• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday's NHL Trends and Indexes - 5/2

Trends and Indexes

Saturday, May 2

Good Luck on day #122 of 2015!

NOTE:
    As information becomes available, we will attempt to post the trends and indexes as soon as possible.
    Information is posted from what we believe are reliable sources.
    Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the posting member or BettorsChat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchup Links

NHL Matchups

NHL Injuries

NHL Hot and Not

NASCAR Schedules

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armadillo: Saturday's six-pack

-- Alex Rodriguez hit his 660th home run, tying Willie Mays on the all-time list and the HR was a game-winner in 8th inning at Boston. Thats a $6M homer, people.

-- Red Sox called catching prospect Blake Swihart up after Ryan Hanigan got hurt by a foul tip Friday night. Swihart is supposed to be a good one.

-- Jameis Winston can keep a secret; his people had to be negotiating with the Bucs before the draft- he already signed a four-year, $35.35M contract.

-- ESPN has to have a stake in the pay per view for the Mayweather fight tonight, don't they? The amount of publicity they gave this fight is astounding.

-- 49ers, Redskins, Patriots all have seven draft picks today, most of any teams, as the NFL Draft winds up in Chicago.

-- Thru two days, 25 Pac-12 players were drafted, 22 from SEC, 20 from ACC.

Armadillo: Saturday's List of 13: DD Lohaus handicaps the Derby........

Boy, if today was any indication of the weather and the type of racing to come than Saturday's Kentucky Derby Day should be a great one.

I must admit that I did get into the races a bit later than usual this year but I believe what I have seen is enough to have a pretty good idea of who I believe are top contenders.

What is generally regarded as a solid group of three year olds really should offer some decent value once you settle on your horse BUT I simply couldn't get past my top two. And ironically they are trained by the same guy (which is really getting to be more frequent in recent years).

American Pharoah looks like a very special horse. I really wanted to find a reason to bet against him but his most recent workout over the Churchill track really clinched it for me. He is strictly the one to beat. Now at what figures to be very short odds, a large field and some a lot of traffic early, I am likely not to place a win bet on him but he will be the key in my exotics.

Dortmund is a very interesting case and may be a bit more 'battle tested' than his most respected stable mate. He has a win over the track and he certainly figures to be the main challenger.

I really, really liked Carpe Diem's victory in the Bluegrass and he appears to take his game with him wherever he goes. I am always a bit biased by a win at Saratoga and his Breeders Cup effort was solid. Don't like the post AT ALL...he will have to use some horse to keep his position and that will cost him late in the race. May afford some value.

Firing Line ran a monster last time and if you like Dortmund you have to like this guy (ran second twice; just missed both times). Stevens is solid and maybe this guy is this good.

It wouldn't be gambling if I didn't give a bomber to make things interesting.... The horse I think is worth a deuce across the board is Keen Ice.

I know, the guy has only won once and it was a maiden race to boot (but it was over the Churchill strip)...but if the fractions are lightning fast this guy could be running late and pick up some of the pieces. He has a steady tab of workouts and gets a major upgrade in Desormeaux....why not...

The Selections:
    1. American Pharoah - could be a monster
    2. Dortmund - hard-knocker who can mix it up
    3. Carpe Diem - liked Bluegrass but hate post...will need all he has turning for home

The Bets
    $20Ex American Pharoah/Dortmund, Carpe Diem, Firing Line, Keen Ice
    $5 Ex Dortmund, Carpe Diem, Firing Line, Keen Ice/American Pharoah
    $1ExBX Dortmund/Carpe Diem/Firing Line/Keen Ice
    $2WPS Keen Ice

Total Bets: $118.00

Comment

NHL
      Long Sheet

Saturday, May 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON (50-28-0-12, 112 pts.) at NY RANGERS (57-24-0-7, 121 pts.) - 5/2/2015, 12:35 PM
      Top Trends for this game.
      NY RANGERS are 57-31 ATS (+23.7 Units) in all games this season.
      NY RANGERS are 37-16 ATS (+10.2 Units) second half of the season this season.
      NY RANGERS are 27-9 ATS (+13.5 Units) vs. division opponents this season.
      NY RANGERS are 26-13 ATS (+10.2 Units) after scoring 1 goal or less in their previous game over the last 2 seasons.
      WASHINGTON is 28-22 ATS (+5.8 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.
      NY RANGERS are 129-127 ATS (-64.6 Units) in home games after a division game since 1996.
      NY RANGERS are 167-200 ATS (-117.5 Units) in home games when playing against a team with a winning record since 1996.

Head-to-Head Series History
      NY RANGERS is 11-8 (+1.6 Units) against the spread versus WASHINGTON over the last 3 seasons
      NY RANGERS is 11-8-0 straight up against WASHINGTON over the last 3 seasons
      10 of 15 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons . (Under=+4.4 Units)

NHL
      Armadillo's Write-Up

Saturday, May 2

Washington scored at 19:58 of third period to win dramatic Game 1; their other goal came with 1:47 left in first period. Capitals lost four of last six games with New York; three of last five series games went over total. Caps are 3-3 in last six visits to Manhattan. Under is 5-1 in Ranger playoff games, 5-2-1 in Washington's games- five of last six NY games were 2-1 games; they've won eight of last 11 games overall. Washington is 16-16 killing penalties in playoffs; they won three of last five road games. There were only four penalties called in game until brief scrap after game ended.

