• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday's NHL Trends and Indexes - 11/4

Trends and Indexes

Wednesday, November 4

Good Luck on day #308 of 2015!

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

NHL Matchups

NHL Injuries

NHL Hot and Not

NASCAR Schedules

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys,

I have cataract surgery at 10:30 this morning 70 miles away. They want me there 2 hours early.

I apologize for the trends threads not being able to start until sometime this afternoon. I'll get to it ASAP.

Comment

I'm back but when I look at my monitor, all I see is a huge black spot. I guess I'll have to wait for that to clear befpre I can dp any wprk.

Comment

******* Super Situations™ - FoxSheets.com

NHL | FLORIDA at ANAHEIM
        Play On - Home Teams when the money line is -100 to -150 (ANAHEIM) after having lost 4 of their last 5 games, a terrible team (<=30%) playing a team with a losing record in the first half of the season
        57-18 since 1997. ( 76.0% | 34.8 units )
        2-0 this year. ( 100.0% | 2.0 units )

NHL | FLORIDA at ANAHEIM
        Play On - Home Favorites of -200 or less against the money line (ANAHEIM) after having lost 4 of their last 5 games, a terrible team (<=30%) playing a team with a losing record in the first half of the season
        62-18 since 1997. ( 77.5% | 36.5 units )
        2-0 this year. ( 100.0% | 2.0 units )

NHL | FLORIDA at ANAHEIM
        Play On - A favorite against the money line (ANAHEIM) poor closing team-outscored by opp by 0.2+ goals/game in third period, after a win by 2 goals or more
        108-42 over the last 5 seasons. ( 72.0% | 49.7 units )
        6-2 this year. ( 75.0% | 3.0 units )

Comment

Preview: Jets (7-4) at Maple Leafs (2-7)

Date: November 04, 2015 7:00 PM EDT

Though hardly a polished product, the Toronto Maple Leafs can take comfort in knowing they're capable of showing some resiliency.

Advertisement

Fresh off their initial home victory, the Maple Leafs look to win back-to-back games for the first time Wednesday night against the visiting Winnipeg Jets.

James Reimer yielded a soft goal 58 seconds after his team opened the scoring and Toronto (2-7-2) had a score taken off the board on a coach's challenge later in the first period, but the hosts never broke down Monday. Instead, the Maple Leafs scored the only two goals of the second and Reimer made 43 saves in a 4-1 victory over Dallas.

"That's really been the story ... just not getting those favorable bounces or hitting posts or getting goals disallowed," forward Nazem Kadri said. "We were able to battle a little bit of adversity."

The Maple Leafs weren't expected to have an easy start in coach Mike Babcock's first season, but they showed their mettle while snapping an 0-5-1 slide. Toronto scored twice on five power-play chances after coming in 2 for 27 with the man advantage.

"For us it's a process," veteran forward Brad Boyes said. "We've got to learn how to play with a lead properly. Get the next one, but not get too eager out there."

Joffrey Lupul scored two of his team-leading five goals and added an assist as the Maple Leafs broke out after totaling one goal in the previous two contests.

"Lupes, he's been working really hard this year ... He's been doing a lot of good things," Reimer said. "I think that's a case where when you do the right things long enough, eventually you get some results."

After helping Toronto yield its fewest goals of the season, Reimer will make a second consecutive start in place of banged-up Jonathan Bernier.

"I feel like I've been playing well this season, not getting a couple bounces," said Reimer, who is 2-1-1 with a 2.98 goals-against average as a starter. "(On Monday), I got a couple bounces, a couple posts and a couple that managed to hit me when I was sprawling."

A Manitoba native, Reimer is 0-3-0 with a 5.19 GAA in his last four starts against Winnipeg.

The Jets (7-4-1), who have earned five points in their last three games at Toronto, look to rebound after falling 5-1 at Montreal on Sunday. Averaging 29.6 shots entering that contest, Winnipeg was held to a season-low 19. Goaltender Michael Hutchinson was pulled for giving up four goals on nine shots.

"I can't tell you if (the Canadiens) were really good because we were really bad or vice versa," said coach Paul Maurice, whose team has yet to suffer consecutive losses in regulation. "We just didn't have any jump, and that's it.

