Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you surprised Obama pointed blame at Bush during his Katrina speech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you surprised Obama pointed blame at Bush during his Katrina speech?

Your thoughts?
    Yes
    0.00%
    No
    21.05%
    LMAO, hell no, it was expected.
    52.63%
    Who cares?
    26.32%

The poll is expired.

You mean the Bush that said , You're doing one heck of a good job down here Brownie ! As thousands and thousands of people were sitting on ther roofs for days , hoping for a bottle of water , and another 40,000 were using the superdome for there vacation getaway ! You mean that Bush ? Thought so .

Comment

Originally posted by ChitownZ View Post
      You mean the Bush that said , You're doing one heck of a good job down here Brownie ! As thousands and thousands of people were sitting on ther roofs for days , hoping for a bottle of water , and another 40,000 were using the superdome for there vacation getaway ! You mean that Bush ? Thought so .
      The same thousands and thousands that were told to evacuate

As Nagin left bus lot after bus lot packed full.

Look it was a horrible situation, one that I can't comprehend, but why isn't more blame placed on the local officials?

Comment

Katrina was a disaster. I still can't believe with all the resources we have it took that long to do anything. I don't care about blaming anybody, but that was a colossal fuck up.

Comment

When were the original levee's built?

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
            The same thousands and thousands that were told to evacuate

As Nagin left bus lot after bus lot packed full.

Look it was a horrible situation, one that I can't comprehend, but why isn't more blame placed on the local officials?
            I think because people expect the President to save the day, and especially since after a few days and some pressure, help arrived fast. It was gonna be a disaster either way, but it got much worse.

Comment

Yea definitely more blame to others for not being prepared. The relief being slow was another story though.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
                Yea definitely more blame to others for not being prepared. The relief being slow was another story though.
                FEMA as a whole is a joke imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ChitownZ View Post

In Spike Lee's documentary Brown says he smirked when Bush said that to him basically, because he wasn't even able to get the stuff done that he had asked for. Supposedly Donald Rumsfeld is the reason.

Comment

Spike Lee is about as useful as Michael Moore

Comment

The Levee's weren't built properly and they got sued. And the levee's are still shit. It appears that they are building a huge levy, but I'm not sure if that's in the same place as the old ones or not. The last I heard the levee's were temporarily fixed but leaning. Then on Spike Lee's documentary they show them building a huge levee.

All of this could have been avoided if Congress would have passed a bill and listed to the expert testimony when Clinton was President. They said a major hurricane was going to hit there and it would be a disaster unless the levee's were fixed. It was like $7 billion to fix it I believe.

Comment

Spike Lee is about as useful as Michael Moore
                        Well if you want answers watch the documentary. Some of the things going on down there are disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
                          The Levee's weren't built properly and they got sued. And the levee's are still shit. It appears that they are building a huge levy, but I'm not sure if that's in the same place as the old ones or not. The last I heard the levee's were temporarily fixed but leaning. Then on Spike Lee's documentary they show them building a huge levee.

All of this could have been avoided if Congress would have passed a bill and listed to the expert testimony when Clinton was President. They said a major hurricane was going to hit there and it would be a disaster unless the levee's were fixed. It was like $7 billion to fix it I believe.
                          Dont they say every year that there is going to be a major hurricane ??

Just a shame that when people lose their lives changes are made AFTER the fact.
                          He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner View Post
                            Katrina was a disaster. I still can't believe with all the resources we have it took that long to do anything. I don't care about blaming anybody, but that was a colossal fuck up.

Forget "Was"

It still IS a mess!!!!!

and NOBODY seems to give a fuck .... except for certain celebs like Brad Pitt trying to rebuild it.

Comment

i'm still trying to figure out if new orleans has become a "chocolate city" yet or not?
                              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Working...
                              X