Home side won nine of last 11 Calgary-Anaheim games, with Flames 1-23 in last 24 games played in Orange County- seven of last nine series games went over. Calgary is 7-4 in its last 11 games (under 6-4-1); they scored one goal in each of the losses. Flames lost four of last five road games. Anaheim won nine of last 11 games overall, but both losses came at home. Calgary won its first playoff series in 11 years when they upset Vancouver; question is, are they satisfied or will they compete harder in this game than they did in Game 1?

2015 NHL playoffs
      Washington vs NY Rangers
      Wash 2-1, +$143, U5

Tampa Bay vs Montreal
      TB 2-1 OT, +$107, U5

Calgary vs Anaheim
      Ana 6-1, -$190, O5.5

Minnesota vs Chicago
      Chi 4-3, -$135, O5

NHL

Saturday, May 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Trend Report
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12:30 PM
      WASHINGTON vs. NY RANGERS
      Washington is 4-8 SU in their last 12 games when playing on the road against NY Rangers
      The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Washington's last 9 games when playing NY Rangers
      NY Rangers are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games when playing Washington
      NY Rangers are 10-3 SU in their last 13 games

Comment

NHL

Saturday, May 2

What bettors need to know: Capitals at Rangers

Washington Capitals at New York Rangers (-163, 5)
        Capitals lead series 1-0

The New York Rangers posted the best record in the NHL this season but the Presidents' Trophy winners saw their home-ice advantage disappear after one game courtesy of a stunning last-second goal. The Rangers attempt to level their Eastern Conference semifinal series at one apiece when they host the Washington Capitals on Saturday afternoon in Game 2.

New York had won three straight 2-1 decisions - two in overtime - to close out Pittsburgh in the opening round, but was victimized by Joel Ward's goal with 1.3 seconds left in regulation to drop the series opener 2-1. "It's going to be tough for the next couple hours, then you start focusing on the next game," Rangers netminder Lundqvist said. "It's going to come fast, an early one on Saturday. That's what we are looking for right now, to come back and have a better game and better result." Captain Alex Ovechkin scored the first goal before setting up Ward's game-winner for Washington, which expects a huge effort from the Rangers in Game 2. "You know their desperation level and their detail level and their commitment level will be at the optimum tomorrow," Capitals coach Barry Trotz said.

LINE HISTORY:
        The lines opened as Rangers -169 with a total of 5.

INJURY REPORT:
        Capitals - Eric Fehr (Out-Upper Body) Rangers - Dan Boyle (Prob-Undisclosed)

ABOUT THE CAPITALS:
        Ovechkin scored a league-best 53 goals during the regular season and was immense in the series opener, beating Lundqvist with a laser and having the presence of mind to find Ward for the deciding tally just before time expired. “He’s very similar to (former Rangers captain) Mark Messier,” Trotz said. “Those rare talents that can play a very heavy game, intimidate you with his speed, intimidate you with his physicality and skill." Braden Holtby, who gave up 12 goals in going 1-3-0 against the Rangers in the regular season, turned aside 31 shots and has permitted six tallies in his last five starts.

ABOUT THE RANGERS:
        Coach Alain Vigneault was irked by the hit Washington's Nicklas Backstrom delivered on defenseman Dan Boyle in the waning seconds that led to the winning goal, but he was more upset by his team's inability to match the play of Ovechkin and Co. "Their top line, I mean, I could say they had their way with us," Vigneault said. "They probably had more than two-thirds of their scoring chances. We need to do a better job against that line without a doubt." Boyle said the hit by Backstrom left him "dazed and confused" but he was on the ice at Friday's practice and is expected to play Saturday.

TRENDS:

*Road team is 4-0 in the last 4 meetings.
        *Rangers are 27-6 in their last 33 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
        *Under is 16-5-8 in the last 29 meetings.
        *Under is 5-0-3 in Capitals last 8 Conference Semifinals games.

Comment

NHL
          Dunkel

Saturday, May 2

Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers

Game 59-60
          May 2, 2015 @ 12:30 pm

Dunkel Rating:
          Washington Capita
          New York Rangers
          Dunkel Team:
          Dunkel Line:
          Dunkel Total:
          Washington Capita
          by 1
          5 1/2
          Vegas Team:
          Vegas Line:
          Vegas Total:
          New York Rangers
          Dunkel Pick:
          Washington Capita
          (+160); Over

Comment

NHL

Saturday, May 2

Rangers' one goal games has unders cashing

The New York Rangers have been giving audiences exciting games and bettors a boon for under tickets. In the Rangers six games this post season all were decided by one goal and five were unders.

Going into last year's playoffs, the Rangers have now competed in eight consecutive one goal games while posting a 1-6-1 over/under record.

The Rangers and Washington Capitals meet for Game 2 Saturday with a total of 5.

Comment

NHL
              Short Sheet

Saturday, May 2

Eastern Conference Semifinals - Best of 7 - Game 2- Wash Leads 1-0

Washington at NY Rangers, 12:35 ET

Washington: 4-11 SU after covering 4 of their last 5 against the spread
              NY Rangers: 37-17 SU after covering 4 or 5 of their last 6 against the spread

Comment

Working...
              X