This my friends, is your President speaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This my friends, is your President speaking

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government can not pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better." - Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

It's amazing that he could fit all of that onto the back of a matchbook !! Given that his telepromptor was still in the shop awaiting its debut
    He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Never know what will come out of Obama's mouth, no matter how self-contradictory from previous utterances, or how deceitful and divorced from reality.

Many take comfort in knowing that whatever problem this nation faces, Obama has a speech to solve the problem.
      sigpic

Comment

"Tax the rich, feed the poor, till there are no rich no more."
        Alvin Lee 1970

I say TAX the ASSHoles!

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
        When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
        Jon E. Checkers

Comment

Originally posted by jcheckers View Post
          Alvin Lee 1970

I say TAX the ASSHoles!
          And how many of the "poor" have given you a job during your lifetime?

Comment

Originally posted by umreb78 View Post
            And how many of the "poor" have given you a job during your lifetime?
            Spot On!!!

I just do not get that kind of thinking. Hating the rich
            Last edited by Spark; 08-02-2011, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jcheckers View Post
              Alvin Lee 1970

Yes, it means if you tax the rich and give it to the poor, then everyone gets poorer (including the poor before you taxed the rich). We all lose under Marxism (redistribution of wealth from the rich to the poor).

We can solve our hunger and homeless problem easily - let the hungry eat the homeless.
              sigpic

Comment

Warren Buffett, in a recent interview with CNBC, offers one of the best quotes I've heard in all this drama about the debt ceiling:

"I could end the deficit in 5 minutes," he told Becky Quick. "You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election."

Comment

Working...
                X