"We've got to be a (heck) of a lot better in Toronto."

Maurice could go back to starter Ondrej Pavelec, who has won his last four starts against the Maple Leafs.

Teammate Blake Wheeler was held without a point for the second time this season Sunday. He had five goals and four assists during a five-game point streak against Toronto that ended with a 4-3 overtime road loss Feb. 21.

Comment

Preview: Blues (8-3) at Blackhawks (7-5)

Date: November 04, 2015 8:00 PM EDT

The Chicago Blackhawks have been much better at home than on the road. That's something the St. Louis Blues are all too familiar with.

Advertisement

The Blackhawks look to extend their home winning streak to seven games Wednesday night when these Central Division rivals meet for the first time this season.

Chicago (7-5-0) followed the raising of its latest Stanley Cup banner by losing 3-2 to the New York Rangers on Oct. 7. The Blackhawks haven't lost at the United Center since, outscoring opponents 17-6 during seven straight victories.

Their current streak includes a 9-3 scoring edge after the second period, including three unanswered goals in Monday's 4-2 win over Los Angeles.

"Going into the third down a goal, I think that's a big confidence boost for us, knowing we can come back, we can score goals," said Patrick Kane, who had one goal and one assist in the final 20 minutes. "We've been struggling to score 5-on-5 and we had three.

"That's a big step in the right direction. Hopefully it gives us some confidence."

Hosting St. Louis (8-3-1) should give the Blackhawks plenty of confidence. They're 14-1-2 in their last 17 matchups in Chicago, including playoffs. However, the most recent matchup there resulted in a 2-1 loss April 5.

Kane, who missed that meeting with a broken clavicle, has 29 points in 24 overall home meetings with the Blues, including six in the last three. He's collected 12 of his 16 points this season at home, recording at least one in each of the seven games.

Kane has four goals and six assists during a seven-game overall point streak.

St. Louis is opening a four-game road trip after concluding a 3-1-1 homestand with a 3-0 loss to the Kings on Tuesday.

The power play again was an issue for the Blues, who went scoreless on four opportunities and have come up empty on 21 attempts over the past six games. That unit is operating at a 9.5 success rate (4 for 42) to rank 29th in the league.

Reversing that trend will be difficult since the Blackhawks have killed off 16 of 17 opposing power plays at home.

"I've been here for 10 years and it's no secret; it's shots, traffic, rebounds and dirty goals," captain David Backes said. "I just think we're looking a little too pretty, and we gotta get back to hammering the puck, finding some rebounds, taking the goalie's eyes away."

Backes had a power-play goal at Chicago on April 5, but he has three goals and one assist in his last 11 games there. He's also off to a slow start to this season with two goals and two assists.

Vladimir Tarasenko leads the team with six goals, but he's only scored once on 24 shots and is a minus-4 in the past five games. He returned Tuesday after sitting out Saturday's win over Minnesota with a lower-body injury.

Brian Elliott is expected to start in net after Jake Allen made 31 saves Tuesday. Elliott is 4-0-1 with a 2.18 goals-against average this season, and 1-3-1 with a 2.54 GAA in five career starts at Chicago.

He won't have to deal with Marian Hossa, who is out for a second straight game with a lower-body injury.

Comment

Preview: Penguins (7-4) at Canucks (5-2)

Date: November 04, 2015 10:00 PM EDT

Looking back at a season-opening three-game losing streak, Pittsburgh Penguins coach Mike Johnston can understand why a team that seemed primed for an offensive onslaught this season struggled.

Advertisement

New players were getting used to a new environment and mainstays were acclimating to new teammates. Heading into Wednesday night's visit to Vancouver, there's no longer a need to provide reasons for failure.

The Penguins (7-4-0) have won seven of eight since with a shot at their first five-game winning streak since a seven-game run from exactly this time last year, though the Canucks (6-2-4) also seem to be turning things around.

Pittsburgh remained hot with Friday's 4-0 win in Toronto, its largest margin of victory this season and second straight game with four goals after failing to hit that point through nine games.

Newcomers Matt Cullen and Eric Fehr each scored their first with the Penguins and added an assist, and Patric Hornqvist scored in a second straight game after going without a goal through nine games.

