• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday's NHL Trends and Indexes - 10/12

Trends and Indexes

Wednesday, October 12

Good Luck on day #286 of 2016!

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

NHL Matchups

NHL Injuries

NHL Hot and Not

NASCAR Schedule

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo: Wednesday's six-pack

— The father of Dodgers’ OF Andrew Toles was drafted 8 spots after Jerry Rice in ’85 NFL Draft; he played six years in the NFL.

— RIP Mike the Tiger VI, the LSU mascot who passed away Monday in Baton Rouge.

— Tim Tebow went 0-3 (3 groundouts) in his first game in the Arizona Fall League.

— Colin Kaepernick will start at QB for the 49ers Sunday in Buffalo.

— Dodgers 6, Nationals 5– Game 5 is Thursday in Washington.

— Cubs 6, Giants 5– Chicago scores 4 in 9th, advances to NLCS.

Armadillo: Wednesday's List of 13: Mid-week musings…….

13) I talk now and then about the fine line between winning/losing in the NFL; check out the Carolina Panthers, who went 15-1 LY, then lost the Super Bowl. Eight months later, they’re 1-4 and look lost. Panthers were -4 in turnovers last night in a 17-14 loss to the Bucs. Cam Newton is still in concussion protocol and the Falcons are three games ahead of them already.

12) Tampa Bay’s GM had to breathe a huge sigh of relief after last night’s win; he trades up into the second round to draft a kicker, but the kid goes psycho on him, missing several easy kicks, including a 35-yarder last night. Seems like kicking is a lot like golf; you can get the yips if you let things get into your head. Young man wound up kicking the game-winning FG Monday, so hopefully for him it’ll be smooth sailing ahead.

11) Eli Manning has already banked $206M in salary, most among NFL players. Shouldn’t Tom Brady be #1 on that list? I’m no Patriot fan, but still…….who has accomplished more in this era?

10) After giving this way too much thought, my verdict is that putting radios in the QB’s helmets is that has allowed young QBs to progress more rapidly than they used to.

The radios shut off with 0:15 left on the play clock but they get 0:25 from the coach after each play, maybe one idea after the play call comes in. It has to help, right?

9) Red flag on the Green Bay Packers; in their last four games, they’ve scored one offensive TD in the second half.

8) After five weeks, there are six NFL teams with 10+ TD drives of 75+ yards. The Kansas City Chiefs have one. One.

7) I read where President Obama has granted clemency to 590 federal prisoners this year, the most in one year of any President ever and he still has 12,000 applications to review before he leaves office in January.

Is this a good idea? Does Congress have any checks/balances on this? Putting 590 (mostly) drug dealers out on the street doesn’t necessarily seem like a great idea. I could be wrong, but why is this a good thing?

6) Washington Nationals’ backup 1B Clint Robinson gets his bats made at the Cooperstown Bat Company, right across the street from the Hall of Fame. Seems like a good idea.

5) I love to keep score of baseball games, was an official scorer in the minor leagues for two years about 100 or so years ago. With all the shifting going on, I would get a scoresheet with more space to write on and score the game according to where the ball hit.

For instance, a grounder to the right side of the infield would be 4-3, no matter who actually fielded the grounder, then I would make a note as to which position (2B, SS, 3B) actually fielded the ball. 5-3 doesn’t mean much to me, if the third baseman fielded the ball on the right side of the diamond. I would definitely take more notes on the actual scoresheet, but would change the scoring system to relate to region of field rather than the position of who actually handled the ball.

4) Heard a couple local baseball analysts this summer endorse robot umpires; please for the love of God, no. I’m just not in favor of it, its like when Little Leagues use pitching machines for games with 9-10 year olds, because kids that age suck at pitching.

Baseball is a huge industry; lets train the umpires so they do their jobs better. Just can’t stomach the idea of a computer calling a guy out to end the game, because I’m so incredibly paranoid I’d think the computers were programmed to favor the big-money teams. Don’t laugh.

3) Why in the name of Billy Packer is the ACC basketball tournament in Brooklyn next March? Why is this a good idea? There are 15 teams in the ACC, zero in NYC. Syracuse is in New York, but it is nowhere near the Big Apple. Just play the thing in Greensboro, where it belongs.

2) Perk of being the new basketball coach at Memphis. Tubby Smith’s playing partner in the pro-am at the Memphis Open last summer was Graeme McDowell, one of the biggest names to play in that event.

Jerry Tarkanian used to say he wouldn’t hire an assistant coach who owned golf clubs, he wanted assistant coaches to recruit and be around campus. Everyone is different, that is what makes the world so interesting.

1— When I was a kid we had three TV channels; 6, 10 and 13 (NBC, CBS, ABC); when baseball was on TV, especially in the playoffs, it was manna from heaven. Not much else to watch, even if we wanted to (we didn’t).

Monday, there were three games on, but all on different channels, MLB Network, FS1 and TBS. Hell, I live for this stuff and I still had to search for one of the games. People have a lot more choices nowadays; I have a ton of channels on DirecTV, with movies and good stuff on (and a ton of crummy stuff, especially in the daytime).

I know people who were in a hotel Monday and couldn’t watch two of the three games, because hotels don’t carry FS1 or the MLB Network. Baseball needs to make these games more accessible so people can see how good their product is, because playoff baseball is tremendous.

Comment

NHL
      Armadillo's Write-Up

Wednesday, October 12

Leafs @ Senators— Ottawa won its last four games with Toronto, winning last three by combined score of 13-3. Maple Leafs lost last five visits here, by combined score of 20-7. Over is 6-3 in last nine series games.

Blues @ Blackhawks— St Louis beat Chicago in 7 games in LY’s playoffs, after almost blowing a 3-1 series lead. Over is 3-0-1 in last four series games. Blues won three of last four visits to Windy City. Road team is 5-3 in last eight series games.

