Racist Sheila Jackson Upset Over Interracial Superbowl Pepsi Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racist Sheila Jackson Upset Over Interracial Superbowl Pepsi Ad

Jackson Lee blasts 'demeaning' Pepsi Super Bowl adBy Pete Kasperowicz - 02/09/11 08:56 AM ET

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) took to the House floor Tuesday night to criticize what she called a "demeaning" Pepsi ad that aired during the Super Bowl.

In the ad for Pepsi Max, a black woman sitting on a park bench gets angry with her husband after an attractive, white female jogger sits down next to the couple and smiles and waves at the man.

After the man smiles back, his girlfriend or wife gets angry and whips her Pepsi Max can at him. The man ducks, and the can hits the attractive jogger in the head. The ad is titled "Love hurts."

Jackson Lee said it was ridiculous for the soft drink maker to air the advertisement during African-American history month.

"In this month of African-American history where we're trying to celebrate what is good and great, it certainly seems ridiculous that Pepsi would utilize this kind of humor," she said. "It was not humorous. It was demeaning — an African-American woman throwing something at an African-American male and winding up hitting a Caucasian woman."

Jackson Lee said she has a sense of humor and believes in the First Amendment. She also said the Super Bowl is a great time for "fellowship" with family members.

"That is why I'm so disappointed with the Pepsi advertisement that showed a demeaning role for African American women, in an ad that showed a can being thrown and being utilized to wound someone else or hit someone else," she said.

"I think that we can come together in a much better way, sell Pepsi, and as well talk about good nutrition," she said. "But, frankly, I consider this insulting, and so did many other women of all colors."

Jackson Lee also said it would be great to have a lot more women in ads at the Super Bowl.

Give me a fucking break...

She needs to be expelled out of the House immediately if this is the kind of shit she's worried about

Comment

It's African American history month?????
      Questions, comments, complaints:
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
        It's African American history month?????

Comment

My favorite drink!
          NBA is a joke

Comment

Amazing to me that the same people who don't want anyone to judge them by the color of their skin are the same ones that only see one color

Comment

Not only is (and has always been) she a disgusting racist....she's a STUPID disgusting racist. This is the same miserable blob of proptoplasm that spent ten minutes on her phone while her constituents questioned her at a town hall last year. She is wasting our oxygen!
              Last edited by umreb78; 02-10-2011, 04:53 PM.

Comment

No bullshit I have a handfull of african american friends and when I saw this add I said to a few of them that if it was the other way around and a white couple hit a black woman with the can and got up and ran,Rev Al and Jessie would have been heard from before the game was over.

It doesnt matter what happens its always someone elses fault and someones always being blamed you cant just have fun with people .

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo View Post
                  you cant just have fun with people .
                  You nailed it giz

Comment

this woman is a loser and a moron. I bet she is a blast to hang out with. Prolly as fun as hanging out with a corpse (or spark).
                    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Working...
                    X