"We had quite a few new players in the group. Every line was changed and every defense pair was different from the way we ended the season last year," Johnston told the team's official website. "I think the chemistry of the group is starting to come right now. ... Guys know their roles and know how they need to contribute. Our depth is really good in a lot of areas."

Marc-Andre Fleury wasn't bad on the season-opening skid as the team scored three goals, but he's been better since with two shutouts, a 1.29 goals-against average and .955 save percentage over a 6-1-0 span. He's also won four straight against Vancouver, though he's allowed 10 goals in the last three.

Special teams have also trended in the right direction with the penalty kill going 23 of 24 in the last eight games, while the power play is beginning to come around with a 2 for 4 mark in the last two after starting 2 for 31. Still, Fleury isn't making any bold statements.

"It was one of our better games in the past weeks," Fleury said after making 21 saves against Toronto. "From start to finish, our penalty kill, our power play looked good. I felt like our four lines contributed, did well. I felt pretty confident in (Friday's) game."

Vancouver has also displayed an impressive penalty kill, thwarting 90.6 percent of power plays for the season. The Canucks are 9 for 9 over a 3-0-1 span, which has coincided with their best offense of the season. After Monday's 4-1 home win over Philadelphia, they've averaged four goals over the span after reaching that level once through eight games.

Jake Virtanen scored his first NHL goal the day after the club announced he and fellow 19-year-old rookie Jared McCann would remain with the club beyond the nine-game mark, triggering the first year of their entry-level contracts.

McCann leads the team with five goals in 10 games, and coach Willie Desjardins thinks the feeling of no longer needing to audition could help.

"If I were those guys, I think I would feel a little bit more relaxed, but at the same time, in this league every shift there's pressure," Desjardins said. "If you have a bad shift, we're in trouble."

The Canucks won both meetings last season with an 8-0 scoring advantage after shutting out Pittsburgh once in their previous 108 all-time meetings. Ryan Miller earned the shutout in the game in Vancouver, but the 3.15 GAA he has in 26 games against Pittsburgh is his fourth highest.

At home, Miller started the season 0-2-3 with a 2.96 GAA, but he's since beaten Montreal and the Flyers with two goals allowed on 54 shots.

Brandon Sutter, traded from Pittsburgh to Vancouver in a three-player deal in July, has three goals and four assists so far with his new team, while Nick Bonino has two goals and an assist for the Penguins.

Comment

Preview: Panthers (5-4) at Ducks (2-7)

Date: November 04, 2015 10:30 PM EDT

Considering the Anaheim Ducks' miserable start, their latest victory won't mean much if they don't follow up with a similar effort.

Advertisement

The Ducks can do so by winning two in a row for the first time Wednesday night against the visiting Florida Panthers.

Chris Stewart had a goal and two assists and Frederik Andersen made 40 saves as Anaheim (2-7-2) scored three times in the first period of a 4-2 victory over Nashville on Sunday. The Ducks, who matched their highest goal total of the season, scored 10 in the first 10 games but have recorded three in the first period twice in the last three contests.

"That's how we have to play," said Stewart, who posted his first points in 10 games this season. "We were on our toes. We dictated (the play). We came out in waves. The whole team fed off it."

While that formula worked, making it happen consistently has been the challenge. The Ducks, whose 14 goals are by far the fewest in the league, beat Minnesota 4-1 on Oct. 18, then were outscored 15-5 while losing the next five.

"It's OK as long as we don't think that's the be-all and end-all," coach Bruce Boudreau said of Sunday's win. "We have to build on it. We have to put things together."

Anaheim will try for a third consecutive victory at home, where it's scored eight goals in the last two games after recording one in the first three. The Ducks should have even more incentive after they suffered a pair of 6-2 losses to the Panthers last season.

"It's not going to be easy," Boudreau said. "Florida beat us pretty good last year."

The Panthers (5-4-2) recorded 59 shots in their last two games, but went 1 for 9 on the power play and managed one goal each time while dropping both to Boston and Washington.

"We played two good teams," coach Gerard Gallant told the NHL's official website. "When you're getting chances, that's a good sign. If we weren't getting chances, then I'd be frustrated."

A lower-body injury kept leading scorer Jaromir Jagr out of both contests, but he is expected to play Wednesday.

