• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday's NHL Trends and Indexes - 5/20

Trends and Indexes

Wednesday, May 20

Good Luck on day #140 of 2015!

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

NHL Matchups

NHL Injuries

NHL Hot and Not

NASCAR Schedules

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo: Wednesday's six-pack

Six times I saw my dad when he was the happiest.......

-- May 1970, Knicks over the Lakers in Game 7 to win the NBA title. He loved the Knicks with Frazier-DeBusschere-Reed-Bradley.

-- Not sure of the year, but he was a $2 bettor at the racetrack-- horse named Old Vic won and he hit a $131 exacta-- he talked about that for the next ten years. .

-- December 2003-- He won an NFL pool at the bank he went to. First place, decent amount of money. He was very happy.

-- Whenever he was working at Town of Colonie golf course; he worked there after he retired from NY State. He loved his friends he worked with there.

-- 1986, Mets over Red Sox in World Series. My dad was a Brooklyn Dodger fan, but he became a huge Met fan. Daniel Murphy was his favorite current Met.

-- 1981-- Chargers beat the Oilers in the Astrodome; Dan Fouts kept throwing TD passes. That was last game on my dad's football ticket that week-- he saw Fouts on TV last year and still remembered that Fouts won him his football ticket that day.

Armadillo: Wednesday's List of 13: RIP Dad, thanks for everything..........

Its hard to write this; my best friend died last night.

Bernie Fischer was a great dad, a better friend, the best person I ever met. He passed away last night at age 89. I will miss him greatly.

He was born in Queens but lived in Albany since the mid-50's, when he met my mother. My dad grew up a huge Brooklyn Dodger fan-- his favorite player was an OF named Pete Reiser who always got hurt running into walls.

My dad loved the Mets, Knicks, Giants, Rangers; he loved to golf, probably because its sense of honor appealed to an honest man. He was someone who didn't have great professional success because he wasn't a weasel like a lot of people who "get ahead".

You hear stories about moms who threaten her kids with "Just wait until your father gets home!!!" Hell, we couldn't wait until he got home-- things always got a lot better once he walked in the house. He was a joy to be around, just a nice person who like to smile and have fun.

I wasn't allowed to watch the Three Stooges as a kid, but if my mother went out I would put it on; my dad would walk in, shake his head; within five minutes, he was laughing harder than I was. He'd say how stupid it was, then walk out of the room laughing his head off.

Dad was a very good shortstop as a kid; I sucked at baseball, but he always tried to help me and the one year he coached me was the year I was actually pretty good, even made the All-Star team. My proudest moment was getting a double in the All-Star Game and seeing him cheering wildly behind home plate.

I was the student manager of our basketball team in college; he went to the games with his friend Joe and would stop by practices to bring me home. My friends on the team always went up to talk to him and greet him during drink breaks-- the coaches too. I'll be forever indebted to them for that.

He was a patient man who never busted my balls when I showed up for my driver's test without the piece of paper you needed to take the test, or when my orthodontist yelled at me because my braces broke, or when I got divorced.

He was a great husband; he loved going to Florida for a couple months every winter after he retired. He became a pretty good golfer, even though he didn't hit the ball real far. He always hit it straight and he could putt fairly well.

The last few years, Dad liked going to Cliff's restaurant on Saratoga Lake with his friend Fran; it was a bad omen when Cliff's closed for good in January. He went there every Thursday for many years.

He was a religious man who was an example of how to live a good life; he was not a guy who wore his religion on his sleeve, but he was nice to everyone and if you didn't like him, it said more about you than about him.

As sad as today is, he is with his parents, his brother and my mother today; he is telling St Peter how the Mets need a shortstop. Seriously, he probably is.

Like I said before, my dad is the best person I've ever met; even though he is gone now, its hard to believe he'll ever be very far away.

RIP Dad, thanks for everything. I love you.

Comment

NHL
      Long Sheet

Wednesday, May 20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NY RANGERS (62-27-0-7, 131 pts.) at TAMPA BAY (59-30-0-8, 126 pts.) - 5/20/2015, 8:05 PM
      Top Trends for this game.
      TAMPA BAY is 184-194 ATS (+462.2 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season since 1996.
      NY RANGERS are 62-34 ATS (+14.3 Units) in all games this season.
      NY RANGERS are 21-8 ATS (+12.7 Units) in a road game where where the total is 5 or less this season.
      NY RANGERS are 42-19 ATS (+14.2 Units) second half of the season this season.
      NY RANGERS are 22-13 ATS (+6.6 Units) revenging a loss versus opponent this season.
      NY RANGERS are 16-5 ATS (+10.9 Units) in road games after allowing 4 goals or more over the last 2 seasons.
      NY RANGERS are 12-6 ATS (+18.7 Units) in road games after a loss by 2 goals or more in their previous game over the last 2 seasons.
      NY RANGERS are 17-11 ATS (+28.9 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
      NY RANGERS are 12-5 ATS (+17.2 Units) in road games when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season this season.

Head-to-Head Series History
      TAMPA BAY is 6-5 (+1.6 Units) against the spread versus NY RANGERS over the last 3 seasons
      TAMPA BAY is 6-5-0 straight up against NY RANGERS over the last 3 seasons
      6 of 10 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Over=+2.0 Units)

NHL
      Armadillo's Write-Up

Wednesday, May 20

Rangers lost four of five games with Tampa Bay this season; they were outscored 22-11 in the five games-- five of last seven series games went over; New York lost two of last three visits to Tampa Bay-- Game 2 was first Ranger playoff game out of 14 that wasn't decided by a goal. Under is 5-3-1 in last nine Lightning games; they've won three of last four at home. Rangers gave up six goals in last game after allowing six goals in winning previous four games. Rangers outhit Tampa Bay 30-18 in Game 1, but hits were 28-26 last game. Lightning had three power play goals Monday after scoring only Game 1 goal with a man advantage.