Flames @ Oilers— Calgary is 8-2 in its last 10 games in this provincial rivalry (over 6-4). Flames are 4-1 in last five visits here, with three of last four visits to Edmonton staying under the total.

Kings @ Sharks— San Jose dispatched LA in five games in playoffs LY; four of the five games were decided by one goal. Over is 5-2-3 in last ten series games. Kings are 3-2 in their last five visits here. Road team won eight of last ten series games.

Comment

NHL
        Short Sheet

Wednesday, October 12

Toronto at Ottawa, 7:00 PM ET
        Toronto: 13-42 SU in a road game where where the total is 5.5
        Ottawa: 45-40 SU in home games

St Louis at Chicago, 8:00 PM ET
        St Louis:
        Chicago:

Calgary at Edmonton, 10:00 PM ET
        Calgary: 37-32 SU vs. division opponents
        Edmonton: 23-54 SU first half of the season

Los Angeles at San Jose, 10:30 PM ET
        Los Angeles: 42-33 SU first half of the season
        San Jose: 22-32 SU in a home game where where the total is 5 or less

Comment

NHL
          Dunkel

Wednesday, October 12

Los Angeles @ San Jose

Game 7-8
          October 12, 2016 @ 10:30 pm

Dunkel Rating:
          Los Angeles
          San Jose
          Dunkel Team:
          Dunkel Line:
          Dunkel Total:
          Los Angeles
          by 1
          Vegas Team:
          Vegas Line:
          Vegas Total:
          San Jose
          Dunkel Pick:
          Los Angeles
          (+105); Over

Calgary @ Edmonton

Game 5-6
          October 12, 2016 @ 10:00 pm

Dunkel Rating:
          Calgary
          Edmonton
          Dunkel Team:
          Dunkel Line:
          Dunkel Total:
          Edmonton
          by 3
          Vegas Team:
          Vegas Line:
          Vegas Total:
          Edmonton
          5 1/2
          Dunkel Pick:
          Edmonton
          (-120); Over

St. Louis @ Chicago

Game 3-4
          October 12, 2016 @ 8:00 pm

Dunkel Rating:
          St. Louis
          Chicago
          Dunkel Team:
          Dunkel Line:
          Dunkel Total:
          Chicago
          by 1 1/2
          Vegas Team:
          Vegas Line:
          Vegas Total:
          Chicago
          Dunkel Pick:
          Chicago
          (-140); Under

Toronto @ Ottawa

Game 1-2
          October 12, 2016 @ 7:00 pm

Dunkel Rating:
          Toronto
          Ottawa
          Dunkel Team:
          Dunkel Line:
          Dunkel Total:
          Toronto
          by 1 1/2
          Vegas Team:
          Vegas Line:
          Vegas Total:
          Ottawa
          5 1/2
          Dunkel Pick:
          Toronto
          (+125); Under

Comment

NHL
            Long Sheet

Wednesday, October 12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TORONTO (29-42-0-11, 69 pts.) at OTTAWA (38-35-0-9, 85 pts.) - 10/12/2016, 7:05 PM
            Top Trends for this game.
            TORONTO is 13-42 ATS (+77.7 Units) in a road game where where the total is 5.5 over the last 3 seasons.
            TORONTO is 5-25 ATS (+37.7 Units) vs. division opponents over the last 2 seasons.

Head-to-Head Series History
            OTTAWA is 6-3 (+1.2 Units) against the spread versus TORONTO over the last 3 seasons
            OTTAWA is 6-3-0 straight up against TORONTO over the last 3 seasons
            6 of 9 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+3.2 Units)

ST LOUIS (59-33-0-10, 128 pts.) at CHICAGO (50-29-0-10, 110 pts.) - 10/12/2016, 8:05 PM
            ST LOUIS is 29-17 ATS (+11.5 Units) in a road game where where the total is 5 or less over the last 2 seasons.

ST LOUIS is 10-7 (+3.3 Units) against the spread versus CHICAGO over the last 3 seasons
            ST LOUIS is 10-7-0 straight up against CHICAGO over the last 3 seasons
            6 of 11 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=-0.0 Units, Under=-1.4 Units)

CALGARY (35-40-0-7, 77 pts.) at EDMONTON (31-43-0-8, 70 pts.) - 10/12/2016, 10:05 PM
            CALGARY is 120-119 ATS (+262.5 Units) in road games vs. division opponents since 1996.
            EDMONTON is 23-54 ATS (+84.3 Units) first half of the season over the last 3 seasons.
            EDMONTON is 13-45 ATS (+75.3 Units) vs. division opponents over the last 3 seasons.

CALGARY is 8-2 (+6.1 Units) against the spread versus EDMONTON over the last 3 seasons
            CALGARY is 8-2-0 straight up against EDMONTON over the last 3 seasons
            6 of 10 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+2.2 Units)

LOS ANGELES (49-32-0-6, 104 pts.) at SAN JOSE (60-37-0-9, 129 pts.) - 10/12/2016, 10:35 PM
            LOS ANGELES is 89-80 ATS (-36.8 Units) in all games over the last 3 seasons.
            SAN JOSE is 14-19 ATS (-11.7 Units) in a home game where where the total is 5 or less over the last 2 seasons.

SAN JOSE is 9-6 (+4.6 Units) against the spread versus LOS ANGELES over the last 3 seasons
            SAN JOSE is 9-6-0 straight up against LOS ANGELES over the last 3 seasons
            6 of 11 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+0.1 Units)

Comment

NHL
              Short Sheet

Wednesday, October 12

St Louis at Chicago, 8:00 PM ET
              St Louis: 18-11 SU as a road underdog
              Chicago: 36-33 SU vs. division opponents

Comment

Working...
              X