Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Warming

Quote #1

"I don't think that anyone disagrees with the fact that we actually are in a cold period that started about nine years ago. Now, that's not me talking, those are the scientists that say that."

Absolutely, that's not science at all!

That was Senator James Inhofe (R-OK) speaking in July 2010. But the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration reports that the planet just experienced the hottest decade (2000-2009) on record since 1880. Stay tuned as 2010 is on track for being one of the hottest years on record. Ready for your next quote?
    Next Quote!

Quote #2
    "The Arctic is warming twice as fast as the rest of the planet, and this summer its sea ice is melting at a near-record pace. The sun is heating the newly open water, so it will take longer to refreeze this winter, and the resulting thinner ice will melt more easily next summer."

That's right!

That was Thomas Homer-Dixon, Ph.D., professor of global systems at the Balsillie School of International Affairs in Waterloo, Canada. Melting sea ice is straining arctic ecosystems and is a clear indicator that global warming is already happening. Ready for your next quote?

Quote #3
    They're saying to us [that global warming is] going to be a big problem because it's going to be warmer than it usually is; my farmers are going to say that's a good thing since they'll be able to grow more corn.

You’re right — that's not science!

That was Congressman Collin Peterson (D-MN), denying that global warming will present agricultural challenges in his district. But the science says something different. Experts predict that yields from corn crops are likely to diminish over time as a result of unabated climate change. Ready for your next quote?

Quote #4
    "It's the most severe winter storm in years, which would seem to contradict Al Gore's hysterical global warming theories."

You're right — that's not science!

That was Sean Hannity, Fox News anchor, speaking about the February 10, 2010, snowstorm in Washington, D.C. Global warming deniers in politics and media leveraged the snowstorm as part of an attack on climate science, but it's just rhetoric. In fact, rising global temperatures caused by global warming play a leading role in the occurrence of more intense rain and snow storms. Ready for your next quote?

"The existence of monkeys does not disprove evolution. The existence of tadpoles does not disprove the existence of frogs. ...The fact that it is snowing somewhere, anywhere, at any one time, does not tell you any useful thing about the overall climate."

Actually, it's true.

That was Rachel Maddow speaking about climate change on her show on MSNBC. She was responding to claims by global warming deniers that recent snowstorms in Washington, D.C. disproved theories of global warming—they don't. Ready to see your score?

Got Science?

Is a scam!!!
    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

It's all Bunk...

Got it Archie?

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
      When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
      Jon E. Checkers

Comment

America is spending its way into oblivion.
        NBA is a joke

Comment

LMFAO, Monte still buying Al Gore's nonsense. Give me a fucking break...

Comment

Global Warming

:

Comment

Originally posted by jcheckers View Post
              It's all Bunk...

Got it Archie?
              John Coleman is a TV weatherman, not a climate scientist. His rant is akin to Bob Barker commenting on economic theory.

Comment

Originally posted by ctt8410 View Post
                John Coleman is a TV weatherman, not a climate scientist. His rant is akin to Bob Barker commenting on economic theory.
                John Coleman is the founder of The Weather Channel, you can believe whatever you want 'Tree Hugger' but the world ain't goin' away....

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
                When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
                Jon E. Checkers

Comment

I've never hugged a tree and I never said the world was going away. Founding a TV channel doesn't make a person an expert on a vaguely related topic in which that person has no education or background.

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post

America is spending its way into oblivion.
                    Seriously BC, I wouldn't worry about the environment when your boy Obama is spending our country into oblivion anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X