• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday's NHL Trends and Indexes - 5/26

Trends and Indexes

Thursday, May 26

Good Luck on day #147 of 2016!

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

NHL Matchups

NHL Injuries

NHL Hot and Not

NASCAR Schedule

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo: Thursday's six-pack

-- Giants 4, Padres 3 (10)-- Giants are 9-0 against San Diego this season.

-- Vin Scully turned down a chance to call the All-Star Game in his final season as a broadcaster.

-- Jackie Bradley Jr's hitting streak is now at 29 games.

-- Indians 4, White Sox 3-- Chicago is now 4-11 in its last 15 games, leads Indians by only a half-game in AL Central.

-- Sharks 5, Blues 2-- St Louis made Stanley Cup finals in their first three years of existence (1967-70); they haven't been back since.

-- Cavaliers 116, Raptors 78-- Another uninteresting game. The average margin of victory in these five games has been 21.8 points.

Armadillo: Thursday's List of 13: Doing some thinking out loud.......

13) Wednesday was the deadline for NBA prospects to drop out of the draft and go back to school-- at least 45 players have done that. Dillon Brooks, Tyler Dorsey both went back to school, making Oregon a national title contender next winter.

12) Purdue gets big man Caleb Swanigan back for next year: "I'm going back to school. I feel I'm only a 2nd round pick and I can do better than that. I love Purdue.'' Boilermakers still need better guard play, but Swanigan's return is important.

11) Clemson also got very good news that Jaron Blossonggame will return to school; Littlejohn Coliseum was re-done last winter, so Brad Brownell will be on the hot seat to make the NCAAs next year. When boosters kick in a lot of money to refurbish an arena, they expect results. With Blossingame, Clemson can make the NCAAs.

10) USC appears to be the big loser Wednesday; they lost two starters, their point guard and center, despite thought that neither one will get drafted. Trojans were going to be a top 15 team if both kids came back. Now they're out of the top 25. .

9) Similar bad news at Seton Hall, after Isaiah Whitehead stayed in the draft- had he stayed in school, he would've been a preseason All-American, and Kevin Willard is a much smarter coach. Whitehead may or may not get picked in the first round.

8) Los Angeles Rams will travel 32,072 miles this coming season, most of any team; even without their London trip, Rams would travel 5th-most miles in league.

7) There are six teams who will travel less than 10,000 miles this year, all from the two north divisions-- Lions-Packers-Bears-Ravens-Browns-Steelers.

6) Memphis Grizzlies offered their coaching job to Miami assistant David Fizdale, who has been an NBA assistant for 14 years. Grizzlies are tough team to work for; in last four years, they've fired a coach who went 56-26, then a coach who went 42-40 despite using 28 players, the most players an NBA team has ever had in one season.

5) Odubel Herrera, Yasiel Puig were both benched this week for not running balls out. Herrera returned to the lineup and homered Wednesday afternoon.

4) Rougned Odor punched an opponent in the face 11 days ago; when does he get suspended? Baseball does this so badly; by the time he gets suspended, we'll forget what he got suspended for. For that fight, the suspension should've been immediate.

3) Giancarlo Stanton is hitting .214 this year and is hurt again; this is his 7th year in the major leagues- he's played more than 123 games twice. I look at the guy and I see a WWE wrestler; he is too damn bulked-up to play baseball. Yes I'm bitter because he has been on my fantasy team since he was an 18-year old in the Florida State League, but how can a guy like this have only one season with 90+ RBI?

2) Imagine how bitter you would be if you were paying Stanton's salary? The meat of his big-money deal doesn't start for two more years-- starting in 2018, Stanton will make an average of $31M a year for 11 years, from age 28 to 38. Oy.

1) Matt Harvey is 3-7, 6.08 this season; he's allowed 73 hits in 53.1 IP. No bueno.

Comment

NHL
      Dunkel

Thursday, May 26

Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh

Game 25-26
      May 26, 2016 @ 8:00 pm

Dunkel Rating:
      Tampa Bay
      Pittsburgh
      Dunkel Team:
      Dunkel Line:
      Dunkel Total:
      Tampa Bay
      by 1
      Vegas Team:
      Vegas Line:
      Vegas Total:
      Pittsburgh
      5 1/2
      Dunkel Pick:
      Tampa Bay
      (+170); Over

NHL
      Armadillo's Write-Up

Thursday, May 26

Tampa Bay-Pittsburgh (3-3)
      Lightning won four of last five road games; four of those five went overtime. Home teams are 96-69 all-time in NHL Game 7's, 2-2 this year. Under is 7-2 in last nine Game 7's. Road teams are 4-2 in this series. Lightning won seven of last 11 games with Penguins, winning three of its last four visits here, but lost home game Tuesday to clinch series. Over is 11-1-1 in last 13 series games. Pittsburgh is 4-4 in its last 11 games, losing two of last three at home.