"We would love to have him back," Gallant said. "We miss him when he's not there. We want to make sure he's ready and I think he is. He's a big part of our team and it showed. If it was a long-term injury we wouldn't put him in. But he thinks it is fine."

Jagr, with six goals and four assists, last faced the Ducks in December 2013 with New Jersey.

Teammate Nick Bjugstad has three points in the last two road games. He had two goals and two assists at Anaheim on Nov. 16.

Andersen, who has a 2.05 goals-against average and earned his first win in eight starts Sunday, has yielded seven goals in two games against the Panthers.

Playing a big role in Anaheim's offensive woes are the struggles of Corey Perry, who after totaling 76 goals the past two seasons has none through the first 11 games. He was held without a point against the Panthers last season.

Ryan Getzlaf has one point in eight games, and it's uncertain if he'll be ready Wednesday after missing the last three with a case of appendicitis that required surgery.

Comment

NOVEMBER 4, 7:00 PM
                  WINNIPEG vs. TORONTO
                  Winnipeg is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
                  Winnipeg is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Toronto
                  Toronto is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
                  The total has gone OVER in 5 of Toronto's last 5 games when playing Winnipeg

NOVEMBER 4, 8:00 PM
                  ST. LOUIS vs. CHICAGO
                  St. Louis is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Chicago
                  St. Louis is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games when playing Chicago
                  Chicago is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing St. Louis
                  Chicago is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against St. Louis

NOVEMBER 4, 10:00 PM
                  PITTSBURGH vs. VANCOUVER
                  The total has gone OVER in 5 of Pittsburgh's last 7 games when playing on the road against Vancouver
                  Pittsburgh is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Vancouver
                  Vancouver is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games at home
                  Vancouver is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Pittsburgh

NOVEMBER 4, 10:30 PM
                  FLORIDA vs. ANAHEIM
                  Florida is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
                  The total has gone OVER in 4 of Florida's last 6 games when playing on the road against Anaheim

Comment

Thank you Winslow!!!!! I appreciate it! Good stuff!

Comment

NHL
                      Dunkel

Wednesday, November 4

Winnipeg @ Toronto

Game 1-2
                      November 4, 2015 @ 7:00 pm

Dunkel Rating:
                      Winnipeg
                      Toronto
                      Dunkel Team:
                      Dunkel Line:
                      Dunkel Total:
                      Toronto
                      by 1
                      6 1/2
                      Vegas Team:
                      Vegas Line:
                      Vegas Total:
                      Winnipeg
                      5 1/2
                      Dunkel Pick:
                      Toronto
                      (+120); Over

St. Louis @ Chicago

Game 3-4
                      November 4, 2015 @ 8:00 pm

Dunkel Rating:
                      St. Louis
                      Chicago
                      Dunkel Team:
                      Dunkel Line:
                      Dunkel Total:
                      St. Louis
                      by 3
                      4 1/2
                      Vegas Team:
                      Vegas Line:
                      Vegas Total:
                      Chicago
                      Dunkel Pick:
                      St. Louis
                      (+115); Under

Pittsburgh @ Vancouver

Game 5-6
                      November 4, 2015 @ 10:00 pm

Dunkel Rating:
                      Pittsburgh
                      Vancouver
                      Dunkel Team:
                      Dunkel Line:
                      Dunkel Total:
                      Pittsburgh
                      by 1 1/2
                      Vegas Team:
                      Vegas Line:
                      Vegas Total:
                      Vancouver
                      Dunkel Pick:
                      Pittsburgh
                      (-105); Under

Florida @ Anaheim

Game 7-8
                      November 4, 2015 @ 10:30 pm

Dunkel Rating:
                      Florida
                      Anaheim
                      Dunkel Team:
                      Dunkel Line:
                      Dunkel Total:
                      Anaheim
                      by 2 1/2
                      6 1/2
                      Vegas Team:
                      Vegas Line:
                      Vegas Total:
                      Anaheim
                      Dunkel Pick:
                      Anaheim
                      (-140); Over

