer Artem Anisimov, who returns to the lineup after a one-month absence and will center Patrick Kane and Artemi Panarin, who combined for 65 goals this season. Kane finished tied with Sidney Crosby for second in the league with 89 points and inflicted plenty of damage against the Predators this season with three goals and six assists over the past four meetings. Richard Panik and rookie Ryan Hartman each had hat tricks against Nashville this season.

LINE HISTORY: The Blackhawks hit the board as moderate -163 home favorites for Game 1 and have been bet up slightly to the current number of -170. The total is on the board at 5.5.

INJURY REPORT:

Predators - D Y. Weber (Questionable Thursday, upper body), C M. Fisher (Questionable Thursday, lower body), LW C. Wilson (Questionable Thursday, lower body), LW V. Fiddler (Questionable Thursday, upper body), C C. Jarnkrok (Questionable Thursday, lower body), D R. Josi (Questionable Thursday, lower body).

Blackhawks - D N. Hjalmarsson (Probable Thursday, personal), C A. Anisimov (Probable Thursday, leg), LW A. Desjardins (Questionable Thursday, lower body), D M. Rozsival (Out indefinitely, face).

TRENDS:

* Predators are 0-6 in their last six games playinng on three or more days rest.
        * Blackhawks are 9-1 in their last 10 games vs. Central Division opponents.
        * Under is 6-1-1 in the Predators last eight games overall.
        * Over is 10-2-5 in the last 17 meetings.

Calgary Flames vs. Anaheim Ducks (-155, 5)

ABOUT THE FLAMES (45-33-4, 34-37-11 O/U): Calgary swapped two picks at the 2016 NHL draft with St. Louis in order to acquire Brian Elliott, who answered a sluggish beginning by winning a franchise high-tying 11 consecutive starts from Feb. 21-March 19. "He's been really dialed in here, really this second half," Treliving said of the 32-year-old Elliott, who struggled to find the frequency with an 0-2-0 mark and an .868 save percentage in three meetings with Anaheim. Johnny Gaudreau (team-leading 43 assists, 61 points) recorded four points against the Ducks this season and joined defenseman Dennis Wideman with three (two goals, one assist) in the 2015 series versus Anaheim.

ABOUT THE DUCKS (46-23-13, 28-36-18 O/U): Anaheim is riding a 27-game home winning streak against Calgary, while captain Ryan Getzlaf (NHL third-best 58 assists, team-leading 73 points) heads into the playoffs on a roll after setting up 10 tallies and recording 11 points in his final seven games of the season. The former Calgary Hitmen star joined Corey Perry in making their playoff debuts against the Flames in 2006, with the former recording 10 points (two goals, eight assists) in 12 postseason contests versus Calgary while the latter has 11 (four goals, seven assists). Perry, who ended the 2015 series by scoring the overtime goal in Game 5, has five tallies and two assists in his last nine games.

LINE HISTORY: The Ducks opened this game as -155 home favorites and the line has yet to move off that number. Oddsmakers pegged the total for Game 1 at 5.

INJURY REPORT:

Flames - G C. Johnson (Questionable Thursday, leg).

Ducks - RW P. Eaves (Proabble Thursday, upper body), D K. Holzer (Questionable Thursday, personal), LW N. Ritchie (Eligible Saturday, suspension), D C. Fowler (Mid May, knee).

TRENDS:

* Flames are 0-27 in the last 27 meetings in Anaheim.
        * We'll say that one again in case you missed it... Flames are 0-27 in the last 27 meetings in Anaheim.
        * Ducks are 8-1 in their last nine games vs. a team with a winning record.
        * Over is 11-2-2 in Flames last 15 games playing on three or more days rest.
        * Over is 3-0-1 in Ducks last four games playing on three or more days rest.

Last edited by StarDust Bum; 04-13-2017, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X