Playoffs tally: 1st round-- Home: 23-24, Over: 16-17-14
      2nd round-- Home: 16-9, Over: 11-5-9
      Conference finals-- Home 5-7, Over 7-4-1

NHL

Thursday, May 26

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Trend Report
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8:00 PM
      TAMPA BAY vs. PITTSBURGH
      Tampa Bay is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
      The total has gone OVER in 18 of Tampa Bay's last 21 games when playing Pittsburgh
      Pittsburgh is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games when playing Tampa Bay
      The total has gone OVER in 18 of Pittsburgh's last 21 games when playing Tampa Bay

Comment

NHL

Thursday, May 26

Trend Report

TAMPA BAY vs. PITTSBURGH
        Tampa Bay is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
        The total has gone OVER in 18 of Tampa Bay's last 21 games when playing Pittsburgh
        The total has gone OVER in 18 of Pittsburgh's last 21 games when playing Tampa Bay-------------------------------------------------------------------[/QUOTE]

The Trend Report is all I need. From this report I break down the numbers several more times and finally I arrive at a "probable" winner. Thanks for the S/U an d O/U stats! It saves me time since I usually only pick Over/Under winners when I do my math driven pick system.
        It Been A Long Strange Trip. I'd Like To Do It Again

Comment

NHL
          Long Sheet

Thursday, May 26

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAMPA BAY (57-35-0-6, 120 pts.) at PITTSBURGH (59-30-0-10, 128 pts.) - 5/26/2016, 8:05 PM
          Top Trends for this game.
          PITTSBURGH is 59-40 ATS (+14.1 Units) in all games this season.
          PITTSBURGH is 41-21 ATS (+6.7 Units) second half of the season this season.
          TAMPA BAY is 39-21 ATS (+10.3 Units) second half of the season this season.
          TAMPA BAY is 34-14 ATS (+14.9 Units) after allowing 4 goals or more over the last 2 seasons.
          TAMPA BAY is 31-13 ATS (+14.6 Units) after a loss by 2 goals or more in their previous game over the last 2 seasons.
          TAMPA BAY is 203-212 ATS (+452.0 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season since 1996.
          PITTSBURGH is 30-33 ATS (-18.4 Units) after scoring 4 goals or more in their previous game over the last 2 seasons.

Head-to-Head Series History
          TAMPA BAY is 7-8 (+0.6 Units) against the spread versus PITTSBURGH over the last 3 seasons
          PITTSBURGH is 8-7-0 straight up against TAMPA BAY over the last 3 seasons
          12 of 14 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+10.1 Units)

Comment

Originally posted by rhodyjoe View Post
            NHL

Thursday, May 26

Trend Report

TAMPA BAY vs. PITTSBURGH
            The total has gone OVER in 18 of Pittsburgh's last 21 games when playing Tampa Bay-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Trend Report is all I need. From this report I break down the numbers several more times and finally I arrive at a "probable" winner. Thanks for the S/U an d O/U stats! It saves me time since I usually only pick Over/Under winners when I do my math driven pick system.
            You're welcome Rhody! I'm glad it's helping!

Comment

NHL
              Short Sheet

Thursday, May 26

Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh, 8:05 PM ET
              Tampa Bay: 10-0 SU off a home loss by 2 goals or more
              Pittsburgh: 27-35 SU after playing a game where 7 or more total goals were scored

Comment

NHL

Thursday, May 26

Thursday's NHL Conference Finals Game 7 betting preview: Lightning at Penguins

Pittsburgh will try to reach the finals for the first time since winning the Stanley Cup in 2008-09, when it won two Game 7s along the way.

Tampa Bay Lightning at Pittsburgh Penguins (A: +170, H: -200, O/U: 5.5)

Series tied 3-3

The Tampa Bay Lightning attempt to take the same route they encountered last year on the way to the Stanley Cup Finals when they visit the Pittsburgh Penguins for a deciding Game 7 on Thursday. The Lightning lost at home to the New York Rangers in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals in 2015 before winning on the road three days later as the franchise improved to 5-1 in Game 7s.