NHL
                      Long Sheet

Wednesday, November 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WINNIPEG (7-4-0-1, 15 pts.) at TORONTO (2-7-0-2, 6 pts.) - 11/4/2015, 7:05 PM
                      Top Trends for this game.
                      WINNIPEG is 31-27 ATS (+67.2 Units) in a road game where where the total is 5.5 over the last 3 seasons.
                      WINNIPEG is 15-10 ATS (+27.9 Units) in road games first half of the season over the last 2 seasons.
                      WINNIPEG is 38-20 ATS (+58.9 Units) after scoring 1 goal or less in their previous game since 1996.
                      TORONTO is 32-61 ATS (-39.3 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                      TORONTO is 7-22 ATS (+29.4 Units) after a non-conference game over the last 2 seasons.
                      TORONTO is 113-126 ATS (-78.2 Units) in home games after scoring 4 goals or more in their previous game since 1996.

Head-to-Head Series History
                      WINNIPEG is 3-1 (+1.7 Units) against the spread versus TORONTO over the last 3 seasons
                      WINNIPEG is 3-1-0 straight up against TORONTO over the last 3 seasons
                      4 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+4.1 Units)

ST LOUIS (8-3-0-1, 17 pts.) at CHICAGO (7-5-0-0, 14 pts.) - 11/4/2015, 8:05 PM
                      CHICAGO is 43-22 ATS (+8.3 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
                      CHICAGO is 19-6 ATS (+10.8 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the first half of the season over the last 2 seasons.

CHICAGO is 8-8-0 straight up against ST LOUIS over the last 3 seasons
                      7 of 13 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+0.6 Units)

PITTSBURGH (7-4-0-0, 14 pts.) at VANCOUVER (6-2-0-4, 16 pts.) - 11/4/2015, 10:05 PM
                      PITTSBURGH is 51-47 ATS (-22.5 Units) in all games over the last 2 seasons.
                      PITTSBURGH is 66-92 ATS (-50.6 Units) when playing with 3 or more days rest since 1996.
                      PITTSBURGH is 27-35 ATS (-27.8 Units) after scoring 4 goals or more in their previous game over the last 3 seasons.

VANCOUVER is 2-2 (+0.2 Units) against the spread versus PITTSBURGH over the last 3 seasons
                      VANCOUVER is 2-2-0 straight up against PITTSBURGH over the last 3 seasons
                      2 of 3 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+0.9 Units)

FLORIDA (5-4-0-2, 12 pts.) at ANAHEIM (2-7-0-2, 6 pts.) - 11/4/2015, 10:35 PM
                      ANAHEIM is 18-4 ATS (+12.4 Units) in a home game where where the total is 5 or less over the last 2 seasons.
                      ANAHEIM is 26-11 ATS (+9.4 Units) after scoring 4 goals or more in their previous game over the last 2 seasons.
                      ANAHEIM is 2-9 ATS (-9.0 Units) in all games this season.
                      ANAHEIM is 2-9 ATS (-8.8 Units) first half of the season this season.

FLORIDA is 3-1 (+2.9 Units) against the spread versus ANAHEIM over the last 3 seasons
                      FLORIDA is 3-1-0 straight up against ANAHEIM over the last 3 seasons
                      3 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+2.1 Units)

NHL
                      Short Sheet

Wednesday, November 4

Winnipeg at Toronto, 7:05 PM ET
                      Winnipeg: 38-20 SU after scoring 1 goal or less in their previous game
                      Toronto: 8-25 SU after having lost 6 or 7 of their last 8

St Louis at Chicago, 8:05 PM ET
                      St Louis: 5-9 SU after getting shutout in their previous game
                      Chicago: 15-2 SU after 2 or more consecutive overs

Pittsburgh at Vancouver, 10:05 PM ET
                      Pittsburgh: 6-3 SU after 1 or more consecutive unders
                      Vancouver: 7-18 SU after a 2 game unbeaten streak

Florida at Anaheim, 10:35 PM ET
                      Florida: 14-7 SU in road games after 1 or more consecutive losses
                      Anaheim: 2-9 SU in all games

NHL
                      Armadillo's Write-Up

Wednesday, November 4

Hot teams
                      -- Winnipeg won three of its last five games.
                      -- Blues won seven of their last ten games. Chicago won five of its last seven.
                      -- Penguins won seven of their last eight games. Vancouver won three of its last four.