2015 NHL playoffs
      Tampa Bay vs NY Rangers
      NYR 2-1, -$143, U5
      TB 6-2, +$128, O5

Chicago vs Anaheim
      Ana 4-1, -$135, N5
      Chi 3-2, 3OT, +$113, N5

NHL

Wednesday, May 20

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Trend Report
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8:00 PM
      NY RANGERS vs. TAMPA BAY
      The total has gone OVER in 4 of the NY Rangers last 6 games when playing on the road against Tampa Bay
      The total has gone OVER in 4 of the NY Rangers last 5 games when playing Tampa Bay
      Tampa Bay is 14-5 SU in its last 19 games at home
      Tampa Bay is 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing NY Rangers

Comment

NHL

Wednesday, May 20

What bettors need to know: Rangers at Lightning

New York Rangers at Tampa Bay Lightning (-129, 5)

Series tied 1-1

The Tampa Bay Lightning rebounded from a meek effort against the New York Rangers in the Eastern Conference final series opener with a 6-2 thrashing in Game 2 to steal home ice from the Presidents' Trophy winners. The Lightning look to ride the momentum - and the league's best home record - when they face the visiting Rangers on Wednesday in Game 3 of the best-of-seven matchup.

"In Game 1, we participated in a hockey game," Tampa Bay coach Jon Cooper said. "In Game 2, we came to win a hockey game. It was ultimately our will that was different." Tyler Johnson sparked Monday's rout with a hat trick to end New York's NHL-record streak of 15 consecutive postseason games decided by one goal. The Rangers own the league's top road record and showed their mettle by rallying from a 3-1 series deficit to eliminate Washington, but they know they cannot afford a repeat of their play in Game 2, which was termed "embarrassing" by captain Ryan McDonagh. "Ultimately, we have to crawl back and find a way to win some games in their building," the defenseman said.

TV:
        8 p.m. ET, NBCSN, CBC, TVA

LINE HISTORY:
        Tampa Bay opened -130 and is now -129. The total opened at 5.

INJURY REPORT:
        Rangers - LW Mats Zuccarello (Questionable, head).

ABOUT THE RANGERS:
        Henrik Lundqvist has permitted one goal eight times during the postseason, but Game 2 marked the fifth time this season he has been victimized for at least five tallies - and three of those occasions have come against Tampa Bay. "They made us pay on some of the mistakes, especially on the power play," said Lundqvist, who had not allowed six goals in the postseason since his playoff debut in 2006. "It's going to be a tough series if we take too many penalties." Chris Kreider netted his team-high sixth goal and Derek Stepan notched his fifth - both on the power play, but Rick Nash continues to struggle in the postseason with two goals in 14 games following a career-best 42-goal campaign.

ABOUT THE LIGHTNING:
        Tampa Bay finally got some much-needed production from their top line as Alex Killorn scored twice and captain Steven Stamkos tallied once, but Johnson stole the show with the first playoff hat trick in franchise history to give him a postseason-leading 11 goals. Johnson, who scored 29 times during the regular season, has registered four multi-goal performances in the playoffs - and each has followed a Tampa Bay defeat. "We've seen it all season, but it seems like whenever he's in a situation that's big like this, in Madison Square Garden, conference finals, he takes it to another level," Killorn said of Johnson. "It seems like he was leading the way and we were kind of following."

TRENDS:

* Over is 4-1-1 in the last six meetings in Tampa Bay.
        * Rangers are 1-5 in the last six meetings.
        * Rangers are 5-0 in their last five when their opponent scores five goals or more in their previous game.
        * Under is 4-0 in Lightning last four after scoring five goals or more in their previous game.

CONSENSUS:
        According to Consensus, 63 percent of bettors are backing the Lightning.

Comment

NHL

Wednesday, May 20

Zuccarello skates, won't play in Game 3

Injured New York Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello skated lightly earlier in the week, but is not yet ready to return to the lineup.

According to The Score, head coach Alain Vigneault doesn't foresee Zuccarello returning until at least after the series heads back to New York for Game 5.

The Norwegian suffered a concussion in the opening round series against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Comment

NHL
            Dunkel

Wednesday, May 20

New York Rangers @ Tampa Bay Lightning

Game 59-60
            May 20, 2015 @ 8:00 pm

Dunkel Rating:
            New York Rangers
            Tampa Bay Lightni
            Dunkel Team:
            Dunkel Line:
            Dunkel Total:
            Tampa Bay Lightni
            by 1 1/2
            Vegas Team:
            Vegas Line:
            Vegas Total:
            Tampa Bay Lightni
            Dunkel Pick:
            Tampa Bay Lightni
            (-135); Under

Comment

NHL

Wednesday, May 20

Lighting the lamp against Lundy not new for Tampa

New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist has permitted one goal eight times during the postseason, but Game 2 marked the fifth time this season he has been victimized for at least five tallies - and three of those occasions have come against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

The Lightning put six goals past the Swedish netminder in Game 2 to even the series up at 1-1. Lundqvist allowed five goals in a 5-1 loss to Tampa on Nov. 26 and five goals in a 6-3 loss on Dec. 1.

The puck drops on Game 3 Wednesday evening with the Lightning -130 moneyline faves and the total at 5.

Comment

NHL
                Short Sheet

Wednesday, May 20

Eastern Conference Finals - Best of 7 - Game 3

New York Rangers at Tampa Bay Lightning, 8:05 ET

New York: 29-13 ATS in road games after one or more consecutive overs
                Tampa Bay: 10-17 ATS off a road win scoring 4 or more goals

Comment

Working...
                X