Brian Boyle said Tampa Bay must regroup and fellow forward Ryan Callahan reiterated the team’s confidence while Lightning coach Jon Cooper told reporters after Tuesday’s 5-2 loss: “They volleyed the ball into our court. Now it’s time for us to smash it back.” Tampa Bay, which is 5-2 on the road in the postseason and 2-1 at Pittsburgh in this series, was credited with 17 giveaways in Game 6 as the Penguins fed off their pressure and received a goal and an assist each from captain Sidney Crosby and Nick Bonino. Pittsburgh will try to reach the finals for the first time since winning the Stanley Cup in 2008-09, when it won two Game 7s along the way. “You go through different experiences, and realize how hard it is to get these kinds of opportunities,” Crosby said. “As a group, we’ve been through a lot, and we want to make the most of it.”

TV:
                8 p.m. ET, NBC Sports Network, CBC, TVAS

PROBABLE GOALIES:

Lightning - Andrei Vasilevskiy (W/L: 3-3, GAA: 2.88, SAVE %: .913)

Penguins - Matthew Murray (W/L: 10-4, GAA: 2.30, SAVE %: .926)

ABOUT THE LIGHTNING (57-35-6, 41-11 O/U):
                Defenseman Victor Hedman, along with forwards Tyler Johnson and Nikita Kucherov, had a combined minus-11 rating in Game 6 as three of Tampa Bay’s top players typified an uncharacteristic defensive effort. “We had some breakdowns,” Cooper told reporters. “If we’re going to advance, playing defense is going to have to be our mandate.” Kucherov leads the team with 11 goals and 19 points while the 6-foot-7 Boyle, who scored twice Tuesday to give him a career-high five tallies in the playoffs, is slated to play his 100th postseason game on Thursday.

ABOUT THE PENGUINS (59-30-10, 45-36 O/U):
                Pittsburgh coach Mike Sullivan went back to Matt Murray in net Tuesday and the rookie rewarded him with 28 saves for his 10th victory of the playoffs. “He has a demeanor back there, a calming effect on the group in front of him,” Sullivan told reporters of Murray, who turned 22 on Wednesday. “I think his performance speaks for itself. He’s been thrown into a tough situation, and he’s handled it extremely well.” Phil Kessel notched his sixth goal in seven games Tuesday and leads the team with 18 points in the postseason – three better than Crosby and Bonino.

TRENDS:

* Lightning are 5-1 in their last 6 road games.
                * Penguins are 10-2 in their last 12 Thursday games.
                * Under is 6-0-1 in Lightning last 7 following a home loss of 3 or more goals.
                * Over is 6-0 in Penguins last 6 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
                * Over is 21-4-3 in the last 28 meetings.

CONSENSUS:
                At the time of publication the Penguins are picking up 71 percent of the moneyline wagers for Game 7. When you look at the total picks, Over 5.5 is grabbing 59 percent of the action.

Comment

NHL
                  Long Sheet

Monday, May 30

SAN JOSE (58-34-0-8, 124 pts.) at PITTSBURGH (60-30-0-10, 130 pts.) - 5/30/2016, 8:05 PM
                  Top Trends for this game.
                  SAN JOSE is 31-32 ATS (-17.6 Units) after a win by 2 goals or more over the last 2 seasons.
                  PITTSBURGH is 60-40 ATS (+10.6 Units) in all games this season.
                  PITTSBURGH is 42-21 ATS (+7.5 Units) second half of the season this season.
                  SAN JOSE is 20-9 ATS (+9.5 Units) in road games second half of the season this season.
                  SAN JOSE is 12-4 ATS (+7.6 Units) in road games in non-conference games this season.
                  SAN JOSE is 44-27 ATS (+15.8 Units) in road games after 3 or more consecutive overs since 1996.
                  SAN JOSE is 17-8 ATS (+7.2 Units) revenging a home loss versus opponent this season.
                  SAN JOSE is 33-15 ATS (+14.1 Units) revenging a loss versus opponent this season.
                  SAN JOSE is 27-12 ATS (+13.0 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
                  SAN JOSE is 22-6 ATS (+14.6 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season this season.
                  PITTSBURGH is 72-95 ATS (-41.5 Units) when playing with 3 or more days rest since 1996.