Cold teams
                      -- Maple Leafs lost six of their last seven games.
                      -- Florida lost five of its last seven games. Ducks lost eight of last ten.

Series records
                      -- Jets won five of last six games with Toronto.
                      -- Blues lost six of last nine games with Chicago.
                      -- Canucks won last two games with Pittsburgh: 3-0/5-0.
                      -- Panthers won three of last four games with Anaheim.

Totals
                      -- Last six Winnipeg-Toronto games went over total.
                      -- Under is 5-0-1 in last five St Louis games.
                      -- Under is 6-1-1 in last eight Pittsburgh games.
                      -- Last three Florida-Anaheim games went over total.

Comment

Hot teams
                        -- Winnipeg won three of its last five games.
                        -- Blues won seven of their last ten games. Chicago won five of its last seven.
                        -- Penguins won seven of their last eight games. Vancouver won three of its last four.

Cold teams
                        -- Maple Leafs lost six of their last seven games.
                        -- Florida lost five of its last seven games. Ducks lost eight of last ten.

Series records
                        -- Jets won five of last six games with Toronto.
                        -- Blues lost six of last nine games with Chicago.
                        -- Canucks won last two games with Pittsburgh: 3-0/5-0.
                        -- Panthers won three of last four games with Anaheim.

Totals
                        -- Last six Winnipeg-Toronto games went over total.
                        -- Under is 5-0-1 in last five St Louis games.
                        -- Under is 6-1-1 in last eight Pittsburgh games.
                        -- Last three Florida-Anaheim games went over total.

Comment

Hope you have a speedy recovery from your surgery.
                          Last edited by winslow; 11-04-2015, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Which spot bets are the wiseguys looking to wager this week?

TCU is coming off an emotional revenge spot versus West Virginia when it heads to Stillwater to play the undefeated Cowboys.

Letdown spot

The TCU Horned Frogs erased their lone loss of 2014 - a loss that cost them a shot at the college football playoffs – with a 40-10 thumping of the West Virginia Mountaineers, covering as 12-point home favorites last Saturday. It was a game circled in red ink on the TCU schedule for coaches, players, waterboys, trainers – and especially football bettors - since the Horned Frogs' docket was released. But after such an emotional win, TCU is now in danger of a letdown in Week 10.

The Horned Frogs are in a tricky spot Saturday, travelling to Stillwater to face the No. 10 Oklahoma State Cowboys. The Pokes, who are getting 5.5-points from the oddsmakers, are a perfect 8-0 SU on the season and 5-3 ATS. Oklahoma State has the fire power to stand and trade with TCU, ranked seventh in points, and unlike past seasons the Cowboys have some semblance of a defense. With the Horned Frogs hitting the road after an important win, there could be value in the home dog Saturday.

Lookahead spot

The New York Jets have stumbled after a hot start to the season, losing back-to-back road games to the Patriots and Raiders after going 4-1 SU and ATS through the first five games of the schedule. But at least they’re doing better than former head coach Rex Ryan, right? Ryan’s Bills have dropped three of their last four before enjoying a bye in Week 8. Gang Green can prove they’re better without Rex when these teams clash in Week 10.

But before that bad blood is spilled, New York welcomes the Jacksonville Jaguars to MetLife Stadium this Sunday. Odds for this game are off the board at most books while the Jets figure out what the heck to do at quarterback. Ryan Fitzpatrick and Geno Smith are both dinged up, which may leave them to start rookie QB Bryce Petty. Add to that a pending date with their former coach and the J-E-T-S – Jets, Jets, Jets - are in lookahead hell Sunday.

Schedule spot

The Detroit Pistons are the big bread winners to start the NBA season, winning outright in their first three games – all of which as betting underdogs. Detroit didn’t roll over cupcakes either, beating Chicago and Atlanta in that opening stretch. They host an old rival in Indiana Tuesday before hitting the road for a challenging slate of games.

The Pistons open this trip in Phoenix Friday, then play at Portland Sunday and Golden State Monday for a three-in-four gauntlet. Following a day off Tuesday, Detroit takes on Sacramento Wednesday and a pair of L.A. teams the following weekend. All in all, the Pistons are away from Motown for almost two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                            X