Head-to-Head Series History
                  PITTSBURGH is 3-3-0 straight up against SAN JOSE over the last 3 seasons
                  3 of 6 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+0.0 Units)

NHL

Monday, May 30

Trend Report

SAN JOSE vs. PITTSBURGH
                  San Jose4-1-1 SU in its last 6 games
                  San Jose is 15-5 SU in its last 20 games when playing Pittsburgh
                  Pittsburgh is 18-7 SU in its last 25 games
                  The total has gone OVER in 4 of Pittsburgh's last 5 games

NHL

Monday, May 30

Monday's NHL Stanley Cup finals Game 1 betting preview: Sharks at Penguins

Although the Penguins have gotten to the Stanley Cup finals due to a balanced offensive attack, captain Sidney Crosby is still their leader both on and off the ice.

San Jose Sharks at Pittsburgh Penguins (A: +135, H: -155, O/U: 5.5)

Series tied 0-0

Although the nickname implies otherwise, superstar Sidney Crosby is no longer a kid as he leads the Pittsburgh Penguins into the Stanley Cup Finals for the third time in his 11-year tenure. While Crosby has a championship on his resume, the San Jose Sharks are in the Cup Finals for the first time beginning with Game 1 of the best-of-7 series Monday in Pittsburgh.

Crosby and fellow center Evgeni Malkin form one of the most lethal 1-2 combinations in the world, but the Penguins have relied on a deep and balanced roster to reach the Finals for the first time since winning the Cup in 2008-09. "We know how tough an opponent this is," Sharks coach Peter DeBoer told reporters. "They've got two of the best players in the world. They're a deep team. It's a great challenge for us." San Jose poses a daunting challenge as well, after scoring at least five goals in six of its 18 postseason games behind an imposing power play and a high-scoring No. 1 line led by captain Joe Pavelski. Both teams rely on speed -- "It's going to be fast hockey," Crosby acknowledged -- and feature head coaches and starting netminders who weren't with their respective clubs last season.

TV:
                  8 p.m. ET, NBC, CBC, TVAS

PROBABLE GOALIES:

Sharks - Martin Jones (W/L: 12-6, GAA: 2.12, SAVE %: .918)

Penguins - Matt Murray (W/L: 11-4, GAA: 2.22, SAVE %: .927)

ABOUT THE SHARKS (58-33-9, 51-38 O/U):
                  San Jose brought in DeBoer and made wholesale changes to the roster after failing to make the playoffs for the first time in 11 seasons and the results have been impressive -- all but one of the team's victories in the last two rounds of the postseason have been by a margin of at least three goals. Pavelski has been immense with a playoff-best 13 goals while playing alongside veteran Joe Thornton (15 assists) and Tomas Hertl, as has a power-play unit that has converted on 17-of-63 chances. Defenseman Brent Burns is third in the postseason with 20 points, trailing only Pavelski and Logan Couture, who leads all players with 24 points and 16 assists. Offseason acquisition Martin Jones has registered three shutouts in the last seven games.

ABOUT THE PENGUINS (60-30-10, 45-37 O/U):
                  While Crosby and Malkin each have 15 points, the team's leader is Phil Kessel, who has scored nine goals among his 18 points and is another reason why DeBoer calls the Penguins the "fastest team in the league." Linemate Nick Bonino, who has a team-high 12 assists, missed practice Sunday after he was hurt in Game 7 versus Tampa Bay, but coach Mike Sullivan insisted he "will be fine" for the series opener. Malkin's production has risen since he was paired with rookie speedster Bryan Rust, who scored both goals to eliminate the Lightning. Sullivan, promoted after Mike Johnston was fired in December, started Marc-Andre Fleury in Game 5 versus Tampa Bay before turning back to rookie netminder Matt Murray, who is 11-4-0 in the playoffs.

TRENDS:

* Sharks are 10-1 in their last 11 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
                  * Penguins are 5-1 in their last 6 vs. Western Conference.
                  * Over is 5-1-1 in Sharks last 7 vs. Metropolitan.
                  * Over is 6-1 in Penguins last 7 vs. Western Conference.
                  * Under is 5-1-1 in the last 7 meetings in Pittsburgh.

CONSENSUS:
                  At the time of publication of this preview, the Pittsburgh Penguins are grabbing 61 percent of the public picks and Over 5.5 is leading the way in totals wagering at 54 percent.

Comment

Working...
                  X